Saturday 17 September 2011

Chapter 11 - Gen 1 - Toby

"Jade what is this place?"
"Can't you tell?"
"Well it looks like a ......."
"Its the Wedding Chapel"


"You want to get married here?"
"Well that's the idea - so what do you think?"
"Yes I suppose its ok, do you know who we need to speak to to book the place."
"We don't need to, follow me."


"Toby I didn't bring you here to view the place"
"Then why?"
"To get married."
"What NOW!?"
"Yes, now."
"But I am not dressed, what about my family, your Dad, and what about work?"
"I wouldn't care if you was naked, I am sure our families will forgive us and I booked you time of work."
"You did what?!"
"Melon knows we are getting married today she gave you a week off work."
"You are so craft!!"
"I just want us to get married, today, please Toby"
"Ok if that's what you want."


I had heard a door slam but I didn't look up I was trying to stop my head from spinning, she had sprung this on me and I was not very well prepared.   Jade looked in the direction of the door then her face dropped, she looked worried, still I didn't think to look.

"Jade what's wrong?"
She never got the chance to answer me


Before I knew what was happening, Pear had jumped in between us, I just stood silently and helpless, and let the drama unfold I still did not have any confidence that I was any competition where Pear was concerned.

"JADE STOP!!!"
"Go away Pear."
"NO I won't let you do this - I won't let you marry him!!"
"You can't stop me!!"
"Well I am going to try - just hear me out please!!"


"I don't understand how did you even know we would be here when even Toby didn't know himself??"
"You told the Sous Chef at work didn't you, about the little surprise you was planning today."
"Yes because I had to book time off - he had no right to tell you!!"
"Well thank god he did - someone had to try and make you see sense!!"
"Pear this has nothing to do with you!!"
"It has everything to do with me!!"


"I love you Jade- please don't do this!!"
"You have got a nerve - what about Lime, does she know your here trying to stop me from getting married."
"I finished with Lime, I was only amusing myself waiting for you to come to your senses, but she bored me and you was taking too long, you really dug your heals in this time didn't you"
"This is not a game or a joke Pear -  I am never coming back to you - its over I love Toby and we are getting married today!!"


"You can't marry him - you love me Jade, you know you do, why are you doing this to us?"
"Pear I don't love you why won't you just listen."
"You have said this so many times, but you always come back Jade."
"Maybe but I didn't know any better - now I do, I never loved you, I didn't know what love was."
"And you do now I suppose, WITH HIM, don't make me laugh!!!!"
"Yes Pear I love Toby, I never loved you!!"
"Marry me instead."
"You are off your head are you not listening to me Pear!!??"



"You have told me hundreds of times you loved me, every time we broke up you always came running back."
"What choice did I have when you beat up on any boy that came near me!!"
"You never complained and you were always happy to make up!!"
"Making up was the best part and only part of our relationship worth anything - lust - that's all it was - lust is not love and even I think you can understand that!!"
"Yes but I do LOVE YOU!!!!"
"Well then I feel sorry for you Pear because I DON'T LOVE YOU!!"


"So come on tell me what exactly does your "ugly" friend have that I don't"
"Don't call him that!!"
"Well he is and you better get used to it if you do go ahead with this charade, you know your going to the a laughing stock don't you!!"
"That isn't true and you know it - its only narrow minded selfish idiots like you Pear that even care any more  about mixed relationships - your own brother is ashamed of you, and you know what Tia and Toby are both worth ten of you - your just a selfish fool so full of yourself that you can stand here and make such a fool of yourself and not even realize how PATHETIC you look."
"Woooow calm down!!"
"No I wont Pear, I have had it with you and your not listening to me when all I really want is for you to get lost and to leave me alone!!"
"Please Jade, I will beg you if I have to, I will do anything, I'll change, anything you want me to do but please don't send me away and please don't marry him, I couldn't bear it!!"


"I am sorry Pear, there is nothing you can do or say to change my mind, I am marrying Toby today whether you like it or not, it was never going to work with us, we have nothing in common, we don't fit together I am sure deep down you can see that - if we were meant to be together we would have stayed together but we didn't we broke up so many times I lost count.  Its over Pear - I have moved on you need to do the same."
"Never - I can't move on I love you."


She turned round and threw her arms around me and started crying her head on my shoulder.

"Toby please make him leave"

"Pear you heard her its time you left."
"Ugli but out!!"
"No I have kept quiet, hoping you two could sort this out once and for all, but you are not listening are you - she doesn't want you, she doesn't love you and she wants you to go and leave her alone, it is over as far as you are concerned, don't make a fool of yourself man - its over just face it!!"


"Jade PLEASE!!!"



"So are you ready to do this, or shall we leave it, you are upset."
"No I want to do it and I hope he watches, then he might finally get the message."
"As long as you are sure you're up to it."
"I'm sure!!"


We took our vows, thankfully without any more interruptions from Pear


I kept saying in my head over and over "please dont let me be dreaming"  scared any minute that this was all a dream.  My mind flashed back to the first time I saw her stood on the school steps and Apple said to me "come on Toby you don't stand a chance."  Yet here I am now stood with Jade in my arms - my wife - If I am dreaming I never want to wake up!!



I could see Pear standing now at the back of the chapel by the door 

he looked like a broken man

a small part of me felt sorry for him, 
because I know how I would be feeling if I was the one in his shoes
I could feel his pain


even after everything it was hard to see him suffer
when I was probably the happiest man on this planet right now.




----------------------
----------------------

I swear this was not pre planned or arranged.  I took them off to the wedding chapel to get married and nearly fell off my computer chair when Pear walked into the place with Austin who actually stayed outside.  Pear made a beeline for Jade - and gave me some lovely pictures :)  trouble is I could have cried for him!!

3 comments:

  1. Poor Pear, it's like he's cursed to not get the girl not matter his life. Even if it did give you plenty of drama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - i wished I had stuck with my original plan of doing a 6 degree wishacy because my next degree would have been Pear - BUT - you never know what't in the future (cough cough)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fascinating story so far - I would never have the patience to make all those sims and build the town, well done!

    Pear's face at the end killed me! Poor Pear! But I am really happy for Toby.

    ReplyDelete