Friday 16 September 2011

Chapter 10 - Gen 1 - Toby

Since Apple had sorted things out with his Dad, Austin became a regular visitor, he was here virtually every day, at one point I thought he might have moved in as it was not unusual to see him at the breakfast table.  There was just Pear being difficult, things were no better between Apple and Pear.



Mandarine had his birthday and he turned out to be quite a cutie!!  He definately had no "ugly" in him, he had Austins eyes and hair, Tia's skin colour and according to Austin he looks just like Apple had when he was that age.



Me and Jade were still no where near sorting out our relationship and I know it was me mostly digging my heals in a little but I wanted her to be sure she was going to be 100% committed to us I couldn't stand it if she suddenly threw a wobbly over something and hurt me all over again.


"Apple I wanted to ask you and Tia something important - you know how crowded it is in this house, well what about if you come back home Apple, the three of you can come and live with me."
"Dad that's a nice idea but what about Pear, I won't have him being nasty to Tia or Mandarine!!"
"I did run the idea past him already and he did not say a lot but he did not disagree with the idea, I think you three should come round so we can sit down with Pear and talk it through."
"Tia what do you think?"
"I don't mind but, remember what we have been talking about lately, will that make a difference."
"We want another baby."
"Well that doesn't matter, there is a lot more room at ours than here."


"We will think about it Dad, but I need to make sure that Pear is not going to be an idiot before we decide we will do it, and I have to make sure Tia is comfortable with it!!"
"That's fine, well you can move in any time you are ready!!"


We had only just got up, it was pretty early and Jade was knocking on the front door.

"Toby can we talk?"
She could not take her eyes off Mandarine - or was it Apple in his boxer shorts??!!
"He's cute." she said
"Thanks I know I am" Apple said laughing
"No you idiot, your kid is cute!!"
"I know I was only messing!!"


"What do you want to talk about Jade?"
"Us - we need to sort it out, I want us to get back to where we were"
"I told you only when your 100% sure it's what you want!!"
"I am sure!!"


We talked for a while then she suddenly said

"Do you still have that ring?"
"Yes why?"
"Well you can ask me that question again."


"Are you asking me to propose to you again?"
"Yes."
"Jade I ..."
"You still want to marry me don't you?"
"Yes."
"Then ask me again!!"


"Are you sure about this?"
"Yes"
"Ok Jade, will you marry me?"
"Yes of course I will!"


"Why don't you move in here?"
"What live here with you before we get married."
"Yes."
"OK as long as its ok with your parents."
"They won't mind after all they put up with Apple!!"
"Hey I heard that!!"
"Have you been earwigging all this time."
"Me never!!"


While me and Jade were sorting out our future Apple had tought Mandarine how to talk.


Jade moved in after she finished work.  Even though it was ok with my parents that she moved in they were both a little wary of her - I don't think they liked her much and they definitely did not trust her.  My Mom especially was always watching us with this weird expression on her face, she was making me feel uncomfortable so I dread to think how Jade was feeling.  She said it did not bother her but I bet really it did.


Even my Dad, who was usually pretty friendly with everyone kept Jade at arms length.  At first they really did not make it easy for her and she definitely was not welcomed with open arms like Apple had been.  They never doubted Apple but apparently they doubt Jade.


Jade fell in love with Mandarine like we all had, he was such a cute kid, and being family orientated and having the life time wish of wanting to be surrounded by family - this meant she wanted a lot of children.  It was not long before she started nagging me, but I really was not ready for any babies just yet.


"I want a baby"
"I know you do"
"Well can we?"
"Not yet Apple and Tia are planning on another one."
"So that doesn't stop us from having one!!"
"No but I don't really want any until we are married."
"Spoil sport!!"


Mitch's birthday was coming up, Mandarines was also having his on the same day.  Mitch was becoming a young adult even though mentally he really was far from being one.  There was only one thing he wanted for his birthday and that was a birthday cake and he performed until he knew he was getting one.


He only stopped playing up when he saw his cake and he was only happy when we all there cheering and making a noise - I really worry about what sort of a future he is going to have.



As Mitch had had a birthday cake it was only fair that Mandarine had one too, and even though Mandarine was quite oblivious and probably wouldn't really have cared about having a birthday cake, the adults were fighting over who was going to take him to his cake and help him blow the candles out.  I don't think that Apple was too impressed that Dad got to Mandarine first.


Maybe I was wrong because Mandarine seemed pretty happy that he had had a birthday cake and talked to everyone about it.


When all the excitement  had died down a little Mandarine kept himself amused playing chess on the computer.  Apple and Tia crept out, Apple winked at me as they went out and all he said was "baby making".  Jade was rattling on about wedding plans and I was watching Mandarine fascinated at how good he was at playing chess.


"Toby are you listening?"
"Sorry - what did you say?"
"So when are we going to get married??"


---------------
---------------
Austin actually was stuck in the house for three sim days.  He was not asked to stay over he just stayed, I had this happened once before in my last wishacy and I was beginning to think he might have glitched but he just suddenly took himself off home on the fourth day so panic over!!!  I had to do a bit of juggling around - too many people in the house Apple and Tia wanted another child, jade moving in then she started with wanting a baby luckily Toby was a little slower with the baby want!!  I moved Mitch in with Mattie I did not like the thought of him out there on his own being childish, insane, neurotic and inappropriate i really don't know what would happen to him out there in the world alone (i am such a sap!!)  Apple and Tia and their two kids will be moving back to Austins when the time comes when Toby decides he wants a child.  (sorry buckey) I know merging households is a big no no in legacy rules but with my little town with no empty houses I may have to bend that rule a few times I am leaving empty space for when pets comes out because you can guarantee there will be at least a pet store to add to town :)

2 comments:

  1. How is your town going to make new families from the current generation without any empty homes? I always try to leave empty homes so sims can marry and move in with each other. Toby did get his girl moved in. And I love little Manderine, it does fit well with the Marmalades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the moment every empty house i leave the game hijacks and moves in a none berry none ugly family who i have to evict and have to make a new ugly family to move in. I have been building houses big enough to house families and only put couples or single persons in them - so there is actually room for people interchange house, to move in and room for babies to be born etc. I am adding a house at a time and testing to see if the game hijacks it - hopefully there must be a limit of people that i will reach to leave empty houses in town.

    ReplyDelete