Tuesday 20 September 2011

Chapter 13 - Gen 1 - Toby

I was still surprised when Jade told me she was actually pregnant, even though I knew there was a possibility that she might be.  I decided I wanted a boy but Jade wants a girl.


I wanted to read a pregnancy book and as we didn't have any in the bookcase at home, I went to the book store to buy some and sat outside the book store reading one.


I was engrossed in the book and didn't see Apple stood there until he spoke.
"So what are you reading or are you just trying to look intelligent??
"Oh, hi Apple."


"Its a pregancy book"
"She isn't pregnant!!??
"She is!!"
"Well that didn't take you long!!"


"So how are you feeling about it?"
"I am ok now, I think I was just having a little panic attack"
"Good so I am going to be an Uncle soon then."
"Yes you are - so how are my two little nephews and sister getting on with your brother??"
"Actually he has been brilliant, he loves Nectarine, strangely, it's quite strange how he has just suddenly done a u turn and I am sure Tia thinks I have been fibbing about him all this time!!"
"Lets hope it lasts!!"
"Whiles it's nice, he worries me because he just doesn't seem himself anymore!!"



Apple had to rush off there was an emergency at work he had to attend to.  I spotted Mustard who was eyeing me curiously so I went over to talk to him.

"Hi mustard how are you doing?"
"Not bad and what about you, you ok?"
"Yes great thanks."


"So is it true about you and Jade. are you really married?"
"Yes we are."
"Well I never expected that!! - had any trouble from Pear??"
"A little but not much, and I may as well tell you because no doubt the gossip mill will be at it soon, Jade is pregnant, we are having a baby."
"That's great!!  Mind you, you know some people in this town are not very happy about all the mixing your family is doing!!"
"That would just be the "berry's" I suppose."
"No "uglies" too and to make matters worse, did you know about Granites new girlfriend?"
"No what?"
"She's an "ugly", its no wander he did mind about Jade marrying you!!!!"


Jade decided to make the most of her maternity leave by trying to improve her cooking, but she was not having a very good time of it!!


She still burnt most of whatever she was cooking.



And if she did manage to cook something without burning it it still tasted awful and was horrible quality.



I am really not sure Jade should be doing that, the baby is due any time now and she is working out like a mad woman!!!


"Jade, what on earth are you playing at??
"I'm working out."
"Get off there, your gonna hurt yourself or the baby!!"
"Don't be stupid."
"No, please stop it now Jade, it is worry me!!"


"I am fine and your just a fuss pot!!"
"No your not fine - just look at the state of you!!"


I had had  a promotion at work, and am now the Band Manager.  I had just got in from work when I heard Dad shouting down in the basement, so I ran down to see what was going on.


The baby was coming and I just had to freak out with Dad.



We only just made it to the hospital when Blake arrived.  We had the little boy that I wanted, Jade was a little disappointed that it was not a girl.


Mom and Dad did a good job of hogging the baby all the time, we could hardly get near him - this really didn't please Jade at all!!  It did not help that the relationship between my parents and Jade had not really improved that much from when she had moved in. 


"You need to have a word with your parents I am sick of not being able to get near Blake, they are fussing over him all the time."
"They are just trying to help - they were like it with Mandarine and Nectarine, and in fact if I remember rightly - nobody could get near Nectarine because you was the one hogging him all the time!!! "
"Yes I know, but still Toby every time he cries one of them is there I have to fight with them just to hold my own son!!"
"Ok - ok - I'll have a word with them but really they are not doing any harm!!!"


 I was pretty surprised when Jade started again almost immediately.

"I think Blake needs a brother or sister to play with"
"You want another baby?"
"Yes I do, I think they should be close in age and I hated being an only child having no brothers or sisters to play with."
"Isn't it just a little too soon!!"
"No not really!!"


I didn't mind trying for another baby so soon, in fact I wanted one, but I was just a little worried that maybe Jade was rushing things a little, she wasn't giving herself time to rest properly.



So on the day of Blake's birthday Jade told me she was pregnant again.This time I hoped it was a girl.


Blakes birthday came and he turned out to look just like me - the poor kid was an "ugly" like me.  His ears were a little smaller than mine and he had Jades hair and eye colouring.  Jade did not seem to care in the slightest that she had an "ugly" child, which was a huge relief to me after all the worrying I had done.


Blake had a funny looking doll sent to him from a distant relative that nobody seemed to know.  It was a strange doll but he loved it, he was hard to separate from it.



Blake was born with  automatic Virtuoso and Athletic traits and if he wasn't playing with his doll he was playing on the xylophone, and he actually learnt to play that before we taught him how to work or talk.



------------------
------------------

Quite a boring chapter - not a lot was going on :( All either of them want to do at the moment is have babies - nice for the next generation but boring when they only roll woohoo and baby wishes and nothing else!!!

2 comments:

  1. At least you are guaranteed a next gen since they do keep wanting babies even if it doesn't include a lot of drams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you think Blake is cute - ugly but cute!!! I am glad he turned out ugly - just what I need for the next generation an ugly hier :)

    ReplyDelete