Friday 23 September 2011

Chapter 15 - Gen 1 - Toby

With Jade throwing up every few hours we knew already baby number three was on its way.  We had our fingers crossed that this time it was going to be a girl.


Mint had his birthday and he quite surprised all of us.  He reminded me so much of Mattie but in green.


In fact he was just like Mattie, he did not really have any of the ugly features just maybe a little round the mouth.


Dad recons he has all Keaton genes - all but his skin colour which obviously comes from Jade


The pregnancy was confirmed, I already had guessed that she was going to tell me she was pregnant.  I really really hope this one is a girl!!


It was nice to watch the boys playing nicely together.  I think they might be quite close when they grow up, as sthey started to do things as a pair, one never really being very far away from the other one.


My parents both had their birthdays and they are now both elderly.  It seems strange seeing them in old age.


I just hope me and Jade are still like that - happy together at their age!!


Blake could now walk and talk and use the potty.  I got the job of teaching Mint to walk and talk because Jade was struggling with how big her baby bump was getting - it was a lot bigger than it had been with her other pregnancies.


Jade went into labour during the middle of the night and we never got to the hospital because it happened so quickly, before we knew the baby had appreared.


Half an hour later we stood their speechless, both of us holding a baby each - it had never even crossed our minds that there might be more than one baby in that huge baby bump of hers.  We not only got the girl we both wanted - we got two of them.  We called the twins Poppy and Petal.  Both of the babies had my skin colour.


All of a sudden we were living in a mad house with two toddlers and two babies all screaming the house down at the same time.  My parents had to help it was all hands available because it was hard to cope with all at once.  By the time we got all four settle down me and Dad fell exhausted into the same bed - too tired to care about who we were sleeping with!!


 Life was made a little easier after Blake had his birthday.  It was like one cried and they all cried.  My life just became a haze of work and nappy changes and feeds.


Blake gained the Neat trait when he had his birthday.  He started putting us all to shame doing more housework than the rest of us -- and he was enjoying it!!


"Don't even think about another baby because it is not happening!!"
"I wasn't going to - not yet anyway"
"Not for a long time!!


A little early to dreaming about marriage dont you think!!!



The twins had their birthday.  First Poppy. who had my hair and eye colouring and a perfect face.  It looked like Poppy was going to grow up to look like Jade.



Petal on the other hand had Jades hair colouring and you could see me in her even though she didn't really have any "ugly" features other than her nose.


We could soon see that the twins were going to be totally different.  While Petal was always bubbly friendly and smiling and learnt everything a lot quicker than Poppy.


Poppy was little miss attitude, standoffish and grumpy - I think this one is going to be a handful when she grows up!!


The day after Mint had his birthday - tragedy struck.



 My mother passed away from old age.


 My Mothers death hit me hard, I had not been thinking about my parents ages, I thought they had many years left in them - but I was wrong.



It suddenly hit me - my parents are the same age - I hope that doesn't mean my Dad will be leaving soon too!!!



-------------
-------------

4 comments:

  1. Kind of looks like you'll have to go with one of the boys for an ugly heir, unless Petal turns ugly with age. Poor Toby going to lose both his parents soon, but at least they got to see the grandkids. I'm a fast reader and I had just posted my own update in the thread when I saw yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. snap I just read and commented on yours. I think there really is only one candidate for being the heir and thats Blake :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only one ugly kid, boo :(

    Also wanted to let you know that the link to Chapter 16 doesn't seem to be working on here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for letting me know - its fixed.

      Delete