Wednesday 7 September 2011

Chapter 2 - Gen 1 - Toby

"So Toby, what do you think of the new house?" Dad asked
"Its ok I suppose."
"Only ok? - there is no pleasing some people, can you hear this Summer!!"


"Its a house, and no doubt things won't be any better here than it was in the last place."
"Oh trust me - now I am the odd one out - you will be fine in this town I promise you, nobody will be calling you names or tormenting any of you here!!"
"Dad I doubt that, are they all blind in this town because the only way it will be fine is if they can not see us!"
Mom and Dad both laughed, I am glad they find it so funny!!!
Just then the doorbell rang.
"Here we go - nosey neighbours, I didn't think it would be long."
"I'll get it, one look at me and they will do a runner."



I was pretty shocked when I got to the door and saw the three people standing there - and I thought I was ugly!!!  I was speechless for a while and just stood there staring at them.  Very colourful and very ugly, was I seeing things!!??  There just stood there smiling, no strange looks or nasty comments, they actually looked like they were pleased to see me and that there was nothing wrong with the way I looked


I pulled myself together and went out, I could not stop staring at his ugly green face. I quickly found out that the three visiting neighbours were Maize Pickle, Emerald Brown and Amber Leaf.

"So young man and what might your name be?" Maize asked
"Toby."
"Summer is you Mom I take it."
"Yes she is."
"I can tell, you look just like her, don't know about the skin though, so where is Summer, she owes me a big hug."

I was a little confused but Maize quickly explained to me that they all knew my Mom, the three visitors had been good school friends, Amber had been Moms best friend, Maize was an old boyfriend of Moms, and they were really happy when they heard that she was back in town.


I showed them in and we were all busy nattering, me to Amber, Mom was talking to Maize while Tia was talking to Emerald.  Tia kept giving me this amazed look like she couldn't believe what she was seeing either.  When my Dad walked into the room, the three visitors clammed up and stared, the room went suddenly silent.


Dad didn't seem to noticed the uncomfortable silence he just breezed into the room and introduced himself to Maize who looked shocked and confused.

"Hi, I am Marty, Summers husband."  he held out his hand but Maize didn't take it.
The silence continued for a little while longer than Maize spoke
"Summer, he's ...... eeerrrr .... human."
"I thought we were all human mate."  Dad said, I thought he might be a little angry but he was actually amused by what Maize had just said.
"Well what did you expect my husband to be Maize, we are a unique lot in this town, there really are not any like us out there you know, and I think the word you are looking for is "normal" not human."
"Yeah I know, I am sorry Marty you just took me by surprised and shocked me that's all, "normal" and "ugly don't mix in this town, there are a few "normal" well, "berry" families in Jugville now and they kind of stick to their own while we stick to our own and your skin colour it is very ... unusual - I think maybe you might get a little stick from both sides because yours is the first mixed family in this town!!"
"Don't worry pal, I know exactly what I might be in for - I have had to watch our children get stick for years for being different - We knew when we moved here that I would be the odd one out but I am big enough and ugly enough to take it!!"


The awkward silence continued until my little brother Mattie came in and made everyone laugh.
"WOW - Mom - Dad - look more Ugly alien people, are they real??" 
It was not so much what he had said but the way he had said it and I thought I was the dramatic one!!  When everyone stopped laughing the nattering started again.


Oh yeah and I forgot to mension my Mom is pregnant again, we have another brother or sister on the way.  And as if our visitors weren't already watching my Dad warily he goes and makes a fool of himself by talking to Mom's baby bump, this seemed to amuse Maize.


"So Summer, you have another baby on the way?" Maize said kind of stating the obvious
"Yes, not long now, we hope its a girl, it would be nice to have two of each."


While Mom fed the visitors they all sat in the kitchen catching up as old friends do I got out my guitar and started to play it.

"Your getting pretty good at that aren't you, only I noticed you play your guitar a lot and I don't see you doing anything athletic any more"  my Dad said
"Yeah, I know you hoped I would be like you and have a sports career, but I much prefer music to sport."
"So have you decided yet what you might do after you graduate?"


Actually I had, I wanted a career in music and maybe one day I hoped to become a rock star, I had the same life time wish as my Mom.  I now had an audience and I loved it, it is the only time I never felt conscious of myself, and I knew it was what I should do.    I have a Virtuoso Mom and an Athletic Dad and inherited both of their traits, so it had always been a tug of war between both of my parents as to which of them I would follow and you can safely say Mom won this one.


I actually enjoyed my first day in the new school, none of the other kids even batted an eyelid at me when I walked into the classroom.  Nobody cared what I looked like, there were no sniggers or nasty comments, because most of my class mates looked just like me.  The thing that struck me most was the rainbow of colours of the hair and skin, I was actually the only one with "normal" skin tone.  There was one empty seat in the classroom so I sat down next to a "normal" looking boy, he was definitely not "ugly" he was a "berry" and he just smiled at me as I sat down - he did not seem to care how I looked.  By the time the day was over I had found I had made quite a few new friends.

"Hey Toby wait up."
I stopped and waited for Apple Marmalade to catch up with me
"You wanna come home with me?"
"Yeah ok, I'll just tell my sister."
"Which one is your sister?"
"That one" I pointed towards Tia
"HEY TIA - I am going home with Apple can you tell Mom"


A lot of things still confused me about this town and Apple generally put me straight on things, we quickly became good friends.

"The driver she has a "normal" face and skin"
"Yeah she is what we call  an "out of townie", she doesn't come from this town she just works here, you will spot quite a few around town, have you managed to have a look around yet?"
"No not really."
"So I heard you have an "out of townie" Dad."
"Yeah, I have an "Ugly" Mom and a "normal" Dad, hense my skin."
"Wow - it is not normal for "Ugly" and "normal" to mix."
"So I heard."


"Don't take this the wrong way - you are classed as an "Ugly" right?"
"Yes I suppose so and you are a "berry" right!?"
"Yes, So I don't get it - it is not usual for us to get new "ugly" kids in school because they are always born here, we only ever have new "berry" kids - so where have you been?"
"Sunset Valley, I was born there my Mom left this town after her parents died and ended up in Sunset, thats where she met my Dad and where Dad is from."
"So there are "Uglies" in Sunset Valley?"
"Oh No!!!!  My Mom was a one off there.  I used to get teased and picked on because of the way I looked, and Tia she got it worse than I did but my little brother Mattie, he actually looks like a "berry" kid so they left him alone"


Apple explained that he lived here with his Dad and his brother Pear, his Mom died when he was young and his Dad had moved them here not long after her death, he was transferred here through work.  Apple was not bothered about living here but his brother Pear hated it.  There were not any "normal" families or people living in Jugville, Apple reckoned that my Dad was probably the only one.  "Berry's" and "Uglies" don't mix and neither do "normal" and "uglies"  Everyone mixed as friends but not in marital relationships.

"So are there many "berry" families here?"
"Not really, there is us, the Marmalades, Pineapple and Apple Parfait live over the road and have six children, there is the Heirloom twins, two sisters who live on terrace place, you know the small row of houses your end of town.  Eeerrr, there is Mr Limes, don't really know him he is a bit of a loner, Sugar Bramley, she is quite nice and my Dad has the hots for her I think, Eeerr oh the Greens Granite and his daughter Jade, you will see her at school really pretty, Pear is always chasing after her, mind you so is the whole school, she is pretty hot.  Last but not least, Liam the Nerd, he lives in a small house up by the beach, we tend to pick on him a little, he is a proper geek, so irritating,  he is always being pranked and getting his house egged quite regularly.  That's it really everyone else is an "ugly".
"Not a lot of girlfriend material for you there then!"
"No, unfortunately not!"  He looked around to make sure no one was listening "Actually there are a few "ugly" girls at school I like, but if my Dad or Pear ever found out they would probably never speak to me again."
"I am sure they would get over it."
"My Dad probably yeah, but Pear - you haven't met Pear yet have you - oh talk of the devil - just keep your head down and ignore what he says!!"


"Apple you've done it again - why keep bringing your ugly trolls home with you."
"Shut up Pear, I will bring home who I like."
"So where has this one come from, haven't seen him before and what's with that skin colour?"
"His name is Toby and he is new in town, just go away Pear"
"Ohhhh is this Tia's brother?"
"Yeah"
"How do you know Tia?"
"Jade has started hanging out with the new half troll, Jade binned me for her tonight -  man that sucks!!"
"My sister is not a half troll!!"
"If your attitude didn't stink so much you probably could have hung out with them - Pear just get lost will you!!"
"Don't worry I am going - don't want to catch anything off the fat ugly troll!!"


"Just ignore him Toby."
"Don't worry I have had this all my life I am quite used to it."
"Pear is a one off - nobody else in this town hates "uglies" as much as he does, I really don't know what his problem is!!!"
"Maybe he has a mad crush on an "ugly" girl and doesn't want to admit it."
"No trust me he is well into Jade!!"
"Jade - Jade - she is all everyone talks about - what is the fascination?"
"Obviously you havent seen her yet!!"
"No I haven't."
"You'll see when you do finally bump into her!!"


When I got home I found out that my Mom had had the baby and I now had another brother, Mitch.  It was a shame they did not get the girl they both wanted it would have been nice to have had another sister.


Something kept playing on my mind, the word fat - Pear had called me a fat ugly troll, being called fat bothered me more than being called an ugly troll, that I was used to.   It drove me to want to work out a little, I suppose I am carrying a few extra pounds that I could lose.


 My little brother Mattie was such a pain, he was always asking me to read him bedtime stories.  I really don't get it, he is a bookworm and always has his head stuck in a book during the daytime, so why does he always insist on having someone read to him till he falls asleep?!

"Mattie ask Mom or Dad I am busy."
"They are busy."
"Doing what?"
"Mom's asleep and Dad is feeding Mitch."
"Tia?"
"Shes sleeping over at Jades."
"Awwww your a pain - come on then."


On my way out of school I stopped dead in my tracks.  I spotted this girl standing on the school steps and she kind of took my breath away.  I had never seen anyone so beautiful.

"Apple - WHO is THAT?"
"That's Jade."
"OH!"


I just stood there in a daze staring at her my knees went weak when she smiled at me.  Apple was nattering away and I was not taking a blind bit of notice of what he was saying, I couldn't concentrate on anything but Jades eyes.
"She is going home with your sister."
"Yeah."
"Toby are you ok?"
"Yeah"
"Come on Toby we will miss our bus"
"Yeah"
"Toby?"
"Yeah"
"Oh god, not you too!!"
"Yeah"


"Snap out of it Toby - you don't stand a cat in hells chance with Jade."
"I know"
"Well stop drooling and come on!!"
"Apple maybe we should go to mine tonight."
"Oh no you don't, forget it Toby, we have a project to work on remember and we aren't getting it done with you mooning over Jade!!"

He grabbed me by the arm and pulled me away from Tia and Jades bus and pulled me towards the one we should be catching.


"Toby you know if you don't want to pee Pear off anymore, you should stay well clear of Jade."
"Pear dislikes me anyway so anything I do is not likely to make any difference to how he already feels about me is it?"
"Probably not but where Jade is concerned it is just going to make matters a lot worse!!"
"And why is that then?"


"Well Pear and Jade sort of have this constant on / off relationships - they are together then they break up then get back together again - nobody can keep up with them - Pear loves her and batters anyone that goes near her - you will cop it from him if he even find out you like her!!"

---------------
--------------

I actually started the Ugli families life in the new town twice, I had built them a house that I found very awkward to play and didn't like, so I moved them out redesigned them a new house  using a house from my last wishacy.  As I moved them into the library as a household and moved them back into town it had cleared all their friends list.  On both occasions Toby struck up three particular relationships pretty quickly - his best friend Apple Marmalade - the girl he falls for and his mutual dislike of Pear, Apples brother. (Which kind of peed me off a little because as much as I love Apple I was hoping for a chance to play with Pear a little - but we will just have to see what happens.)

Apple and Pear Marmalade are Sraina's sims from her wishacy Sweetest of Dreams

7 comments:

  1. I love the start of this. I love seeing Apple and Pear. Athough, I'm sad that Pear is mean since he was never mean before even when his brother took his girl.:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know I was pretty sad because I would love to get the chance to play with pear more, but I really don't know why there was an instant disliking between pear and toby :( I was shocked when Apple made an appearance straight away first day of school toby going home with him and this happened both times, i think it was fate - i never altered their traits i just threw them in as the came.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so far. The plot is amazing! I can't wait to read more. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start! So cool to see Apple and Pear in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so, i may be a little behind, but i'm loving this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its never too late Tashie - thank you for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just started reading this since you mentioned it on my Prettacy and it's great so far. I don't usually read the 'berry' sim stories so all the colors are crazy to me, lol. Time for bed but tomorrow I'll certainly read more :3

    ReplyDelete