Friday 30 September 2011

Chapter 2 - Gen 2 - Blake

After prom, Lemon spent a lot of time at our house, most days she came home with me after school and weekends she stayed over.  This afternoon we went on a date, we went to the theatre to watch a Movie, then Dad was doing a concert straight after the movie so we went and saw that too.  Lemon was especially really excited over the concert because not only did we get in for free, we sat in the best seats, she said she felt like royalty and it was the best date she was ever going to have or had had, not that she had dated anyone but me!!!  I suppose having a famous Rock star Dad does come in handy sometimes!!


"Lemon, why have I never seen your Dad?"
"He lives in another town, did you know he is a "berry""
"No I didn't!!"
"Yeah, I hate him, I never see him myself, I think he is ashamed of me because I am "Ugly".  He worked here in town for a while and had an affair with my mom, he ran off when Mom told him she was pregnant, apparently he did come to see me once but has not been back since."
"A bit of a "berryhole" like my Mom then!!"
"He definitely is but I wouldn't say your Mom was"
"Oh she is - trust me!!"


"Did you know my Mom and your Dad know each other"
"No I didn't and he has never said."
"He probably doesn't realise who my Mom is because her surname is different to mine, I don't know what possessed her to give me my Dad's surname!!"
"So they never got married then?"
"No, she told me something the other day that really made me laugh!!"
"What was that?"
"She said she used to have a crush on your Dad when they were at school, but nobody stood a chance with your Mom being around!!"
"Your Mom and my Dad - that would be so funny!!!"


"Well they are both single and lonely!!"
"What?!"
"Maybe we should try and get them together!!"
"Your joking!!"
"No I wasn't actually - my Mom likes your Dad sooooo ...."

We spent quite a while giggling about my Dad and her Mom, then decided it would make us step brother and sister and that was just too creepy!!!


Since Mom had left Poppy had taken to sleeping in Dads bed.  Even though he told her not to, he would put her in her own bed then in the middle of the night she would sneak into Dads bed.  After a while he just gave up but now as her birthday was approaching it worried him and he hoped she would start sleeping in her own bed.


The twins had their birthday and it was amazing at how different they were.

Poppy was pretty like Mom, no sign of "ugly"


Petal was all "ugly"


"Now you know what I am going to say to you don't you Poppy"
"No what?!"
"Your bed."
"Not that again!!"
"Yes that again because you are too old to be sleeping with me now Poppy, I am going to start getting very cross with you if you don't listen to me - from now on you sleep in your own bed all night, no jumping in with me like you normally do!!!"
"But I hate sleeping on my own!!"
"Then sleep with Petal - there is a double bed empty you could both use, but maybe you should start trying to act like a grown up and start sleeping on your own like everyone else has to!!"



-----------------------------------------------

by Toby

The kids were all at school and I had just finished making spaghetti for when they returned home, when the doorbell rang.  When I got to the door I could see a familiar figure on the doorstep that I not seen since school, in fact I had forgotten I even knew her till I saw her standing there.

"Rhubarb Crumble - well I never!!!!"
"Hello Toby."
"Well I am really surprised to see you, where have you been hiding yourself, I don't think I have seen you since school!!"
"Oh I have been around - you maybe just have not noticed me - I still live over on Terrace Place."
"Really, so how are you!!!"
"Great, Toby I hope you don't mind me dropping in like this, I know you must be busy seeing as you are now a famous Rock star and that."
"Of course not, your welcome any time!!
"There is a reason for my visit, I wanted to talk to you about Lemon and Blake."
"What about them?"  This confused me a little
"Well their birthday is coming up soon and as Lemon is having a party ..."
"Hang on - are you related to Lemon?"
"Yes, Lemon is my daughter, I thought you knew."
"No!!!  Well I never!!!!  Blake never said -  mind you I can see it now, I should have noticed her hair and skin colouring shouldn't I!!"
She just stood there smiling at me.


"You hungry?"
"A little"
"Come eat, I just made spaghetti, and you can tell me about Lemons party."
"It's a surprise party she is having and I just wandered as it will be Blake's birthday too that maybe they should have a joint party, it makes me feel awkward that we will be celebrating Lemons birthday and ignoring the fact that it is Blakes too."
"That's a great idea a joint surprise party!!!"
"I thought maybe having the party at The Grind."
"I'll tell you what, save your money, they can have it here - there is plenty of space.."
"Are you sure - I don't want to impose on you!!"
"Don't be silly, your not imposing, Lemon practically lives here anyway she is here so much."
"She isn't being a pain is she - because you know you can tell her to leave if you don't want her around so much!!"
"Now your being silly - I don't mind her being here, she's a lovely girl and between you and me I have a bet on with my brother Mattie, that Blake and Lemon will be married before this year is out, they are practically joined at the hip!!"
"It hasn't changed you has it!!"
"What hasn't changed me?"
"You being a famous Rock star, people generally change don't they fame and fortune goes to their heads, but you are just the same as you were at school, and I heard about you and Jade, I'm sorry it didn't work out!!"
"I made a fool of myself there!!"
"You and me both - you know Lemons Dad is a "berry" he ran off before she was born, he has only seen her once."


We chatted on for a while, and sorted out the arrangements for Lemon and Blake's surprise party and I was just seeing her out as the kids came back from school, she had hoped she would have been gone before they got back so we wouldn't have to explain to Blake why she was here, but too late he had seen her.


-----------------------------------------------

I was a little shocked when I got back from school to find Lemons Mom at our house talking to my Dad.  I can not be 100% sure but I swear they changed the conversation they were having when I walked in.

"Well it was nice to see you again Rhubarb - don''t leave it so long next time!!"
"I won't Toby and Thanks!!"
"Your welcome, now if you don't mind can I leave Blake to see you out, I have to run I have a concert in an hour and I need to get a wriggle on."
"Sorry I didn't meant to keep you."
"You didn't, see you soon Rhubarb."
"Bye Toby."


"So Toby, Lemon not with you?"
"No she went home, she has a huge history assignment to finish,  I am not in her history class so I am not seeing her tonight so she can get it finished."
"Good, well I'd better get back then and crack the whip hadn't I"  She laughed.

Even though I wanted to ask her why she was round here I couldn't think of a way of asking without it sounding rude.  I kept thinking about what me and Lemon had been giggling about her Mom and my Dad together -  perish the thought!!!


"That was strange!"
"What was?"
"Lemons Mom, why would she be round here talking to Dad?"
"I don't know ask him!!"
"Don't you find it strange though?"
"No, not really, not unless you and Lemon have done something you shouldn't have!!"
"We haven't!!"
"Then maybe they were just catching up - you did say they knew each other from school didn't you!?"
"Yes."
"Well then that will be it!!"


I was just getting out of bed when my phone started ringing.
"Lemon I will see you in like an hour at school."
"Yeah I know but I had to tell you something, I am really cross with my Mom!!"
"Why?"
"Well you know how we arranged to go out to celebrate out birthday - Mom has stamped all over it - I can't see you tonight Toby."
"Why not - its our birthday!!"
"Mom has arranged something a family night out - she said I can see you afterwards  - but it might be a bit late."
"You know she was round here yesterday talking to my Dad - do you know why?"
"No and she didn't say she had been round to yours  - Blake you don't think they are trying to split us up do you?"
"Don't be silly - look I will see  you at school - don't get upset, we'll sort it out!!"

When I got downstairs Dad shouted "Blake don't make any plans for later, we are going out, just the 5 of us.
"What about Lemon."
"You can see her afterwards, I am sure she can survive without seeing you for a few hours!!"
Strange my Dad should make plans that don't include Lemon when he knew I would wanted her there, especially as it is her birthday too!!  Dad had done exactly the same as what Lemons Mom had done - what about if she is right - what about if they are trying to split us up!!!


I was fed up - its my birthday and I am stuck in waiting to go out with my "family" and all I really wanted to do was go out with Lemon like we had arranged and our plans changed by our parents.

"While I get changed Blake can you just clean that side off for me please."
Great now he has got me cleaning - it's my birthday - man this sucks!!!!
The doorbell rings  "Blake can you get the door please."
"Can't someone else do it I am busy!!"
"No get the door please Blake!!"


I trudged to the door moaning in my head "do this - do that - anything else before you ruin my night completely

I opened the door and I froze.  All I could see was a sea of faces smiling at me.  Some of the faces I was surprised to see and not happy to see either.

"Surprise!!!!"  Mandarine shouted
I was confused.
"Come on then let us in - you can't have a party without guests can you cuz!!"
"Party!!"

I was too busy staring at my Mother who just stood there smiling at me and Pear was stood there with her.  I could also see my Aunty Tia and Uncle Apple, Mandarine and Nectarine, Uncle Mattie, Grandad Green,  and that's when I noticed Lemon and her Mom and a few people I didn't know.  Lemon was looking as confused as I was.  I could hear Mint and the twins laughing behind me, a surprise party which they must have been in on too.  I think I was more shocked about my Mother and Pear standing there than anything else - I had not seen or spoken to her since Dad kicked her out.  I didn't say anything I just told them all to come in and went into the living room, then I heard Dad.

"What the hell are you doing here Jade and why did you bring him with you?!"
"Nice of you to forget to invite the boys own Mother to this surprise party you organise Toby."
"So who told you?"
"Tia told me she just automatically thought I would have been invited, don't blame her, it was my idea to come - he is my son too after all!!"
"You just have to go and spoil everything don't you Jade!!"
"Me!! Me spoil everything!!! .....

Off they went arguing in front of everyone!!!


After listening to them scream and shout at each other I walked out into the back garden to get away from it all.  The last thing I heard was Uncle Apple shouting  "YOU TWO pack it in NOW before I bang your heads together - get in the kitchen NOW both of you - not you Pear - you keep out of it I want to talk to these two alone"

Thanks Mom!!!
Thanks Dad!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLAKE!!!!

When I got out back I noticed the table had two cakes on it  this made me laugh - now I knew what was going on - two cakes two birthdays one was for Lemon and one was for me.

"Did you know what they were planning your Mom and My Dad?"
"No, but it does not look like your Mom was in their plans!!"
"Lemon, I am sorry, the party it has been completely ruined!!!"
"Why are you apologising its not your fault!!"
"Yes well they are my parents!!"


Mom, Dad, Apple and Tia were hauled up in the kitchen and things were getting pretty loud at times.  Then Nectarine and Mint decided to start fighting - I knew that their argument from prom was not over, but they might have waited, like Mom and Dad were not causing enough commotion without them two at it too.  Mandarine had to part Mint and Nectarine and Mandarine ended up taking Nectarine off home before they started again.  "Happy Families"!!


Everyone had gone, including Lemon and her Mom, I thought it best as Mom and Dad had carried on long after all of the guests had gone.  Pear still hung around waiting for Mom and Apple was still here trying to calm them down.  I really don't understand why they were still fighting there relationship has been over for a long time so what is their problem!!??

I went out to clear up the birthday cake and I nearly jumped out of my skin when my Granddads ghost suddenly appeared in front of me.


Talking to my Granddads ghost seems a pretty strange thing to be doing.  I ended up talking to him for ages, we even talked about the disastrous party that just was.  I remembered my Granddad and could just have imagined the party bust up would never have happened if my Granddad had been around I am sure!!!!


Dad came out and Grandad's ghost turned to face him.
"You can go now Blake, I need a word with my son!!"


Why do I get the feeling my Dad is about to be read the riot act by a ghost!!!


-------------------
------------------

GGGGRRRRRRR I am really beginning to hate Jade - the party was organised and Jade and Pear were not on the guest list - They crashed the party!!!!  She made a beeline for Toby and they started arguing and even had a punch up - needless to say the party was a disaster!!!

3 comments:

  1. Ah no! I hate it when people crash the parties!

    The genetics in this are really interesting - how Poppy and Mint are all 'Berry' and Blake and Petal are 'Ugly'. Can't wait to see this gen's babies, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, party crashers can be annoying but at least he had his siblings and grandpa there for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Poor Blake and Lemon's party :(
    Jade. Grrrr.
    At least Marty showed up to help cheer Blake up later.

    ReplyDelete