Wednesday 5 October 2011

Chapter 3 - Gen 2 - Blake

Trying to decide what job to do is pretty stressful, because I really don't have a clue what I want to do.  My lifetime wish is for physical perfection which is mastering the Athletic skill and the Martial Arts skill, but I really am not feeling a sports career even though I am Athletic.  I am also struggling to work out HOW I managed when I aged up to gain the Genius trait automatically - when I feel far from being a genius.  I only just scraped an A grade before I left school, I never made it onto the honour roll and I doubt when I graduate later it will be nothing special.


I suddenly find I am drawn to the computer and I am playing chess.  Chess and Logic is  something I have never really bothered with before now.


I graduated with honours - I swear they must have got me mixed up with somebody else, because I really never expected that.  I was also deemed the most likely to become a Superstar Athlete - this I doubt because like I have said before I really am not feeling a sports career is for me.


We had not been back from the town hall very long when the doorbell rang.  I was not happy when I realised my Mother was at the door.  Here we go again!!!!  I left one of the twins to open the door, I really did not want to speak to her after she turned mine and Lemon's birthday party upside down!!!!  Thankfully though she did come without Pear this time.


"Dad, what is she doing here?"
"She has probably just come to wind me up again!!"
"No fighting today please!!"
"I'll try not to."


"Mom, you and Dad are not going to start fighting again are you?"
"No, I came to see Blake, to apologise."
"He is really mad with you!!"
"I can imagine, I was upset about not being invited to Blakes birthday party and I suppose it was stupid to let Pear come with me, I don't suppose your Dad would have reacted so badly if I had been alone."


"What are you playing at Jade?"
"I am not playing at anything my son graduated today, I wanted to see him, and to apologise for his birthday and I think its time we sorted ourselves out."
"There is nothing to sort out."
"There is we need to stop this arguing and Toby I am sorry I let Pear come with me the other night I know it was stupid, but you know what he's like ........"
"Are you trying to wind me up Jade, I really don't want to even hear his name!!"
"Sorry - Petal can you go and fetch Blake for me tell him I need a word."


Petal told me Mom wanted to talk to me - I thought twice about going but thought the quicker I got it out the way the quicker she would go.  I stopped when I walk out into the back garden because I could see for once that Mom and Dad were actually talking and not arguing.


I waited for quite a while before I actually went up to the table where they were sat.  I let them do their talking - I just hope this is going to be an end to the fighting and arguing - wishfull thinking I know, but when I got close enough to hear what they were saying I did not like what I was hearing.

"I am sorry Jade, I can not risk it, I can not trust you not to make a fool of me all over again!"
"I told you it was a one off - you forced me into a life I hate, I am so unhappy right now."
"Well its your own fault Jade - you went and did what I was always scared you would do."
"Please Toby we were happy weren't we till I messed up."
"Yeah and you did mess it up didn't you Jade!!"


"PLEASE tell me you two are not talking about getting back together!!??"
"Your Mom might be but I am not!!"
"I really don't get you two!!!"



Mom apologised for wrecking my birthday - not that it helped much because its not like her apologies are going to fix anything she has wrecked.  I stayed and talked to her for a while but was saved by Poppy calling me to tell me Lemon was here.

"Lemon - she's your girlfriend isn't she?"
"Yes."
"So aren't you going to introduce me to her?"
"No Mom, you had your chance the other night, but you wrecked our birthday party, I doubt she would want to meet you at the moment - anyway you can but out of the rest of my life just in case you wreck that too!!"


"Why is he so angry Toby?"
"Why do you think - you wrecked his world when you left it was not just me who had to suffer for what you did, all four of them have been affected in one way or another!!"
"That is not just my fault you wouldn't even try to work through the mistake I made, and I have tried with Blake but he won't even answer my calls."


"You are staying over aren't you - I didn't expect you tonight its late"
"Yeah, but I am exhausted its been a long day all I need is sleep right now."
"That's fine, I am tired myself."


"Penny for them?
"Ha?"
"Your thoughts, you look like you are miles away."
"I really can not decide on what job I want to do!!"
"I know what I want to do - I am going to apply for a job at the stadium, I want to become a Superstar Athlete, maybe you should too you are Athletic too aren't you."
"No, I really don't want an Athletic career."


I wasn't really expecting what came next, even though I had thought about it a lot lately I was nervous, I didn't know how to bring up the subject with Lemon or even how to start it.  Up to now we had only gone as far as making out and it was quite frightening thinking about taking the next step, I didn't know if it was what Lemon wanted and I didn't know how to ask.  Before I realised it, it was happening, just a normal progression of what we had done before, it just happened naturally and I need not have worried about a thing!!


We decided to spend some time in the hot-tub.   Since our birthday I had wanted to propose to Lemon, I just did not know what would be the right time.  I am not really sure why I chose now.

"Lemon, wait don't get in just yet"
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing, I wanted to ask you something first - Will  you Marry Me?"


Straight away we started making plans for our wedding - what we wanted and what we didn't want.  Dad got into the hot tub with us and he was pretty shocked when I told him we had got engaged.


"I don't want anyone to tell Mom about this!!"
"She's your Mom Blake you have to tell her!!"
"Lemon I don't, you don't know what she is like, she will just ruin our wedding!!"
"Blake I am not sure she will."
"Dad don't you stand up for her - trust me she will not be at my wedding end of!!"


"She isn't going to be happy about this!!"
"I don't care Dad - I am not having it, in fact I think as Lemon only has her Mom family wise that it should just be you, Mint and the twins."
"What about the rest of the family, Tia, Mattie ......"
"No Dad, the first thing Tia will do is tell Mom, Apple will tell Pear - Mint and Nectarine will be fighting, forget it, its just us, nobody else needs to know!!"
"Well it is your wedding, you do what you want but, don't come crying to me when the rest of the family get mad at you, especially your Mother!!"


Lemon stayed over again but had strict instructions from her Mom that she had to go home the next morning to get ready for our wedding that was happening in two days.  There was no need for a long engagement and the quicker the better for me - the quicker - the less time my Mom would have to find out that I was getting married on Saturday.


There is a new "berry" family in town, first day of the children being at school my Sister Poppy got her claws into one of them, she brought Crimson home with her,it did not take her long, Crimson had only been in town a few days when he became Poppy's boyfriend.  He was a nice boy, but Dad was worried about him being a "berry" and even though Poppy had no evidence of "ugly" in her, she still had them in her gene's which worried him.


When I went outside to see what Dad was up to I couldn't believe what I was seeing.  The arch, the chairs, the wedding cake on the table.


"Dad what have you done all this for - we said we didn't want any fuss!!"
"Don't blame me, its Ruby, she is performing!!"
"Ruby?"
"Rhubarb, you know Lemons Mom,  I have had strict instructions - its her only child, she wants to make a fuss!!"
"Ruby?"
"That's what we used to call her at school, Rhubarb is a bit of a mouthful!!"
"Do you like Ruby?"
"She's ok why?"
"Did you know she used to have a crush on you when you were at school!!"
"Don't be silly!!"
"She did, ask Lemon, she'll tell you!!"


It was in the afternoon when Lemon and her Mom arrived and we got married with just her Mom. my Dad and my brother and sisters present.


I was finding it hard to believe that I was now married, I had a wife, it didn't seem real somehow.  Lemon kept checking her ring, I think she was finding it hard to believe too.


After eating too much cake and dancing a little, we left the rest of the family to it..


We spent the rest of the night doing what newly married couples do.



--------------
-------------


I think there may be trouble brewing - Jade keeps trying to flirt and hug Toby amourously when she is around him - he won't have none of it - I wish she would make her damn mind up!!!  It does not help that she just turns up on the doorstep - none of the kids have actually wanted any interaction with her yet either - typical cause I want a peek at Jade and Pears twins.
I am really glad that Blake fell for an "ugly" sim and I can not wait to see their "ugly" babies :)  It will be interesting to see if they get any non Ugly kids - as Blake and Lemon both have a non ugly parent :)

-------------------------------

Your feedback - good or bad would be appreciated.
Or just say hi to let me know you passed by.
Thank you for reading!!

2 comments:

  1. Great chapter! That is weird Jade keeps turning up on the doorstep I have never had sims do that. I love Blake and Lemon together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lemon and Blake too! I know they are supposed to be ugly, but I really do find them cute, in an ugly sort of way, if you get my meaning.

    ReplyDelete