Saturday 8 October 2011

Chapter 5 - Gen 2 - Blake

The day after our wedding, I had been in the basement working out and Lemon had gone to the stadium to apply for a job, I was still undecided about what job I wanted to do.  I hadn't seen Dad all morning and was beginning to wander where he was, I wanted to talk to him so went looking for him, I really didn't think he would still be asleep at this time of day but went to check his room anyway.

I walked in not thinking there would be a need to knock and stopped dead in my tracks, boy was I wrong!!  They were so wrapped in each other they never even saw me standing in the room with them.  My Dad and Lemons Mom, OMG when did that happen??  I was out of there before they even noticed I had been there.


 I know me and Lemon had had a giggle about them being together but really - I am not sure how I feel about it happening for real - it seems a little complicated - mine and Lemons parent together - that makes us step brother and sister doesn't it!!!


"I got the job"
"That's great!!"
"Is my Mom still here by any chance, she is not home and she isn't answering her phone."
"Eeerr Yes she is actually."
"Where I need to speak to  her."
"She's in the bedroom"


"NO!!! Lemon you don't want to go in there - I just made that mistake."
"Why?"
"Well that's my Dads room."
"And?"
"Your Mom, My Dad, both in his bedroom - do I really need to give you the details??"
"They are not!!!!!!"
"Yes they are!!"
"OMG!!!!"
"That's exactly what I thought!!!!


"I am not sure I like it!!"
"Well its about time my Mom got a life!!"
"Yeah but not with my Dad surely!!"
"If it makes them happy - leave them too it - talking of which!!"


"We are out here talking when we could be doing something better with our time."
"Stop tickling - you know I hate being tickled"
"Get your but into the bedroom then!"
"Ok - Ok - stop tickling"


We decided to eat out so we went to the bistro round the corner from home.   It was a bit of a relief to get out of the house for a while, you would think it was our parents that had just got married running around the house like a pair of love sick teenagers - they were actually putting us to shame!!!!  Lemon didn't mind them being together but I was not so comfortable with the situation.  I think I was more worried that if things went wrong between them, things could get very complicated for me and Lemon.


Mint had his birthday.  He turned out to look like Mom, but he definately has Dad's eyes.


We were chatting and Lemon mensioned us having a baby.  I had actually been already thinking that I wanted a baby, but with Lemon just getting a job I seriously didn't think she would be interesting in starting a family just yet so I had not mensioned it.  I was pretty surprised when she told me she wanted a baby and we started trying for one straight away.


Mint graduated and he was pretty upset that Mom never made an appearance, like she had when I graduated.  She never even phoned  him.  In fact, since my graduation we had not actually heard from or seen our Mother, none of us, I was still not even sure that she knew me and Lemon were married or even that my Dad had a new girlfriend.  I guessed if she had known we would have heard from her by now!!


---------------------------------------

I was far from happy with my mother, I gruaduated today and she couldn't even be bothered to turn up, or even phone me,  Blake always said she was dead selfish and while he hated Mom turning up to his birthday and graduation, he didn't want it - but I did and she knew it - so where was she??  It has been hard for me growing up without having Mom around and this has really upset me!!!!  I decided to go round and see her as she couldn't be bothered to put herself out for me!!!  When I knocked on their door I was greeted by Pear not Mom.

"Hi Mint, my you are all grown up already!!!!"
"Is Mom about?"
"I don't have a clue where your mother is, but you can come in and wait if you want to, I don't know how long she is going to be!!"
"If you don't mind  - I'll wait."


"So how are you?"
"A little peed off with Mom if you must know!!"
"Join the queue."
"Things not good with you and Mom then?"
"Awful - so how has she upset you?"
"My birthday and graduation, I never even got a call from her."
"Oh I didn't know and she never mentioned it!!"
"Typical isn't it she turns up for Blake who doesn't want anything to do with her, when I do and she can't even be bothered to turn up for me."


"So how is everyone?
"Great, Blake got married to Lemon did you know?"
"No and neither did your Mom!!"
"She wasn't invited - I thought she would have found out and kicked off before now, but none of us have spoken to her or seen her since Blake graduated, and Dad has got himself a girlfriend at last!!"
"Really - who?"
"Rhubarb, you know Lemons Mom."
"Oh yeah I remember her from school."

I ended up spending all afternoon with Pear, we chatted mostly, he is not so bad I suppose really, I think I actually became friends with him today.


The twins came back from school, they were babies the last time I saw them and they had grown so much.  I felt a little guilty when I saw them that I did not know which one was Lime and which one was Apricot, they were my half sisters and I hardly knew them!!!  I spent the rest of my time there with the twins helping them with their homework and I helped Pear by reading one a bedtime story while he read to the other one.


After the twins went to sleep I left - I never did get to see my Mom.  I didn't feel like going straight home because I was pretty wound up about not seeing Mom so I decided to go to the gym to work off my frustrations.  One good thing came out of today - I bumped into Lime Parfait who I vaguely knew because her twin sister Lemon was married to my Uncle Mattie.  We got chatting and I was amazed to find out that she was still single.  Before the night was over we had arranged to go on a date - so it looks like I might have got myself a girlfriend.  The age difference really doesn't bother me, she is technically old enough to be my Mother, I just wander what everyone else is going to think about it!!!



---------------------------------------

I was really happy when Lemon told me she was pregnant, it was surprising pretty quick our baby making only took one attempt.  We both decided that we wanted the baby to be a boy.


With a baby on the way I suppose it was time I made a decision on work, but I was still undecided on what I wanted to do - nothing was jumping out at me.  Lemon again suggested I applied at the stadium for a job and I considered it for a moment as I am athletic - but no it was not what I wanted.


After sleeping on it for a few nights I found myself walking into my old school building.  I had decided I was going to have a try at a career in Education.  I start off as a playground monitor, I hoped to be a teacher one day and if nothing else, I would have a hand in my children's education - but I could imagine that they are really going to hate that!!!  I am supposed to be a genius after all so I suppose Education is a good career choice.



Lemon's baby bump was getting huger by the day.  I hadn't realised till now that Mint was Family Oriented I think he felt Lemons bump more than I did.  Then he shocked us all.

"You know bro, you are going to beat me in the baby race, but only just!!"
"What?"
"Lime is pregnant."
"OMG!!!"
"Yeah that's what I said."

Mint and Lime moved into a nice little house the other end of town, not far from Limes parents and Apple and Tia.
They didn't get married straight away though like we thought they might, but I suppose there is plenty of time for that in the future.


Poppy was also busy with her boyfriend Crimson, these days they literally were never apart.  They were already talking about getting engaged after they graduate.


I had had a busy day at work and was feeling pretty tired and went to bed earlier than Lemon.  The baby arrived while I was sleeping and I did not have a clue, nobody woke me.


When I was woken up, I got out of bed half a sleep and the first thing I saw was Lemon putting the baby into the crib.  Half asleep and shocked the emotion just hit me and I started crying like a baby.  Rhubarb just stood there a look of shock on her face.  She relaxed once she realised I was crying because  I was happy.  I couldn't believe it I am now officially a Dad.



I was a little disappointed that it was not the boy we both wanted, but I was still happy.  
We called the baby Larna and she was born with the Genius and Athletic trait.


 Dad is now a Grandad - my Mom, she didn't even have a clue as far as I knew she had a grandchild and another one on the way, Mint's baby was due very soon.


Dad from the minute he set eyes on Larna he became obsessed.


-----------------
-----------------

-------------------------------

Your feedback - good or bad would be appreciated.
Or just say hi to let me know you passed by.
Thank you for reading!!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, that picture of Blake freaking out with Toby and Rhubarb making out on the bed in the background is gold! That was cute how Mint spent some time with Pear and his half sisters :)

    ReplyDelete