Friday 14 October 2011

Chapter 6 - Gen 2 - Blake

Nobody including me and Lemon could get near Larna for my Dad.  We woke in a morning and the cot would be empty because my Dad had all ready been in and sneaked her away somewhere.


He held her way too much, but it was hard to get him to put her down. 


He didn't put her down unless he really had to.  I had to laugh at him the one day, he found Poppy sneaking about the house when she should have been at school, he caught her skiving and he gave her a telling off Larna still in his arms.  Larna just slept through it and never even flinched.


Larna had her birthday I was pleased that she had my eyes and hair colouring.


I wanted to make a start on teaching her how to talk.  The minute I sat down with her Dad was there.  It made me wander if he was this obsessed with us when we were babies because I really don't remember.

"I'll do that if you want."
"No its fine Dad, I can manage."


I was glad that Rhubarb came and distracted him, he was making me feel uncomfortable just standing there watching me trying to teach her how to talk.  I managed to feed her and restart on her talking without Dad even noticing.  I wished though I didn't have to keep seeing them kissing each other all the time!!!


On my Day off work I managed to prize Larna away from Dad and we had just got a new stroller that I wanted to test out, so I took her for a stroll.  As I passed by the bookstore I saw Mom outside with a bunch of other people just standing around talking.  I had not seen her still since my graduation - I was feeling mischievous so I went over to talk to her.


"What is the matter Mom, not feeling well?"
"Not another!!!!"
"Not another what?"
"She is yours I take it."
"Well I should hope so!!"


"First Mint now you"
"So you have seen Lloyd then,"
"I don't know what the baby's name is I didn't ask."
"Like you won't bothered to ask what your granddaughters name is either, no doubt!!"
"I am not old enough to be a grand mother."
"Well I am afraid you are!!"


"Why Blake, why has nobody been telling me what has been going on with you kids?"
"Why should we Mother when you obviously can't be bothered with us, I am actually surprised Mint spoke to you, you have really upset him!!"
"He didn't what's her name, Lime, she did."
"When was it Mom the last time you even bothered with any of us - my graduation wasn't it!!!
"It's hard, with Me and your Dad."
"It's time you got over it, he has, and I may as well tell you he has a girlfriend who lives with us, so if you are going to cause your normal trouble can you please get it over and done with before Poppy's wedding, that's if she even bothers to invite you!!"
"WHAT!!??"


"What did Poppy and Petal ever do to you Mom??"
"Poppy is getting married?!"
"Not long after she graduates."
"Which is when?"
"Your her Mother, you should know, I shouldn't have to tell you!!!
"And you are married."
"Yes and I didn't want you there that's why you didn't get an invite."
"Your Dad has got a girlfriend?"
"Yes"
"Who?"
"I don't want to talk about it especially not to you!!"



Someone interrupted us asking if they could take a photo.  Her attitude soon changed and she was all smiles, she made me so angry.  I had the opportunity to escape and decided to go into the book store and buy some books for Poppy to read, i headed for the door and Mint came out of the shop.


"I see she is still here performing!!"
"Yeah - she makes me angry!!"
"I couldn't even speak to her earlier."
"She said - so what are you up to?"
"Just got some books for lloyd."
"Snap!!
"So did she bother with Larna?"
"No, too busy moaning she was too young to be a grandmother and why hadn't we told her what had been going on with us."
"Sod her!!!


I suppose Dad hogging Larna did have its advantages sometimes, we had a 24 hour baby sister who never complained.


We had been trying for another baby- we both still really want a boy so hopefully we will get a boy this time, Lemon is pregnant again.


"Oh I have a bone to pick with you!!"
"What's up Dad"
"I've had your mother on the phone - just what have you been saying to her?  She was very upset"
"Nothing much - less than she deserves I could have said worse!!"
"Well she is coming to the twins birthday party, thank you for reminding her, now you know its not going to be a quiet night especially when she finds out about Ruby!!!" 
"Mmmm I did kind of slip it out that you had a girlfriend."
"Yes but she doesn't know who!!"
"Does it matter who your girlfriend is?
"Your mother is Ruby's boss, didn't you know - she is going to kick off when she finds out Ruby has been hiding that fact from her!!"
"Well I suggest Ruby gets another job cause you know Mom is going to make her life hell when she finds out don't you!!"


The night of the twins party came round pretty quickly I was trying to get Larna to sleep early so that she would be asleep during the party there were a lot of people coming and  if Mom was coming I knew something would go on before the night was done.  My phone rang it was my Mom.


"It is ok if I bring the twins with me isn't it?"
"I should think so."
"What about Pear?"
"I am not sure maybe you should ask Dad about Pear."
"Oh I'll leave him at home, I don't want to set your Dad off again."

He has moved on, I am not really sure how Dad would react to Pear's presents at the party - I doubt he would be bothered anymore.


The guests started to arrive, Dad and Ruby oblivious that they were putting on a show for everyone coming in, then I saw Mom and the twins.  Mom stopped dead when she saw Dad kissing Ruby.


She really didn't look happy


Then I think she realised who Dad was kissing.  I just knew by the look on her face there was going to be trouble, this night was not going to survive my parents having a bust up!!!!


And they didn't dissappoint!!!!  Mom had only been there ten minutes when the yelling started.  Mom, Dad and Ruby ended up round the side of the house screaming and shouting at each other.  Mom not happy that Ruby had hidden the fact that she was with Dad, she didn't even realise that I was married to her daughter, she was also not happy that Dad had a girlfriend full stop.   Ruby walked off and left my parents arguing and joined me to help celebrate the twins birthday.


I noticed that Lemon was missing, but thought maybe she would be out any minute.  Little did I know she was in labour in the kitchen, yelling for help.  With Mom and Dad yelling and The celebrations of the party nobody could hear her shouting.


My sisters grew up without my parents there and my second baby was being born in the kitchen and I didn't have a clue!!!


--------------------
--------------------

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Poor Lemon! That is crazy, usually the sims all gather round a woman in labour. I guess cause you were doing the cakes at the same time everyone had that in their action cue so they forgot about Lemon.

    Toby and Jade fighting - I really don't think Jade knows what she wants, haha.

    Great chapter :)

    ReplyDelete