Thursday 10 November 2011

Chapter 12 - Gen 2 - Blake

I suppose there was only really one town that we could live in if we were not going to stay in Jugville, and that is Roach Valley.  Roach Valley, like Jugville, has plenty of "Ugly" families living among the "berries" for me and the children to have a comfortable life here.  Roach Valley has become a sort of overflow town for "Uglies" that want to move out of Jugville and even though there are not as many "Ugly" families here, there are enough.  I don't think I know anyone in Roach Valley but I will definitely recognise family names as I would have know their relatives in Jugville.


The only things that I brought with us was two photographs, Mom and Dads prom photo and Mine and Lemons prom photo and five graves.  Everything else I left behind.  There was a patch of fenced off land at the side of the new house that was obviously meant to be a vegetable patch, it was now a family graveyard and where I placed the fire gravestones of my grandparents, Dad, Rhubarb and Lemon.  I did not have the heart to leave them behind even though maybe I should have done.


Watching the kids settle into their new home I realised that it was probably only me who would have to adjust to the new house and new town, even Larna seemed unfazed by the move.  Well she looked like it was not affecting her too much but on the inside she must be in turmoil, losing all her relatives and not just the ones that died and all her school friends, her home and everything she has known, it is bound to traumatise her in someway.  I only lost my mother at her age and it scared me for life, and my mother just moved out it was not like she died.  Maybe I would need to keep an eye on Larna.


For the two toddlers, after a quick look about it was business as usual, playing happily without a care in the world.  I don't suppose they really cared where they were as long as they had their toys and were clean and fed and could see a familiar face.


I had nothing to do but take care of the kids, it felt strange being in a new town not having a job and not knowing anyone, but I already felt a lot better having new surroundings and no constant reminders around me every where that I looked..


Luke too seemed a lot calmer, but maybe that was because I was calmer, this time he sat on his potty chair with no problems, and he had not asked for his Mom or Granma since.


Something I really need to learn - how to cook.- I have always relied on everyone else to do the cooking all I can manage is salad, everything else I burn.  Dad always used to laugh and say I inherited my cooking skills from my mother, when I used to ask "what skills" he used to say "exactly!!"  She could not cook and neither could I!!


"Not salad again!!"
"Unfortunately yes."
"Can't you cook something else?"
"Not without burning it - I suppose I ought to start learning how to cook or else you lot will be growing up as vegetarians!!"


Larna said she liked the new house, it was a lot bigger than the old house and she got quite excited when I told her that there were five bedrooms upstairs that she could chose from obviously the 6th bedroom the one with the double bed was mine, not that I needed a double bed, or would  probably even use the room.  There were enough rooms for the kids to have a room each if they wanted to.


"I think its time you went to bed."
"Can't I play out on the swing and slide for a bit?"
"No, you have school tomorrow and its getting late, you can play out tomorrow after school"


All of the kids asleep, I was rattling around this big house feeling pretty lonely with just myself for company.   I decided to go outside and work on my life time wish and my Athletic skills. 


The time flew by quite quickly, and before I knew it I was aching from head to foot and had to stop.  I was not really concentrating so much on my running as I was taking in the nice view that we had from our garden.  Really tired I didn't even make it to bed I napped on the settee. 


In the morning I tried to make pancakes - disaster!!

"Dad they smell like they are burning"
"That is probably because they are."
"I'll just grab some cereal then!!"
"Yeah, I would if I was you!!"



Lacey and Luke both seemed very cheerful this morning.  Luke especially greeted me with a huge smile normally he is a right cranky monkey in a morning.



It is Autumn's birthday today, then I would have three toddlers to contend with - that I was not looking forward to!!  But after thinking about it properly, Lacey was not an ounce of trouble, Luke only needed his potty training finishing off so I wouldn't be too bad.



"So how did your first day at your new school go?"
"Ok I suppose."
"Only ok, did you make any new friends?"
"A few, can I bring someone home with me tomorrow?"
"Yes of course."



I was pleasantly surprised at how Autumn turned out.  She had all of Dad's colouring bur I thought she looked a lot like Rhubarb, and I don't think she is going to be too "Ugly"



Teaching her to talk was a bit of a chore to start with, she didn't want to know.  But after a while she started to get the hang of it.  After two or three attempts at it we got there eventually.



Another cooking disaster, even the dishwater didn't appreciate the burnt waffles, it went and broke on me the minute I put the plate in and closed the door.  Maybe I should go and buy some books or take a cooking class, it says something doesn't it when even a machine doesn't like your cooking!!!


Even though I wanted to repair the dishwasher, I took the safer option and called in the repairman to fix it.  I have no handiness skills and knowing my luck I would electricute myself.  This made me think a little about if moving to a new town had been a stupid idea, just imagine if something was to happen to me, what would happen to all the kids, they would go into care, at least in Jugville they have family to care for them, here they had nobody but me.


"Why is this dishwasher so noisy - it is brand new!!!"


At first Lacey and Luke were a little wary of the new toddler, but that didn't last long and it wasnt long before they were all happily playing together.  Now how do I stop her from copying Lacey and Luke calling me Dad - that is going to be tricky!!!!


 Larna bough a boy home from school with her called River Teal.  She said that there were a lot more "berries" than "uglys" in her class, and just like Jugville nobody cared how she looked.   As I had to feed River, of course the only thing I could feed him was salad.  Larna refused to eat it and made herself some bread and jam.


I didn't think about the ghostly visits till the first one happened.  On my way upstairs I could hear Larna merrily chatting away to someone, when I got upstairs I saw she was talking to my Grandad Marty's ghost.  I wander if the move has confused him??


Although I was not too pleased when he decided to sleep in the room that I had been using to sleep in since we moved in.


Maybe I can get my bed back tomorrow night!!



---------------
Generation 3 heir vote
---------------

---------------


I never noticed till he moved to the new house just how bad Blakes cooking was!!!  Someone else was always cooking so I suppose he never needed to.  I was surprised to find his cooking skill was at level 5 - but he is still burning virtually everything he cooks and his salads are only ever normal quality.  Jade was exactly the same!!!
I worried about how Blake was going to be with Autumn being his half sister and not his child.  I had visions of her having very bad traits because Blake wouldn't want to teach her any skills.   I found it pretty strange that he did actually want to do these things for her.
I learnt something new from this move to a new town.  As I took the 5 graves to the new game file it still has Blakes family tree sort of intact.  It shows Marty and Summer and it shows Toby but not Jade or any of his brothers and sisters.  It also shows Rhubarb and Lemon but I think because of the twisted connection between Toby Blake Rhubarb and Lemon the game got a little confused it picked up on Autumn being Toby's half sister but Autumn and Blake's kids do not show as being related - they are just acquaintances with each other - so I am going to have to keep my eye on Luke and Autumn to make sure they dont get too close - perish the thought!!!

1 comment:

  1. It's nice that he wished to teach his half-sister her traits and I can see where it would just be disturbing for Luke to like Autumn.

    ReplyDelete