Thursday 10 November 2011

Chapter 13 - Gen 2 - Blake

I was yet to venture out into town or to even meet anyone, I was quite content to stay home with the toddlers all day.  When I needed company I turned on on line chat and there was always someone about to talk to, and that is how I got to start making friends with the other residents in Roach Valley.  The first person I spoke to on line and most days after that was Scarlet Avocado, she lived with her sister over the other side of town, happy to just chat to each other but we never arranged to meet.


 The toddlers kept me plenty occupied and Autumn is now walking and talking and calling me Dad like I thought she would.  I kept telling her I was her brother not her Dad, but it wasn't sinking in, but how was a toddler her age supposed to understand.  She would understand when she was older.



Larna was bringing a different friend home with her most nights and I was beginning to lose track of them there seemed to be so many.  Pretty sad when your child has a better social life then you do!!!   Tonight she was going home with one of her friends after school, Benji Giggs, his sister Angel had been here a few times


My phone started ringing - I didn't have a clue who it might be.
"Hello"
"Hi, My name is Rocky Giggs, I am Angel and Benji's Dad and I have Larna here."
"What has she done?"
"Oh no, she hasn't done anything, we were just talking and I know you are new in town and don't know anybody yet, and its your other daughters birthday today so I was just wandering if you would like me to bring my kids over to play with yours."
"Yes of course."

Before I knew it the doorbell was ringing and larna came bursting through the door.


Lacey had her birthday, she gained the Loves the Outdoors trait.


I was getting hungry so I automatically made a salad and called everyone to eat.  It didn't take long before Larna embarrassed me.


"Not salad AGAIN!!"
"Not now Larna"
"We live on salad!!"
"Only because its the only thing I can make without burning!!"
"I am the same, that's why my wife does all the cooking, like I suppose yours does."  Rocky said
There was an earie silence all I could hear were forks clanking on plates and saw all the kids heads turn in my direction.  They knew obviously Rocky didn't.
"No my wife died not long ago."
"OH, I am really Sorry I had no idea!!!"
"Its fine you weren't to know!!"


It is pretty nice when a guest tidies up after himself and his kids



All of a sudden he seemed to become star struck

"You know, I am so silly sometimes, I have just realised who you are!"
"Really?"
"Yes you are from Jugville aren't you, your Toby Ugli's son aren't you."
"Yeah, that's me, only I don't know why I should be a celebrity, it was my Dad who was the famous Rock Star, not me."
"He died recently too."
"Yeah in the same fire that killed my wife and my step-mother."
"That was tragic, I read about it in the newspaper, and they had just had a baby too hadn't they your Dad."
"Yeah, Autumn she is in there playing with my son, I am bringing her up now."




That kind of broke the ice, and we nattered on for ages about alsorts, he soon forgot he was starstruck and the conversation moved away from my Dad, Lemon and the fire and was not mentioned again.  So I made my first friend in Roach Valley.


Once Rocky and his kids had gone home and my kids and sister were fast asleep, I jumped on line and spoke to Scarlet some more, she always seemed to be on line at night and started to keep me company most nights.


The toddlers loved to play outside which gave me the chance to keep an eye on them while I worked on my Athletic and Martial Arts skill.  At weekends Lacey spent most of her time outside playing in the garden, she really loved being outside and spent more time outside than inside the house.


Not long after Lacey's birthday it was Larna's birthday and she became a teenager.


Having a ghost jump out on you and start booing you was not a fun experience for me.  What a way to find out someone had been lying about me, the ghost of my Grandmother telling me I was publically disgraced for peeing myself in public.  I wouldn't mind but I had not actually been anywhere in town yet.  Since the day I moved here I have not once been away from the house.


Quite ironic that the very next day I would be given the opportunity to leave the house.  My agent phoned me and asked me to do a job for him, entertaining the sick children in the hospital, a job really I couldn't refuse.


As I walked out of the hospital I heard someone calling my name.  Obviously a woman I didn't know but knew who I was.  It would have been rude to just walk away.

"Hi, I am Coconut, you know my husband Rocky."
"Oh, of course now I see where Angel gets her hair colour from."

We chatted for a little while about the kids, then I made my excuses and left to return home, I had left the toddlers with a babysitter who I did not know for the first time and it was also Lukes birthday.


I had been watching the cooking channel a bit lately and had learnt a new simple recipe that I wanted to try out on the kids tonight.  Hotdogs, so simple only an idiot could mess up making them!!!!


Luke had his birthday and he enjoyed the hotdogs, Larna shocked that I had actually cooked something without burning it probably for the first time ever.


As we were tidying up after eating my Dad's ghost suddenly appeared in the kitchen.  It was the first time that I had seen his ghost since he died.


 Only minutes later Rhubarbs ghost appeared like she had followed him out.


They stood staring at each other for a few minutes


then Lemon's ghost appeared.  All three of them were out at the same time.



The kids didn't seem scared at all having three ghosts  hanging around the kitchen.  Luke even got Lemon to pose for him so he could take a photo on his phone, I don't have a clue how he managed that!!



I was trying to get out of the kitchen seeing Lemon like that was upsetting me, but she had other ideas she glided into my path so I had to stop dead in my tracks or walk through her


"She made it!!"
"What?"
"Larna she didn't get hurt in the fire."
"No she was fine."

Larna got upset and ran off crying, I should have followed her but my feet were routed to the spot.



"Lemon I called you why did you go down into the basement?"
"Larna was down there we couldn't find her."
"She ran and hid round by the pool."
"We thought she was in that room."
"So all three of you went into that room and died for nothing!!" 
"We couldn't get out the fire blocked the door."



Having these graves here was not a good idea - seeing all three ghosts tonight had brought it all back like it was yesterday, looking at Lemon like this, I felt like my heart was being torn out all over again.  Why did I think those graves would be a comfort to me.

"What's so funny Blake?"
"Me Lemon, I am so stupid!!"


Without thinking I reached out to hug her
"Don't Blake"
"Why?"
"Just don't"


Then she was gone.


I watched the mist slowly fade away to nothing.
It felt like she had only just left me all over again.


---------------
--------------

Has anyone noticed the assylum gowns yet??!!  I really need to remove them from my game, I have spotted quite a few sims wearing them around town - it makes me giggle a little.  I got really excited when Rocky phoned Blake out of the blue to ask if he wanted his kids to come round and play with Blakes kids.  Quite a few times I have had Viola or Liam phone Blake to say their cat has just had kittens and if he wants to adopt one to pop round - but I am swerving the pets for as long as i can get away with it!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. And its nice that he's found some familiar faces to make friends with. Why are the ghosts pink? I thought those who died in the fire where orange in color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I saw one of paps in one of the gowns and giggled a little. I have an outfit in my game that NPC are in and it drives me mad. The only thing is I can't find the damn outfit :(

    I am so happy that Rocky made an appearance and is becoming friends with Blake. If I were Blake I would remove the graves, it would drive anyone nuts to have the family you just lost coming around so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I spotted the pap in the asylum gown too! Coconut looks less, uh, insane with that hair lol. So glad Blake has made a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww - that was so sad/sweet with Blake and Lemon at the end.

    ReplyDelete