Monday 26 December 2011

Chapter 5 - Gen 3 - Lacey

We had a lot to talk about, so Rocky said, I didn't see the point of talking, he was here we were together everything else was just a minor detail to me, but not to Rocky.


The age gap was quite a concern for him.  He was very close in age to my Dad, he was half way through his Mature Adult life and before I was anywhere close to becoming a mature adult he would be elderly and die a long time before I would.  His children, he didn't know how Angel and Benji were going to treat me or even how they were going to react to us being together.  They were far from happy with him while he had been married to their mother and knew our affair was what broke up Rocky and Coconuts marriage, I was far from their favourite person, Rocky neither as both kids had taken Coconuts side.


He also wanted more children and because of his age he wanted them now or never.  His lifetime wish was to be surrounded by family and with Coconut he was never going to achieve that.  Now he had the chance to and wanted at least another three children.  He was heading towards his Elderly birthday and he wanted to have time with his kids, he didn't want his kids to be very young when he dies and he didn't want to leave me alone to struggle with young kids, he didn't feel it was fair to be having children when he was elderly to them or to me, so if we didn't have children straight away, we wouldn't be having any at all.


Then there is my Dad, he really was not going to like it.  Rocky isn't married now so why should he have any objections, but he would according to Rocky.


It was nearly the morning before Rocky thought we had done enough talking and we could get onto the fun stuff!!


"I want a word with you two"
"I knew it wouldn't take your Dad long to catch up with us!!"
"Rocky you promised me!!"
"I'm sorry Blake!!"


"Dad don't start!!!!"
"Lacey, this has got to stop, you do know don't you that you two are the talk of the town again already, making a show of yourselves at Autumn's wedding - publically disgraced again and now you have gone and improved on your naughty reputation, you are both now cheaters and its got to stop!!!!"
"Does it really matter what they think?"
"Yes and what about Leon?"
"We weren't official and its not like were were serious"
"Not Serious!!!! He was moving in here today remember, didn't I tell you not to mess that boy about!!"
"He'll get over it!!"
"Lacey that's just the childish answer I would expect from you, don't you even care that you have really hurt that boy, I have just had him call me, sobbing his heart out!!!????"


"And you promised me......" he said turning to Rocky
"What did he promise you Dad??"."

So it all comes out that my Dad had known about Rocky and Coconut breaking up and he had been round to see Rocky again and told him to keep away from me, he knew that his marriage was over and still he tried to keep us apart.  This was enough to make me kick off.



"Lacey can you leave us alone for a while, me and your Dad need to talk."
They both just stood there intensely staring at each other, I felt like there was more to this and they were keeping something from me.

"No Rocky ....."
"Please  Lacey, you are not helping, I'll come and find you as soon as we have sorted this out."

I didn't like it but I left them to it, I felt a little they were both treating me like a child, what did they have to say to each other that I couldn't hear??


It was a while before he came to find me.  My Dads problem I think is not so much me and Rocky being together it was the fact that his best mate had been sneaking around behind his back with his daughter, he felt betrayed, this I didn't understand, but Rocky did having a daughter my age and if the tables were turned he understood how Blake felt because he would feel the same way and that's why their relationship was in tatters. 

"Well, what's happening?"
"I am moving in here."
"What - did Dad say you could?"
"It was his idea -- he wants us where he can keep his eye on us!!"
"Doesn't he trust us or something he is treating us like children!!"
"You can't blame him Lacey, we have both made a right mess of things and I have broken my promise to him, he thinks I am too old for you, and he thinks you aren't going to cope with me when I turn elderly."
"He has got a nerve when Scarlet is my age, its his own relationship he should concentrate on not mine!!"
"He is your Dad he is worried about your future, he worries that he won't be here when you will need him most, I understand that and if I wasn't so weak I would have stayed away and let you get on with your relationship with Leon, this isn't fair on you, and I am being selfish, you should be with someone your own age."
"Please don't tell me you are letting what he says get to you!!"
"While I might agree with him Lacey, I am too weak to do the right thing for you, I love you and am going nowhere."


Topaz found out she was pregnant.  This creates an interesting situation for my brother I think, Topaz having commitment issues.  She had been willing to move in with Luke, whether the baby was planned or not I don't know, but I do know that Luke had tried to make their relationship official and she had turned him down, which had upset him a little.  This distracted Dad away from me and Rocky because he was really excited about his first grandchild.


I never realised Rocky was such a clean freak.  He was constantly cleaning and tidying, but I wasn't sure if this was his nature or he was just trying his best to get back into my Dad's good books.


I was trying to resurrect my garden, I had neglected it a little lately, while I had been miserable and without Rocky I spent a lot of time out here tending to my plants, it had helped me improve my gardening too, which I needed for work.


My brother was fascinated with the baby bump, I have lost count of how many times I have seen him rubbing her tummy, he was really excited about the baby coming


This time when Luke asked Topaz to be his girlfriend, she said yes.  Me and Rocky are now officially going steady too.


Everyone at home just seemed to accept the fact that Rocky was there.  Even though thing were not right between Rocky and Dad, the atmosphere was a lot better, Dad and Luke were now talking to me like there had never been a problem, I would love to know what is actually going on in their heads.


"Are you ok Rocky?"
"Yeah why?"
"Well, you have started spending quite a bit of time out here alone and fishing I didn't think it was your thing."
"Fishing helps me think, I have had to do quite a bit of it lately."
"So what are you thinking about, you are not having second thoughts about us are you?"
"Don't be stupid!!!!  It's work, I need to get a job and can't decide what to do"


"I also want us to start trying for a baby"
"What already?"


"We did talk about this didn't we, I thought you understood I wanted at least three kids straight away"
"Yes but I need to think about it fiirst"
"Your winding me up aren't you!!!??"
"Ssshhh you are going to scare the fish away and I need to catch some for work."
"Lacey!!??"
"Sshhh how can I think if you keep rabbiting on!!"


We carried on fishing for ages in silence, he kept giving me sly looks every so often, I was winding him up but I was just enjoying watching him sulking, he looks so cute when he sulks.   I was at level 5, a Carnivorous Plant Tender, and half way in my career already, I had worked pretty hard when I had no other purpose in life other than to pine after Rocky, and having Topaz as my boss helped me get those promotions maybe sooner than  I should have done.  It was probably a good time to be having time out from work and I quite liked the idea of having a baby.

"Ok -  yes - and you can stop sulking now!!"
"I am not sulking!!"
"You are so!!"
"You said, Ok Yes, does that mean what I think it means?"
"Yes we can start trying for a baby."


He wasted no time in dragging me upstairs to start trying!!  It was not long before I started to throw up and suspected that I might be pregnant already.  I was throwing up for the second time in as many hours when I heard Topaz squealing upstairs.


The baby was coming.  My little nephew arrived so quickly that Luke never even got out of bed.


They called the baby Jay.


Rocky decided he was going to try a career in music and got a job at the theatre.  He said it had been a long time since he had played a guitar and was pretty rusty, but he soon got the hang of it again after a bit of practice.


Topaz surprised me by becoming quite the neurotic mother, for the first few days she hardly left Jay alone for a second, it was actually pretty hard to get near him, but she did relax a little after Luke complained a little.


Rocky also seemed quite taken by Jay, between Topaz, Luke, Rocky and  Dad the poor kid never got a break, there was always someone picking him up and playing with him.


Rocky was really excited when I told him I was pregnant, he wanted a boy and I wanted a girl.  Like my brother, Rocky started with the rubbing my tummy ever time he got a chance.


He became quite attentive, cooking my cravings for me, waffles and ice cream mainly, all I wanted to eat most of the time was waffles with ice cream.  He ate the waffles with me but refused to eat the ice cream!!


Everytime I moaned about my back he was there giving me massages and the tummy rubbing was constant.


But the biggest surprise of all was when he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him - even though I had hoped I never expected it.


and of course the answer was yes.


-------------
-------------

I had to laugh when Lacey decided she wanted to ask Rocky to be her boyfriend when I go her to ask Rocky to go steady I noticed in the background that Luke was doing the same thing all on his own.   He had wished for it and I  had got him to asked Topaz before but she refused because she has commitment issues - obviously Lukes timing was a lot better than mine because the second time she said yes!!!  Lacey got a little glitchy when she was pregnant and I worried that the file was going bad again.  She wanted to propose marriage but she was glitching and a lot of the time when I clicked on Rocky so she could interact with him nothing was happening.  Her wishes were clogged up with baby wishes and Rocky wishes that I could not fulfill because of the glitching and had to reset her quite a few times - Luckily Rocky wished to propose so I got him to do it to free up Lacey's wishes.  I guessed this would cause me a problem in future when they do get married it will change Laceys name to Giggs so I am going to have to send them to the town hall to change their names back to Ugli.

1 comment:

  1. It's strange that she couldn't propose. It's cute and funny that they both are wearing sheep pjs to get engaged.

    ReplyDelete