Wednesday 28 December 2011

Chapter 6 - Gen 3 - Lacey

I wanted to read a pregnancy book and couldn't find any in the bookcase, pretty strange, Dad said there used to be some there at one time.  Not finding any I went to the bookstore to buy some more.  The last person I expected or wanted to see when I walked out of the store was Leon, but there he stood glaring at me.


 I wasn't sure whether I should just ignore him and run or speak to him.  Just leaving was probably the best option but as I walked past him he spoke to me.


"Lacey wait" he called after me, then I heard his Mom have a go at him
"Leon come on hasn't that girl caused you enough trouble!!"
"Shut up Mother!!"
"You wait till I get you home and your Dad hears about this!!"
"Whatever!!"


Something struck me about Leon he looked different somehow, then I realised.

"Your out in public with out a top on and your wearing shorts!!"
"Yeah, I got therapy"
"Really, that's good!!
"Is it HIS?"  he said pointing at my stomach
"Yeah."
"So he hasn't left you yet then?"
"No we got engaged, we are getting married after the baby is born."


He was silent but I could see he was getting upset

"Leon I am really sorry things turned out the way they did."
"Why Lacey, why did you let me think we had something together."
"We did ......"
"Lacey don't lie, you used me."
"I didn't not really, Leon I do like you"
"But not as much as him, I know."
"I am sorry!!"


Suddenly he seemed to lose the plot, I had never seen him like this before.

"That's it Leon I am taking you home."  his mother jumped in
then she turned to me  "I suggest you go, before he does something stupid!!"


When I got home all I could do was plonk down into the first chair I came to.  I was a little shocked, what the hell had happened to him, had I done that to him??


I tried to take my mind off Leon and started to read the pregnancy book, but I couldn't concentrate and wasn't taking any of it in, so I put the book in the bookcase and went to make myself something to eat.


Jay had his birthday, Dad was really pleased that his first grandchild took after him so much.  He had Dads eyes and Hair,  I could also see a lot of Topaz in his looks but it looks like he was going to have the Ugli nose and ears.   My nephew turned out to be quite a cute kid.  It is a shame that Luke, Topaz and Jay will soon be going to be moving into their own place I was really going to miss them.


Rocky was getting impatient waiting for the baby to come.

"Isn't it about time this little one put in an appearance?"
"Your so impatient - she will come when she is ready."
"No he will come when he is ready."


Suddenly I got this evil pain tearing across my stomach.
"OOOOOOOUUUUUUCCCHHHHHHHHH"
"What's wrong?"
"I think the baby is coming."


That was enough to send Rocky into a mad panic


"Rocky your not helping me, I haven't done this before you have, you have two kids already"
"I haven't either - I was at work both times, she never told me till after they were born."
"AAAAWWWWW"
"OMG - What should I do?"
"take me to the hospital you idiot and don't ever ask me to do this again IT HUUUUUUUURTS"


"NO WAIT."
"What?"
"I think its too late AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW"
"The hospital s literally over the road, we will make it."
"NO WE WON'T!!"


We didn't make it to the hospital, Jasmine arrived quickly, and once Rocky go his hands on her it was game over, it didn't matter that she was a girl and not a boy, I had to fight with him just to get to hold her.


"You have been down here all night haven't you, you didn't come to bed."
"Yes, I slept on the couch."
"She is not going to run off you know!!"
"Yeah I know but its her first night in a strange place."
"Your mad, she's a baby as long as she is clean, warm and fed I doubt she cares where she is!!"
"Maybe we should put a crib in our room."
"You fuss too much!!"


I swear he didn't want to go to work and leave Jasmine.


But for once I was actually glad he was out of the house and at work, just so as I could get to spend time with Jasmine without having to fight Rocky for her.



It didn't get any better the older she gets, Rocky just got worse.


He taught her how to talk straight away and after that her favourite word was Daddie.  If anyone tried to do anything with her it was alway "No Daddie do it."


 Jasmine even managed to be centre of attention on our wedding day.

"What do you think we should do with Jasmine"
"She'll be fine there won't she?"
"I think maybe we should try and get her to sleep, you know she is going to squeal the place down after you, you know how she gets when she sees you paying someone else attention that she things she should be getting"
"She'll be fine, stop fussing."
"No you have spoilt her."


The ceremony would have been fine if Jasmine had stopped screaming and Rocky was a little upset that his other two children never bothered to turn up, Larna and Caramel came but there was no Angel or Benji.  I was a little mad with them both after all the fights that Rocky had gotten into with Coconut, even though he didn't like them being gay he and stood by them and helped them get married to their partners, if Coconut had had her way they would never have been married at all.  Even if they didn't agree with their Dad marrying me, the least they could have done was turn up for him!!  Neither of them had even bothered to come to see their little half sister either.


By the time we were exchanging rings, Jasmine was well away screaming her head off crying for Rocky and when he ignored her she decided to come after him.


I ended up cutting the cake on my own as Rocky was too busy with Jasmine trying to calm her down.  When she gets older no doubt we will laugh about it but it was not funny at the time.  Now maybe he might realise just how much he has spoilt her.


Dad looked after Jasmine so we could sneak off and have some alone time.  He took her down into the basement and she was quite happy watching Luke playing the piano, she has the virtuoso trait and I think she is going to be quite musical like my brother, she loves her xylophone and plays with that more than anything else.


Rocky started going on about having another baby, I was actually surprised it had taken him this long.  I did want another baby so we spent our wedding night trying for one.


I was quite surprised at how many wedding presents we had received it took Rocky ages to write the thank you notes.  There were even gifts off Angel and Benji, why send us wedding presents and not turn up to the wedding I am sure Rocky would have much prefered them at the wedding and no presents.  Dad was trying to clean up the house and was finding plates of wedding cake all over the place, while Scarlet was eating wedding cake for breakfast.


The dishwasher broke and Scarlet had a close shave electrocuting herself trying to fix it.  She took a shower then tried again the second time round she managed to fix it without a problem.


Rocky as usually is still monopolising Jasmine, teaching her to walk and potty training her.  I am actually getting a little jealous, he spends every spare minute he has with Jasmine, I feel quite neglected by him.


I have been throwing up at regular intervals and guess that baby number two is on its way.  It is going to be interesting to see if Rocky smothers our next child as much as he smothers Jasmine.


Being on maternity leave which now looks like it will be extended with another baby on the way is giving me the chance to work on improving my gardening skills for work.  It also gives me something to do, I am actually finding maternity leave pretty boring, I am actually missing work!!


When Rocky is at work Jasmine has found something new to entertain herself, she keeps watching TV.  Scarlet who also likes to watch a lot of tv is not too impressed that when Jasmine is sat in front of the tv she insists on watching the children's programmes while she would much rather be watching something else.


As I only get Jasmine to myself while Rocky is at work I have also started to watch quite a bit of tv, but she loves to chatter away while we are watching tv.


She loves her doll that she was sent in the post from a relative in Jugville that she has never met and I can not even remember.  It reminded me of one that I had when I was little.  Her doll is something else that keeps her amused while Rocky is at work.


But the minute that Daddie is home, that's it, they are inseperable and I have to wait till Jasmine is asleep to get Rocky's attention.


"Now she's asleep, can I have some attention from you please!!"
"Of course, you say that like I am ignoring you!!"
"You do when madam is awake!!"
"I'm sorry, you know how demanding she is!!"
"Yes and that's your fault for spoiling her, anyway I am going to be very interested in how you are going to treat this new baby."
"Are you pregnant?"
"Yes"


"That's great!!"


"I really hope its a boy this time!!"
"I wouldn't mind a boy too."


"Hey what are you doing?"
"Well you said you wanted my attention!!"
"Not that sort of attention - I am pregnant remember."
"It doesn't matter it won't do any harm!!"


Maybe now I am pregnant he might pay me a little more attention.


"I think I can hear Jasmine crying"
off he trots, attention over!!


------------
------------

Thank god for Rocky :D  While he wished to do everything with Jasmine, Lacey wished to do hardly anything, if it had been left to Lacey Jasmine would not have been walking or talking!!!

I had to laugh when my blue simself gate crashed the wedding!!!

2 comments:

  1. Rocky is obsessive about his daughter. Poor Lacey got ignored in favor of her daughter.:D I feel sorry for Leon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Rocky is such a good daddy but he does need to pay attention to Lacey too!

    ReplyDelete