Sunday 15 January 2012

Chapter 2 - Gen 4 - Cain

Cory has started to get on my nerves a lot lately.
Why what is he doing?
He keeps bossing me about like he thinks he is my Dad or something.
He is just looking out for you as your Dad isn't here any longer.
Well it feels like he is on some sort of power trip to me!!!


So where are you off to?
I am going to Millie Mandarines after school, to get away from Cory's nagging.
Mandarine - is she Mango's sister?
Step sister - its a bit complicated I think Millies Mom is now married to Mango's Dad.


This is Mango's proper sister Apricot.
You are good friends with Apricot aren't you!!
Yes she is one of my best friend.


Well your best friend looks a little cross with you to me!!
She is, she is still upset that I went to prom with Lacey and didn't ask her!!
She likes you then?
Yes she does and before you ask I think she is ok.


Sugar and Cory have gone off to the hospital, the baby is on its way.
I wandered why he was not about to give me the third degree.


You now have a little nephew called Brad.
That's one of those IF Doll things that he has in his crib isn't it?
Yes it is, Brad got lucky, he was sent one.


Mom says that Cory is just like Dad.
He is fussing over the baby a little too much isn't he.
Yes, he won't leave him alone!!


Your mother looks pretty scary like that!!!
She is a mad scientist now and that's her work uniform I think she looks really silly!!!


Not as silly as Cory looks right now!!
Cory works at the Science Fascility too, but he keeps blowing himself up at work.
He can't be too good at his job then.
No Mom thinks he should quit, she would much rather see him as a doctor instead.


I am surprised your Mom has not scared that baby half to death!!
Brad is laughing, I think he finds her look funny.
I know one thing, she spends more time with Brad than she did with any of her own kids when they were that age!!!


Working on your Athletic skill?
Yes, I actually enjoy running and plan to go jogging later.


So where are you jogging to?
The other side of town.
Are you jogging there and back that seems like a long way
No I'll probably come back on the subway it is getting late and I need to watch the time for curfew.


I am hungry, I think I'll eat in the hotel cafe before I head back
Am I seeing things that looks like Sugar.
This is Candy, she is Sugar and Lacey's Mom, all three of them look too much alike I think it is kind of spooky.
Your supposed to be eating not nattering.


Your in big trouble now, have you seen the time!!
It's past curfew - Oh no!!
Your getting another ride home in a police car.


Yeah and Cory is just going to love this!!


I just knew it would be Cory and not Mom.
He is carrying on like he has never been brought back after curfew!!!
He did once with me remember after prom.
Yes I know I think he has forgotten that!!!


He has grounded me and told me I should do some chores around here, I wouldn't mind but I do more chores round here than anyone else anyway!!!!
Do a bit of grovelling tomorrow and he will probably let you off.


Ouch the little monster just bit my nose.
Well it is big enough!!
Don't remind me!!


What is wrong with Cory now?
I told you - he has gone power crazy I was only trying to go to school!!
And he is yelling at your for that???


"I am going to school you stupid idiot!!"
"Don't talk to me like that, and I think you were trying to sneak out, you are grounded remember!!"
"I was going to school have you seen the time stupid!!"
"The bus isn't even here yet - I think you were sneaking out."


"Is there a law now that says I can't wait on the drive for the school bus??"
"You stop in here till you hear it beeping - move before that and your in big trouble!!"
"Your not my Dad SO BACK OFF!!!"


I didn't hear the school bus.
It is not here yet.
So what on earth are you doing?
Taking the mickey - I am sneaking off to school early
And just what is the point of that?
There isn't one, but doing the oposite to what he says just makes me feel better!!


After school - Cory is out on the drive waiting for Cain's return

"What Now Cory??!!"
"Where have you been?"
"School where do you think!!"
"Your late school finished an hour and a half ago, your grounded remember"
"I was asked to stay late to help fix the boiler ok!!!"
"Did you even go to school today?"
"Ask Angel if you don't believe me!!"


Man he has grounded me again!!
Did he forget you were already grounded?
No he didn't he's extended it to my birthday!!


Oh heck!!!
Yeah you kind of worked into that one didn't you!!
He is going to kill me now!!!


Next time it might teach you to knock before you go barging into their bedroom!!!
I am going out onto the balcony to paint, its the only place that there is an easel.


Maybe you should get it moved so you don't walk in on them again!!
Yeah I think I should!!


Oh here he comes!!!

"Just what is wrong with you Cain, are you trying on purpose to wind me up?"
"Do you seriously think I walked in on you on purpose!!??"
"Well I hope not!!!"


It's about time you two talked properly about how you are feeling, all you two seem to do lately is argue.
I know but I am still grounded
You havent asked to be let off that's why
I am not going to beg him its only a few days to my birthday so I am not bothered!!


I can keep myself amused, talking to my friends online.
So who are you talking to?
Apricot.


First Brad had his birthday the day before mine.  He has Sugars skin colour and Cody's hair colour.
I notice he has your Dads eye colour.


Then it was my turn.


No more school - no more homework - no more Cory thinking he can tell me what to do.


So have you thought about what job you might want to do?
No I haven't even given it a thought yet.

-----------------
-----------------

Reading back this chapter  Cory looks pretty mean doesn't he but he isn't really - he just took on the parenting roll as Lacey just doesn't really seem to care much what the boys are up to!!

1 comment:

  1. Cory does seem to take parenting to a new level for this family. But Cain walking in on them is just funny. I suppose he had that talk coming after that. :D

    ReplyDelete