Saturday 14 January 2012

Chapter 1 - Gen 4 - Cain

Why did I have to be the ugly one????


I hate looking at my face in the mirror.  My brothers and sisters are all pretty good looking, they take after Dad, me I take after mom with the big ears and the big nose - why me, I hate it!!!! 


Life is not good around here at the moment, within the space of weeks both my Granddad and Dad have died and I swear my Mom has gone barmy because of it - I ask you she told me I had a wish fairy!!!! 
Cain she is not barmy, you do have a wish fairy - me!!
What the ........???
Did your Mother not tell you that I might talk to you?
No!!  Get out of my head I don't like it!!!
Sorry you are stuck with me till you have achieved your life time wish or until your child takes over as heir, so I am afraid you are just going to have to get used to me being here.


So you recon your life sucks at the moment.
Yeah but it is not just at home either, I am really hating this term at school.
Your getting an A grade so it doesn't look like you dislike school.
It's my teacher, my oldest sister Angel, well she is my half sister, we share the same Dad and while I am upset about his death, I haven't seen her shed one single tear, its like she doesn't care that our Dad just died.
She probably does care, she is not going to show it at school and since your Dad married your Mother, your Dad and Angel were not so close, they never sorted the bad feeling out between them.


Since Dad died my Mom has been behaving pretty strangely.
I noticed her mixing that bowl of food all round the house for hours, I thought it was quite funny.
Has she gone barmy?
No she is just grieving, she will get over it eventually.


The thing that is worrying us all is where she has started sleeping.
Outside on a bench by all the family headstones, I noticed she is there all the time.
She won't come in Cody and Kai have both tried.


It is understandable that she is broken hearted and hanging around your Dads headstone is not going to bring him back, but she will realise that soon enough.
She is out there day and night the only time she seems to move is to go to work or come into the house to do something stupid.
Just give her time she will be back to her normal self before long.


So it's just you boys now.
Yes Casey has moved out, she has gone to live with Benji, I don't quite understand why.
They are a lot alike, both gay, both hate children, both have commitment issues, they get on well together.  Benji has now lost both his parents and rattles round in that big house all by himself so Casey is keeping him company.
We do really have one very strange family, don't we!!!


Why strange?  
There is eight of us kids - Benji, Angel, Cody, Kai and Casey are all gay, only Cory and Jasmine are straight.
What about you?
I don't have a clue what I am yet.    My brothers and sisters being gay does not both me, but Cory absolutely hates it.  He does not get on with any of our brothers and sisters because of it,  just me, I am the only one that Cory ever speaks to and if I turn out to be gay, no doubt he will fall out with me too.
So is that why he is so quiet and moody all the time, and sits in the sand pit for hours on his own looking like he is depressed.
Yes he hates all the gay stuff going on around here.


This is a strange time to have a wedding!!
Cody and Jaamal had been planning a big wedding before Dad died, but because of him dying and nobody really being in the mood for a wedding they decided to just do it quietly with just us here.  
I suppose it was probably for the best because of how Kai and Cory performed during the ceremony. 
I am surprised Cody stayed for so long before he stormed off saying "I can't watch this shit!!" loud enough for everyone to hear. 
Kai got upset too didn't he.
He has feeling for Jaamal himself and I half expected him to stop the wedding, but he didn't, he just made enough noice to let everyone know how he felt.


I don't think Kai running off his frustration helped him much.  
Cody and Jaamal are moving out tomorrow - I think it is the best thing for everyone - I don't think Cody trusts Kai being around Jaamal and Cory is bound to start arguments with them if he sees them kissing and stuff.


I have decided that my Life Time Wish is Physical Perfection.  I need to max Athletics and Martial Arts to achieve it, which I have already made a start on.
That's is the same Life Time Wish as your Granddad Blake had.


Maybe you should try the treadmill first, you really are not strong enough to do that yet!!!


Dad's ghost has been coming out every single night since he died.
I actually find this fairly strange ghosts don't generally come out so often, especially when they have only just died, it usually takes them a while before they put in an appearance.  
It has been pretty disturbing and prolongs the upset, and really is not helping my Mom very much.


I think that she thinks that they can carry on like he is still here, that he didn't die and that he isn't a ghost, it's pretty gross!! 
He doesn't seem to be able to keep away from her either.
I know, I had noticed.


We are always catching them together - I dread to think what they are actually doing together that we are not seeing.  Me, Kai and Cory would love to move all the headstones to the graveyard, there are way too many ghosts wandering around this place at night.
I doubt very much that your Mom will agree to that, I doubt she will let you take your Dads gravestone away.
She won't and went mad when we suggested it, we will just have to wait a while.


That is the first time I have seen your Mom laugh for ages.
She is getting better slowly - Kai always makes her laugh, because they both love gossiping about people, I don't see the fascination myself!!


Now your Mom and Cory are having cross words.
Yes, Kai wants to move his boyfriend in but Cory is not happy as he wants to move in his girlfriend Sugar and says he doesn't want another gay couple in the house.
There is room for them both to move in isn't there.


There is room but Cory doesn't want Mango living here and has told Mom if she lets him move in he will move out.
I wander how she is going to sort this one out?
Cory will win, he has used a little emotional blackmail that she really can not say no to.
What would that be?


They think Sugar is pregnant - she is throwing up in the bathroom as we speak.
Oh I see!!
Yes, the baby will be living here so of course Cory is going to win and get his way, Sugar will move in and Mango won't!!


So Lacey Orchid, I noticed she phones you a lot, is she going to be your girlfriend?
No, she is Sugar's sister and I think she only asked me to prom because Cory put her up to it.
Well she must like you she keeps phoning you and she is actually showing as a romantic interest for you.
Only because she kissed me at prom, but I am not really bothered about her that much


Who is that creepy guy, this isn't the first time I have seen him hanging around outside.
That is Leon, he isn't actually creepy, he is your Mom's old boyfriend.
Old boyfriend?
Yes, she broke his heart when she started cheating on him with your Dad.


I think he found out your Dad died as I know he has phoned your Mom a few times since, she has spoken to him on the computer too.
Isn't he married by now?
No I don't think he ever got over your Mom, he stayed single.
Oh, you don't think they might get back together do you?
I don't know what she is going to wish for but there are no signs of it yet.


What is he doing?
Kai has given his IF potion that will turn him real.
IF?
It might be a little hard for you to understand as you did not receive an IF Doll when you were a baby.  Some babies like Kai receive one and it grows up with them, only the child can see the doll and Kai has had his wandering around all the time, he made a potion on the chemistry table that will turn his real.


This is mental!!
You can see his IF now can't you?
Yes it is like a giant doll.
That is what Kai has been able to see and nobody else has.


Am I dreaming?
No, Boinky is now real.
Boinky?
Yes that's his name.


Mom is talking to him like she knows.
She does, she has one of her own called Hesper and even though she has the potion she has never wished to turn her doll real like Kai did.
Why did I never have an IF Doll?
I don't know - some do some don't I really can not explain the ins and outs of it, all I know is they arrive in the post, who sends them, I don't have a clue.


I am not really sure what happened with Kai and Boinky but they moved out.
I know, I am not sure why but they suddenly realised they didn't like each other very much, Boinky had some clashing traits with Kai, ironically, commitment issues and disliking children, so Kai moved into Mango's and Boinky now lives with Benji and Casey, the three of them should get on like a house on fire!!!


You are going to be an Uncle then.
Yes Sugar and Cory are having a baby.


What is with the face?
All the fuss they are making over the baby and it isn't even here yet.
Or is it sour grapes because you have always been the baby up till now.
No!!! but Mom is going OTT!!!


Your Mom is excited, even though she has six kids there are only two maybe three of you going to give her grandchildren and its the best thing to distract her from moping over your Dad.
Yeah well she is still going OTT!!


Look at you being the good little boy and doing housework!!
I have the Neat trait like Dad did, and since he went there is only me who does anything around here!!!


You have a visitor I think downstairs.
Who?
Lacey is talking to your Mom.
That will be Sugar calling her to come round.


They are always in my ear trying to get me to see her, I swear Cory is just trying to push her onto me because he is scared I might be gay.
Well why don't you spend time with her?
I have told you I don't wish to and besides don't you think its a little creepy that she looks just like Sugar, when they were both teenagers it was hard to tell them apart.
I suppose.


Cain it would actually help me to know if you are gay or straight.
Why?  Not you too - does it really matter?!
Well not normally but in your case its important, your Mom explained your family wish legacy to you didn't she?
Yes she did why?
Well you need to make the next generation by having a baby and if you are gay it could cause us a problem and if you are then I will need to think of what we are going to do about it and how we are going to get round it.


Look - I don't know yet - OK - as soon as I know I will let you know, now buzz off and let me do my homework, you are getting on my nerves!!!!



--------------
-------------

2 comments:

  1. Lol. I like Cain and he's not that ugly. I like Cory too I feel like he's the misunderstood child of the bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Cory he is my favourite if i could have had a choice he would have been heir :) But still like you said Cain is kinda cute :)

    ReplyDelete