Friday 24 February 2012

Chapter 14 - Gen 4 - Cain

"Well, I don't know what to say I am still in shock!!"
"You seriously expect us to believe you didn't know we existed."
"No I didn't Alex, your mother told me she was not pregnant then she left town."
"Well I don't believe any of you!!"
"Shut up Alex!!"


"Ignore him Dad he's a cretin - Mom has told us you didn't know about us -  Alex just likes to cause trouble, he is not happy unless he is moaning about something!!"

Adam seemed really friendly and pretty much excited about the situation, he was already calling me Dad and I really didn't expect that from any of them just yet.


I was struggling to know what to say to them and when they all started talking at the same time I felt like I was going to pass out.


I could see that Alex was going to be a problem after a few minutes he just wandered off and it looked to me like he was in a right mood.


I was left with just Adam and Amber.  Adam was doing most of the talking Amber was just really quiet she stood there listening without any sort of impression on her face.


Adam suprised me by hugging me - at least I didn't have to worry about him, he seemed pretty happy with it all.


Amber finally started to talk, she seemed quiet and timid, fragile even.  After talking to Amber and Adam for a while I decided to track down Alex, the bad feeling he had need to be sorted out and quickly.


"So come on Alex what is your problem?"
"What do you think?"
"I don't know - you tell me."
"You - you can't just barge in here and start being my Dad."


"Do you think I wanted this - far from it!!  I am never going to forgive your mother for hiding you three away from me, but unfortunately  I am your Dad and you are just going to have to learn to put up with it.  We all don't like what has happened here but we are all going to have to put up the situation and make the most of it."
"I can not believe you just blamed mom for this."
"I didn't blame your Mom, I just said I would never forgive her, I know this is mainly my fault if I had not had an affair with your mother then none of this would have happened, but then you three wouldn't be here, so I am glad it did happen, I just wished I had known about you three from the beginning."
"What would you have done if you had known about us?"
"I don't know I can't say now what I would have done back then regarding your mother and Apricot, but I definitely would have been there for you, but I was never given that chance was I!!  You might have know about me but I never had a clue the three of you existed."

We came to an agreement that he would at least try to give me a chance, the three of them were all coming to live with me and we would have to see how it goes.  Reece was here if Alex really couldn't hack it, its not what I wanted but if he had to live with Reece the option was there.


Taking them home was going to be hard - how on earth was I going to do this?  The triplets were at school and Apricot had gone to work, so I took them home and let them settle in and have a wander around before all the fun started when my wife and other kids came home.  I was sat waiting for the kids when they came back from school.


 They were shocked obviously when I told them suddenly they had another 2 brothers and sisters and I had to explain why and what happened, there was no way of avoiding telling them the truth when there was only two days in age between the two sets of triplets

"Mom is going to go mad!!!"
"Yeah I know - but that's for me to worry about not you!!"
"You are not going to fall out because of this are you?
"Genie I hope not - but I need you to do me a favour and try to be sensible about this."
"I'll try."
"It is not going to be easy for any of us and I think Amber might need looking after she seems a little delicate at the moment, don't forget this has all been a shock for them too they have had to move town and their mother died, Alex might be a problem too he has a bit of an attitude problem."


The test was going to be how they all got on together - 6 teenagers in the house was going to be hard work enough without any animosity between them.


Kelly was pretty amused by it all, the girls a lot more thoughtful - I wander who is going to cause the most problems the boys or the girls - I put my bet on the boys with Alex's attitude, although I couldn't really see Adam and Kelly having a problem with each other, but only time would tell.


I had been trying to sort out the dishwasher that had leaked all over the kitchen floor, losing track of time Apricot came back from work and walked into a madhouse.

"Are the kids having a sleepover or something, there are extra kids everywhere."
"Not exactly, although they will all be sleeping here, Apricot, I have something to tell you that you are really not going to be happy about."
"What have you done?"
"They are my kids."
"WHAT??!!"


"Please listen to me before you start shouting!!"
"Your Kids - I don't believe this - and you said kids - just how many are we talking about?"
"Three - another set of triplets."
"WHO? WHEN? Have you been cheating on me again??!!!"
"No they are Cherry's, she lied when she told me she was not pregnant."
"Please tell me that bitch is not here too"
"Well yes and no - she died - Reece has put her headstone with the other graves."
"She's dead?!"
"She turned up at Mom's about 8 months ago looking for me, she was ill, she knew she was dying so she wanted me to take the kids so they didn't go into care.  They have been at Moms for the last 8 months - Cherry died 6 months ago, Reece says Mom thought it best they did their grieving for their mother before they came to me so she kept them there and didn't tell me, I was pretty angry when Reece told me but know I have thought about it she probably did the right thing for all of us, especially you."
"I don't believe it - this is just insane!!"


"I can't believe it neither - please don't be mad with me, this is going to be hard enough without us two fighting and arguing!!"
"They are going to be living here I take it."
"Yes, I am sorry I know you probably don't want this!!"
"I am not happy about it!!"
"I'm sorry but they are my kids I can't turn my back on them and Cherry only did exactly what you did - ran away and hid them - only I came after you otherwise I would have had two sets of triplets out there that I wouldn't have known about!!"
"OK I know you don't have to keep reminding me of what I did, this has happened because of what you did and I know its not the kids fault - this is all your fault!!"
"I'm sorry!!!"
"In a way I am relieved they are Cherry's I thought for a moment there you had been cheating on me again!!"
"I promised you I wouldn't, you know our three are only two days older than the other three - I had to to tell our three the truth about what happened."
"You didn't!!!"
"Don't worry I didn't tell them what you did.  I can't believe that I have six kids and haven't held or even seen any of them as a baby - I have had enough punishment for what I did, don't you think!!"


"We don't have room for that baby we have been trying for now do we?"
"Not really - see I am still being punished, so please I don't need you to do it too!!"
"I'll try not to be too mad with you!!"
"This is going to be hard work!!"
"Six teenager together, I hope you know you will be the one sorting out all the problems we are going to get!!"
"Thanks!!"
"So are you going to tell me their names?"


Watching Apricot she was pretty fascinated with the new additions to our family.  I would love to know what was going through her head.  I am relieved that she wasn't mad with me like I thought she might be, but I knew it was not going to be easy for her.


"So who does he look like?"
"My Dad."
"I do have a name you know!!"
"Alex please don't take your frustration out on Apricot, this is mine and your mothers fault not hers!!"
"Sorry!!"


Amber seemed to be trying extra hard to get to know Apricot, maybe it was a mother she needed more than a Dad.  Amber I think will be the hardest one for Apricot to get used to she looks so much like Cherry, its frightening.  I am sure she does not want to be reminded everyday about Cherry and what we did, I definitely didn't, but unfortunately we have the kids here now as a constant reminder.  I am really scared that Apricot won't cope with that!!


Apricot was struggling more with the fact that we had no room now for another baby.  We both wanted one, but there really was no way that we could have one at the moment, it would have to wait until some of the kids had grown up and moved out.  Even though I have six kids somehow I don't feel like a proper Dad, I never got to hold them as babies and I am really beginning to struggle with that.


When the six teenagers came out of school it was like a herd of elephants coming through the door.  I was actually pretty surprised how they actually all settled down together, even Alex was trying and didn't cause any trouble other than the odd snipe which everyone ignored, the only one to be causing any trouble was the one I least expected it from.  Only 5 of them were coming home after school at night.


Kelly started to stop out of the house.  He would go off in the morning and return home at night sometimes after curfew and sometimes in a police car.  That's when I found out he had been skipping school and not going to his after school job.  Kelly and Ashley, his girlfriend, had both been skipping school together and doing god knows what.  He obviously must have thought I would be far too busy with our three new arrivals to even notice what he was getting up to.


"You are grounded - I really don't believe you thought you could skip school and work and think I wouldn't notice!!!!  These rides home in a police car are going to stop too because you won't be going out again after school until you graduate!!"
"Please Dad I promise I won't do it again, I'm sorry, please if you let me off I won't do it again!!"


"No chance!!"
"Please Dad!!"
"NO!!! and don't ask again, if it has been just one thing I might have let you off but its skipping school, not turning up to work, breaking curfew - and you still haven't told me what you have been doing!!"
"I've only been at Ashley's house."
"Doing what? - actually, NO, I don't think I want to know - Well you won't be going to Ashley's again till after you graduate!!"


"Ashley I have been grounded, my Dad was mad!!"
"How long have you been grounded for?"
"He says till after graduation - it sucks!!"
"He didn't ban you from seeing me did he?"
"No he just said I couldn't go round to yours again till after graduation."
"Well I will just have to come to yours instead then."


I am not too far away from achieving my life time wish, only half a level to go with my martial arts and I will be there. 


So I really need to start thinking about who out of my six children I would be picking to carry on with the family wishacy and be the 5th generation heir



---------------
---------------

4 comments:

  1. It does seem that he's got a houseful now at least he didn't have two sets of toddler triplets that would have been a nightmare. Aw, Kelly is been getting into trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is too wrapped up in his girlfriend goes to her house after school virtually every night instead of going to his job, he stays there after curfew till i either drag him out or he is kicked out when they go to bed and he skips school too if i dont watch him to make sure he gets there he is a very naught boy lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly sure is a naughty boy.....lol Man what a houseful and all teenagers to boot. At least it is better than having them all while they were toddlers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is - but he has this cheeky grin so you can not help be mad with him for too long lol

    ReplyDelete