Wednesday 8 February 2012

Chapter 5 - Gen 4 - Cain

Escaping the coming drama at home between Leon and my Mom, and taking a vacation in Egypt seemed like a good idea at the time.  From the minute the plane landed I wanted to go home, I am not really sure why, but I stuck it out anyway.  Sleeping in a tent is not one of the best experiences I have ever had.


 I am not really sure I was supposed to be swimming in the fountain in the middle of the market square but no body said anything when I dived in to cool down from the heat.


The wildlife in Egypt was pretty strange.


But the maddest thing I came across was an angry snake.


It bite me, I don't think it liked me trying to wake it up.


My problem was Apricot - I couldn't stop thinking about her - it was actually starting to drive me mad.  Mad enough to have me phoning her two or three times a day.


Of course I didn't get a break from the fame thing either, this was also bugging me, everywhere I went, photo's and autographs - this was worse than I had it at home!!!!!


I got the opportunity to do a job for someone and a bit of tomb raiding.  I don't like the look of that skeleton!!


I did not really get very far


before I started to think about Apricot again.


and I decided I couldn't take it any longer and was going to go home early.  I didn't complete the tomb.


When I got home my little brother had had his birthday and was now a toddler.  Leon was not too talkative and did not look too happy and there was no sign of my Mom anywhere.


I was not sticking around to find out either - I have never been so happy to sleep in my own bed.


When I got up the next morning though I guessed the bomb had landed because the house had gone to pot, which was not normal, the house was always perfectly clean and tidy again since Leon moved in.


 I wanted to see Apricot so I went round to her house.  As it was the weekend I decided to spend the day with her and taught her how to drive.


After spending such a good day with Apricot, I went home in a good mood, only to walk into a war zone.  Just as I thought it had come out - Leon knew about Mom and River.  Mom and Leon were fighting.


Mom and Leon were constantly screaming and shouting at each other, oblivious that they are scaring poor Reece half to death with their fighting.


What a nightmare.


I took Reece outside with some toys where we could  get some peace from all the screaming and shouting and I started painting to pass the time away.  I actually enjoyed painting so much I spent the rest of the day outside painting one small picture after another.


"Don't do that again Cain you scared us half to death!!"
"What?!"
"You just took off with Reece without a word, Leon was beside himself we looked all over for him."
"Well it took you virtually all day to notice he was missing, you were too busy screaming and shouting at each other, you were both scaring the poor kid half to death so don't tell me off for taking care of the kid!!"


"You two need to sort your heads out - you are going to traumatise Reece if you carry on like you are!!"
"I am trying but Leon is really upset and angry at the moment."
"Who's fault is that Mom!!??"
"I know, don't you start!!"
"I am not - just get it sorted me and Reece are sick of the racket!!"


I started to do a lot of painting as soon as it was light the next day I was outside painting.  I suddenly decided that painting was going to be what I did for a living -  I was going to become a self employed painter.


I really don't understand what is going on between Leon and Mom, I am just glad we are getting some peace at last.  Leon came home from work, marched up to Mom and broke up with her - he said it was over.


I walked out and left them to it, there was 10 minutes of screaming and shouting from the both of them then silence - an eerie silence that made me go into check that they had not murdered each other.  I was pretty surprised when I went in to find them lips locked and making out.


Deciding on being a self employed Painter meant I had to go and sign some papers at the town hall to finalize things.  When I came out of the town hall  I spotted Lacey outside the stadium so went over to talk to her.   I hadn't seen her since school and had completely forgotten that we were romantically linked at one point.  One thing led to another and we ended up watching a movie together then went to the Bistro to eat.


I am not really sure how it happened but I found myself suddenly on a date, that didn't really bother me very much, it was when she started flirting with me and I found myself flirting back I started to wander what I was doing, all I really wanted was to be friends with Lacey but I had the feeling she wanted more than that.   I found an excuse to leave and went home.


I don't know where my head was at last night, I should have told Lacey that I just wanted to be friends - I need to sort that out with her and quickly.  Today its Apricot's birthday at last - but so is it Leon's, my Mom's and Reece's, typical they would all fall on the same day!!!


I went out jogging via Lacey's house.  She was pleased to see me until she heard what I had to say.  She didn't take it too well when I told her I just wanted to be friends with her.


"Why Cain?"
"I can't believe you even asked that, we kissed once at prom when we were stupid kids, if anything was meant to happen between us it would have happened already - I haven't seen you since school, to be honest,  I even forgot you existed!!"
"Well that's very nice, couldn't you at least give us a chance its not like you are seeing anyone!!"
"No but I am hoping to, I have liked someone for a long time and ..."
"Who? who Cain?"
"If you really must know, it's Apricot"
"Not Mandarine Please anyone else but her!!"
"Yes, I am sorry Lacey, I love Apricot!!"

She kicked me out.


"Are you sure you can't make it round for my birthday."
"You know I can't Apricot as much as I would love to be there."
"I know, I was just checking!!"
"If they weren't all having birthdays here I would be round."
"Tomorrow then?"
"Yes first thing in the morning I will be round promise!!"


Reece had his birthday first.


Then Leon and Mom, both of them not happy with their new elderly look.


Neither of them happy to be celebrating their birthdays.  It felt pretty strange for me to be looking at my now elderly mother, when that is the only way I remember my Dad being, elderly, and that now seemed so long ago.


My phone rang - it was Apricot.
"Happy Birthday!!"
"Forget that - why didn't you tell me you have been seeing miss lacey draws!!??"
"I haven't been seeing Lacey - and why do you two have such a problem with each other?"
"You - that's why we hate each other because of you.  Well? Do you love her?"
"NO - I don't love her, I don't even like her very much, Apricot where is all this coming from?"
"This evenings newspaper, the new romance in town you and miss frilly knickers!!"
"It's all rubbish!!"
"You have been seen out together!!"
"Once last night we actually bumped into each other by the stadium, watched a movie, then ate at the Bistro - just as friends.  That was the first time I have seen her since school"
"Today seen sneaking into her house."
"Oh PLEASE - is that really what it says - if you really must know I went to put her straight, she flirted with me last night and I ran - I totally forgot we were once romantically linked because of one stupid kiss at prom - I went to break any romantic connection we have between us I didn't want it messing things up for me."
"Messing what up for you?"
"You stupid!!"


"Me?"
"Yes, I went to tell her I just wanted to be her friend because I love you."
"REALLY?"
"Yes really!!"



---------------
---------------
I thought it was very cute how Cain kept thinking about Apricot and kept phoning her on free will - I can not say i have seen an adult sim obsessing so much over a teenage sim before.   I am not even sure why Cain wished to go to Egypt because as soon as he got there he wished to return home.  I ignored  it and a few sim hours later he rolled it again.  I ignored it 3 times then got fed up of him keep wishing to for it and sent him home.  I had to laugh I sat waiting and waiting for Cain to roll a wish related wish - and when when finally came - it was so not what I expected - his first work related wish was to join a painting career!!!  He is not artistic so where that came from I dont know!!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, too bad he didn't like traveling. It is odd that he wanted to be a painter.

    ReplyDelete