Saturday 11 February 2012

Chapter 7 - Gen 4 - Cain

I was totally mesmerised by her face - she was beautiful - well I thought so anyway.  We started talking, she told me her name is Cherry Peeled.


I started to ask her all sorts of silly questions - things that I shouldn't be interested in, I already have a girlfriend.  This is just going to cause trouble for me I can tell.  We have compatible star signs.


She is also single.  Good but not good for me, I was hoping she would say she was married or had a boyfriend so I could just walk away, this just turned a green light  on for me, made it too easy to do what I wanted to do, what I shouldn't be doing - falling for her big style!!! 


We talked for quite a while, Apricot was the last thing on my mind, I wanted to kiss her and I didn't care!!  Suddenly, after a bit of flirting by her and by me, she said she had to go, she was tired and it was getting late, she hugged me and left and I just stood there like a fool, swaying on my feet, watching her leave and wandering how I was going to get to see her again.


Oblivious that I was being watched by Apricots sister Millie and also my sister Jasmine.  Jasmine was stood really close to me and I had no idea she was there - I was away with the fairys - but Jasmine had seen everything we did and heard everything we had said.

"Cain"
"HELLO - earth to Cain"


"C A I N"
"Oh hi sis"
"Where is your head at and what the hell are you playing at?"
"Nothing"
"So what was all that with Cherry?"
"You know her?"
"Yeah - I thought you had a girlfriend already."
"I do."
"Well you won't have for much longer if you carry on doing what I just saw you doing."
"Listen to you, if you had followed your own advice Benji wouldn't have had his heart broken would he."
"Shut up Cain - don't say I didn't warn you when it comes back to slap you in the face - because it will - I know!!"


When I got home I headed straight to bed, saw Apricot sleeping in our bed and decided to sleep in another room.  I knew I was not going to sleep very well.  My mind was racing, I couldn't stop thinking about Cherry - what on earth am I going to do, I love Apricot but Cherry has gotten right under my skin.


After a short nap I was awake again, my head was too busy to let me sleep.


Knowing I was wasting my time trying to sleep I got, wandered off downstairs and outside and started painting.  I was miles away deep in thought, Apricot came up behind me.

"Hey what are you doing do you know what time it is  - why didn't you come to bed?"
She went to put her arms around me and I pulled away - totally the wrong thing to do - way to go Cain, just make her suspisious why don't you.  I am not really sure why I had done it, its not like I didn't want her to touch me - far from it.
"Cain?"
The look of confusion on her face nearly killed me.


As soon as I had done it I felt awful.

"I am sorry Apricot, I just have a lot on my mind, I didn't mean to take it out on you!!"
"Are you going off me?"
"Don't be silly, I am sorry, like you said its late and I was miles away you just made me jump a bit that's all."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, come with me."  I held out my hand "You can take me to bed."


I did the only think I could do to stop her from being suspicious and stop her from worrying that I was going off her like she thought.  But still afterwards she didn't look too happy.


Trying to finish the painting off that I had started during the night, set my brain going again, I was finding it hard to concentrate.  I decided to go jogging.


Before I even realised what I was doing I found myself stood outside Cherry's house, debating on ringing the doorbell.  Deciding not to, I can't do it to Apricot, I need to get Cherry right out of my head.   I carried on jogging making my way to the other side of town, I wanted to go swimming.


I bumped into Keylime who asked me for my autograph, it always makes me laugh when people I already know and are friends with suddenly ask me for my autograph.


 We got talking but before long we were disturbed by my phone ringing.



I answered my phone without looking to see who it was.

"Cain?"
"Yes"
"Is my doorbell not working."
"What?"
"I saw you come to my house, but you just left again, did you change your mind?"
"Cherry!!"

She had seen me - how embarrassing!!


"Well, Did you change your mind?"
"Sorry I was called away to do something."  I lied.
"Well do you want to hang out, I have nothing planned for the rest of the day."
"I'm sorry Cherry I have a girlfriend and I don't think its a good idea."
"Don't trust yourself?" she started to laugh
"Something like that!!"
"I was only joking Cain!!"
"I'm not."


When I got home Apricot was already dressed for work even though it was hours before she was due to start.

"Hey I thought you didn't start till 9pm."
"I don't I was popping into to see my parents on the way."
"Go tomorrow, stay with me for a bit, I haven't seen you all day."
"Are you ok?"
"Yeah, I just missed you that's all!"

I just hope she can't see through my guilty conscience, and I hadn't really done anything to feel guilty about YET - but still I felt guilty.


We went outside to watch the stars together.


We talked and had a giggle and for a while I actually forgot about Cherry, my head was free of her for the first time since I had met her.


Kissing goodbye to Apricot just before she left for work and Cherry came back again into my head.  It is never a good sign when you imagine you are kissing someone other than who you are actually kissing.



Trying to keep myself amused after Apricot left for work, I tried working out.  That didn't work.


Reading a book - no chance - I couldn't concentrate.  Sod it - there is only one way I am ever going to get this out of my system!!


Before I knew it I was there ringing her doorbell, and probably about to make a mistake I was going to regret.


Neither of us spoke, there was no need for words, we both wanted the same thing and I could tell she did too by the way she was kissing me.


"You changed your mind then?"
"Yes."


The second time we started kissing each other there was no going back, for me anyway.


 "What about your girlfriend?"


"Please don't spoil it - not yet!!"


The doorbell rang.

"I should get that."
"Ignore it."
"I can't, it might be important."
"Remember I can't let anyone see me here!"
"I know, don't worry I'll get rid of them."


It turned out to be just a nosey neighbour, who she told she was just off to bed, after all it was 2am in the morning, a little too late to be getting visitors anyway.


"I got rid of her, now where were we?"
"Cherry I should be going."
"Do you have to?."
"I'm sorry, I don't want to go but I have to, it's 3am she is going to be wander where I am."


"I'll phone you."
"Don't leave it too long!!"
"I won't."


I crept into the house, the last thing I expected was Apricot up and waiting for me.

Don't you touch me you pig!!"
"What?"
"Its 4am where have you been?"
"Dance club."
"Your lying!!"


"Who is Cherry?"
"What?!"
"You see I am getting a little sick of hearing her name!!"
"What are you on about?"  
"Millie saw you flirting with her at the bistro, and your Jasmine, I spoke to her and she admitted it eventually, she did try to cover for you at first."


"You were at Cherry's house weren't you!!"
"What makes you think that?"
"Getting home to find your Pap and my Pap sniggering at me."
"So our pap's sniggering makes you think I was at Cherry's house?"
"No they told me stupid!!! - I knew there was something wrong when you pushed me away - you have been cheating on me Cain HAVEN'T YOU!!"
"Just Calm down."
"NO I WON'T CALM DOWN!!!"


"OK OK - I'll tell you the truth but will you just please calm down!!"
"You had better make this good Cain or we are so over!!"

Boy am I in big trouble!!!!


------------
------------
Cherry Peeled - do you got it sraina!! lol
Cherry is actually Cherry Marmalade - turned into an ugli fruit. :)

1 comment:

  1. Once I saw that her name was Cherry, but she doesn't look like Cherry in the eyes to me. But boy is he in trouble but then he's mother was a bit of trouble herself so I guess he gets it from somewhere. :D

    ReplyDelete