Thursday 18 August 2016

Chapter 30 - Gen 7 - Cello

The days became a blur of feeding and nappy changing with the sound of four babies crying constantly ringing through the house.  Before I know it two weeks have passed by in a flash.

I am constantly tired, hardly getting any sleep and I don't have time to do anything else but to be camp out constantly in the nursery with the babies.  Four of them are very hard work, especially as it is not often that they are all sleeping at the same time, and generally when one starts crying it sets the others off.


Everyone is helping out, Jake, Granddad, Annie, Dad and Forrest, everyone except Chad who keeps well away from the babies room unless he comes in to moan at me for spending too much time with the babies, or he lurks in the background when me and Annie are both in the room together, but even then he doesn't help out.  Since the incident of Annie kissing me, he has kept a very close eye on us which is causing an atmosphere and making things very uncomfortable.

Talk of the devil and he appears.


Chad:  "When are you going to make some time for me?  You are spending way too much time with these babies!!  It is getting ridiculous!!"

I can't believe just how selfish he is being!!  I am beginning to suspect that he is like his sister, and dislikes children, because of the way he avoids having anything to do with my babies.
 
Cello:  "Seriously Chad, you are joking right!!"
Chad:  "No I'm sick of it!!"  he snaps  "You are constantly in here or asleep.  You can't even be bothered to sleep with me, always crashing in with Bradey."
Cello:  "Granddad's room is closer so I can hear them crying better, and if I'm not there he gets up and deals with the babies and it isn't fair on him at his age!"  I snap at him   "These babies are my responsibility and not going to look after themselves and if you spent more time in here helping out, you would not only see more of me, but you would know that there are six of us constantly in here running ragged and juggling babies, feeding, changing nappies, they don't give us a minutes rest ... maybe you should try helping out and changing a nappy sometime!!"



Chad:  "No chance!!  They are your brats,  the last thing I want or need is to be covered in baby sick and shit, its bad enough you stink of it all the time!!"
Cello:  "Yeah ... I notice you don't like to get your hands dirty or help out!!  Why the hell did you pick her up anyway?"  I snap at him  "You have disturbed Aria, you wake her up when she is sleeping while Rhythm is crying because he needs his nappy changing ... maybe you should do it as me and Jake have our hands full with these two."  I can see Jake frowning at me in confusion, and I know why.
Chad:  "Oh no, you go and change Rhythm's nappy!!"  he snaps then nods at the baby that I am holding  "That one is quiet, put him down then you can do it!!"
Cello:  "See you don't even know which baby is which do you!!"  I laugh at him sarcastically  "This is Rhythm, the crying blue boy is Reed ... the green boys are Rhythm and Rhyme!!"


Chad:  "Whatever!!  You just called him Rhythm!!"
Cello:  "Yeah I was testing you.  You don't give a shit do you!!  You haven't even tried to get involved with my babies, and any decent boyfriend would have done.  The only thing you care about is yourself, if you cared you would be getting involved and know which baby is which, like everyone else does." I snap at him  "DON'T call them brats again either!!  These are my children that you are insulting!!"  I snap angrily through gritted teeth, trying not to lose it with him.  "Just get your sniveling face out of my sight Chad before I punch it!!  I am not going to argue with you around the babies ... so DO ONE!!"

Chad just sucks his teeth at me and turns to put Aria back in her cot.  Dad has come to the rescue to sort out Reed.  Me and Jake both glare at Chad as he walks out of the room in a huff, thankfully without kicking off!! 

 
As I watch him storm out, I spot Forrest, who I thought was at work, standing in the room watching us.  Chad nearly knocks him flying as he barges past him.  I wandering just why I am still putting up with Chad being here.  It's not like we have any sort of relationship any more, my feelings for Mallow and the four babies arriving have put pay to that.  I guess I am just prolonging evicting him because of the trouble dumping him is going to course, waiting for Crystal to have and hand over the baby is the much easier way, even if I have to put up with his nonsense in the meantime.

Forrest:  "Trouble in paradise!"  Forrest starts laughing sarcastically  "Seriously Cello, why the hell is he still here?  This baggage is not going to help you get Mallow back!"
Cello:  "I know.  I'm working on it ..."
Forrest:  "Well work a bit harder and quicker ... the sooner you get rid, the sooner we can get some peace and quiet around here!!  And I hate to tell you, keeping a hold of that baggage you are setting yourself up for more trouble, which is already brewing!!"  I frown at him  "Annie's time is nearly up and she's getting very restless!!  She has told me and your Dad, she is not leaving this house or the babies with you until HE has completely gone!!  Maybe I also need to remind you, the longer all this goes on, the longer both Annie and Chad are here, the least likely Mallow will ever trust, believe or forgive you.  This needs sorting out NOW Cello, for Mallow's sake if nothing else, because he is barely holding it together ..."

Aria starts to cry and Forrest automatically picks her up. 




Cello:  "What's wrong with Mallow?"
Forrest:  "What do you think ... stupidly he loves you and you have totally wrecked him with all this shit!!   Not only do I have to put up with your shit at home, I have to see the effects of it at work and it's not pretty!!"  he snaps at me  "Mallow is very lucky he still has a job right now, because of the way he is carrying on!!  Anyone else would have had the sack by now ... but I know he was a decent hard working guy until you turned him over!!"
Cello:  "Aren't you supposed to be at work right now, have you just come home to have a pop at me because Mallow is slacking?"
Forrest:  "Yes as it goes I have!!"  he snaps  "Thanks to you, I've just had to take him and his sister home, after a trip to the hospital, and give them both a week off with pay.  I've had to give River time off to baby sit him because we couldn't trust him to be left alone, the state he is in."  I frown at him  "He turned up for work like a pathetic drunk, he could hardly talk or stand, because he is totally smashed out of his face ...."
Cello:  "Mallow doesn't drink!  Why the hospital?"
Forrest:  "Well he does now ... and it's all your fault!!  You have driven him to it!!  He is trying to drink himself into oblivion just so he can get you out of his head!!  He fell and split his head open on the way into work, he was a right bloody mess when he turned up, at first we thought he had been attacked."  he snaps quite nastily  "You don't even see what you have done, or continue to do to him, do you - you have totally destroyed him!!  Your thug hasn't helped either, he's been at him again and filling his head with shit.  I've just had to try and put him straight while he's been crying all over me ... Mallow has totally lost the plot thanks to you!!"
Cello:  "Shit!!"

he puts Aria back in her cot before he turns to me angrily, his face is like thunder.



Cello:  "What has Chad been saying to him?"
Forrest:  "That doesn't matter, I've put Mallow straight, not that it helps him much!!  What matters is that this situation has gone on for far too long!!  SORT YOUR SHIT OUT CELLO!!  TODAY before I SERIOUSLY lose it with you!!"  suddenly he starts yellling  "I want both Chad and Annie out of this house by TOMMORROW night, or you will be seeing a side of me that you really won't like!!"  he starts wagging his finger at me  "And if I even suspect you are carrying on or having sex with anyone other than Mallow, I'm going to CUT IT OFF, so you best had keep it in your trousers!!  You say you love him now prove it!!"  I hear Jake snigger as I glance at Dad who is just quietly standing there still holding Reed  " ... and don't look at your Dad, he won't help you or stop me, because he is just about done with your shit too!!"

Forrest storms out of the room, slamming the door loudly behind him, which makes me cringe as Rhythm jumps with fright in my arms.  It is rare for Forrest to lose it, so I know he is really angry, and so does Dad, who quickly puts Reed down and chases after him.

Jake:  "Oops!! I think we can safely say ... he's mad!!"
Cello:  "Yeah I think he is!!"  I mumble

I ask Jake to watch the babies for a while before I leave the nursery.  I see Dad trying to calm Forrest down out in the living room.  I walk out of the house quickly without speaking to them, I know they are not going to approve of where I am planning to go.

I head towards Mallows.



River as usual was not pleased to see me.

River:  "Just go Cello, don't you think you have done enough damage!!"
Cello:   "I need to see him ... I need to make sure he is okay!!"
River:  "No, you are not seeing him because he is far from okay!!  He is in a right state thanks to you and seeing you will just set him off and make him worse.  He is sleeping, which he hasn't been doing a lot of lately so I am not waking him up just for you to mess his head up even more!!"  she snaps at me   "Why did you have to come here, messing his life up, he was happy with Nial until you stuck your nose in!!"
Cello:  "I'm sorry!!  I didn't mean for any of this to happen.  I do love him, but he is the one who won't have anything to do with me so that we can sort this mess out!"
River:  "The only person you love is yourself, and can you blame him, you lie and cheat, he can't trust you!!  If you love him you should leave him alone so you don't hurt him any more!!"
Cello:  "Don't think this is not hurting me too because it is!!  I love Mallow and it is killing me that he won't even talk to me!!"
River:  "Really?!"  she laughs sarcastically  "So why do you still have both your thug and tart living with you?"

We talk for a while, I try to explain everything to her properly, I need her to understand, so she can at least pass a message onto Mallow.  She listens quietly then she makes me leave. 



I walk away from River, feeling lost, not knowing if she will even tell Mallow that I have been there or anything that I have said.

I go back home, not knowing what to do with myself, all four babies are asleep, I should really try and catch up on some sleep while I have the chance, but I know I am not getting any, my head is running riot.  Granddad and Jake are on baby sitting duty for a few hours, so I have some time to myself.  What Forrest and River have said about Mallow losing the plot, scares me, but it also gives me a little hope.  He obviously really loves me to get into the state he is, so if I can just get my act together, there is a chance I can win him round.

I feel awful for what I've done to Mallow mentally, and I know what Forrest is saying is the right thing to do, Chad and Annie have to go NOW, but Chad worries me.  Dumping him now before the baby is born, might have Crystal refusing to give the child to me, that is the only reason why I have been putting up with him being here, I was trying to hold out until after the baby is born.


I hear a radio suddenly start playing, I stop playing the piano and go to see who has just turned it on.  Annie is sat in the hot tub.  I stand for a moment watching her, then go to join her, she is the best one to tackle first, and I may as well get this done now.

Annie:  "Hey"  she smiles at me as I get into the hot tub  "What was with all the yelling earlier, Forrest is in a right foul mood!!  What have you done now?"
Cello:  "I like the way you think I have done something!"

I laugh at her as I lie back and close my eyes, wandering how I am going to do this without upsetting her.  That's when I feel her hand touch my leg ...
Cello:  What the hell are you doing?"  she frowns at me  "You are starting again aren't you!!  Forrest said you are getting restless because your time is running out."
Annie:  "What are you on about?"
Cello:   "You, just, trying to touch me up!"
Annie:  "Don't be stupid, I barely touched you!!"  she starts laughing  "I brushed your leg by accident, you are sitting rather close!!"
Cello:  "I don't believe you!! I know you, you'll be trying to kiss me again next!!  Jumping on me is not going to help you to continue living here so don't even bother trying to play any games."



Annie:  "Grow up Cello!!  You are not Gods gift you know and I am definitely over you!!  I wouldn't sleep with you again if you paid me to ... scared of what I might catch, we never knows where you have been!!"
Cello:  "Ouch!!"  I laugh at her sarcastically  "I want you to move out ... tomorrow."
Annie:  "WHAT!?  I've got another week left yet!!"
Cello:   "I'm sorry, its for the best, and you will only be next door.  I know you will be here all day with the babies, so it will hardly make any difference, other than where you sleep at night, in that house instead of this one!!"  I can't even look at her, because I know this is really going to upset her.   "I am serious about getting Mallow back, and I'm scared I am going to lose him completely, because this shit has gone on for far too long and he is never going to take me seriously with you still living under my roof!!"
Annie:  "You can forget it, and don't use Mallow as your excuse!!  Your thug has got to you hasn't he ... he wants me out!!"  she snaps  "Well I am telling you now ... I am NOT leaving my babies, while you are still with him and he is still here!!"
Cello:  "No ... Mallow is not an excuse, he is the reason why I am doing this!!   This has nothing to do with Chad either, because he is next.  I am dumping him later ... I want you both out tomorrow!!"

She doesn't have a chance to say anything, we hear Chad shouting my name as he comes down the basement steps.



Chad:  "What the hell are you two doing down here alone?"  he snaps as he approaches the hot tub, glaring at the both of us.  "And where the hell did you slope off to earlier?" 
Cello:   "We are only talking and not what you are about to accuse us of doing!!  So don't even start Chad!!"  I snap at him as I climb out of the hot tub.
Chad:  "Your brats are screaming their heads up upstairs, they are giving me a headache!!
Cello:  "Granddad and Jake are looking after them for a few hours, while we take a break.  I notice you didn't go in and help them out!!"
Chad:  "Why should I?  They are not my responsibility!!"
Cello:   "Call yourself a boyfriend ... any decent boyfriend would get involved with my children and make them their responsibility."
Chad:  "Whatever!!"

This makes me lose my temper!! 



Cello:  "What the hell happened to you!!  You used to be a nice, kind, fun, sweet boy - I really can not stand the person you have become!!"
Chad:  "You happened to me that's what!!"  he snaps at me
Cello:  "Well I'll do you a favour shall I ...if I am so much of a problem to you - you can get out, it's over, we are finished, I can't put up with your shit any longer!!"
Chad:  "I'm going no where ...."
Cello:  "Oh yes you are ... I'm dumping you, I have had enough, you can pack your bags and GET OUT!!"
Chad:  "So I'm guessing you and HER are carrying on again!!"  he snaps quite nastily as he points towards the hot tub.
Cello:  NO!!  I am not carrying on with Annie!!"  I snap at him  "I have just told Annie,  like I am telling you ... I want you both out of this house tomorrow!!"
 



Chad:  "You can't dump me ... my sister is having your baby remember so that we can be together!!"
Cello:   "I can dump you ... I just did!!  Just pack your bags and go!!"
Chad:  "I am not having it!!"

I know he is going to be very hard to shift and get rid of.  This is going to have to get really nasty for him to take the break up and leave.   The only way he will go probably is if I push him enough to make him walk out.  I decide to tell him the truth about everything, that should do it.

Cello:  Crystal knew the risk she was taking, and that there might be a possibility of us not staying together ..."  I start laughing  "Hell, she even tried her hardest to split us up herself!!"
Chad:   "What the hell are you on about?"
Cello:  "I may as well tell you, before she does ... you was right, me and you sister have been doing the Karma Sutra and having an affair behind your back.  She wanted me to leave you for her."
Chad:  "I don't believe you ... she wouldn't ... you are making it up!!"




Cello:  "It's the truth!!"
Chad:   "You don't do the truth!!"  he snaps
Cello:  "Well I am today!!  Go and ask Crystal if you don't believe me, in fact, go upstairs now and ask Dad or Forrest,  they will tell you ... Even Mallow will tell you, he knows.  The day you went round to his looking for me and he hit you with the saucepan, I wasn't out of town with Forrest, I was  actually over the road shagging your sister!!  How else do you think my clothes ended up in her room!!"
Chad:  "You are UNBELIEVABLE!!"  he yells at me  "WHEN did that start?  How long had we been here?" 
Cello:  "Virtually straight away, the morning after I bumped into her outside the spa, and found out you was in town.  I actually slept with Crystal before I slept with you again!!"
Chad:  "WHY MY SISTER!?"
Cello:  "Why Not!  You gave me the green light to sleep with her and you know me, I don't do quick and too the point and cant turn away anyone who throws them self at me, and she threw herself at me, she wouldn't leave me alone!!  Your sister in bed is damn hot ... it's the best sex I've ever had with a woman and I kept going back because I much prefer shagging her to you!!" 

He starts to explode then, just like I knew he would ... I pushed him on purpose, there was no need for me to say what I just did, but I did it hoping it would unhinge him enough to make him walk out!!  All I can do is take the punch that comes flying at me and wait for him to calm down a little.


I hear Annie swearing as she starts to get out of the hot tub.  I forgot for a moment that she was there, and instantly regret what I just said, while I am trying to push Chad, I really don't want to upset Annie any more than I already have.

Annie:  "You are a serious peice of work Cello!!  In a minute you are going to tell us you've been at Mallows sister!!"  she snaps
Cello:  "Hell No!!  That is one place I wouldn't go!!"
Annie:  "Please tell me you was not sleeping with Crystal, as well as Mallow, while you was going out with me!!"  she snaps angrily
Cello:  "Yes, I was ... I'm sorry!!"
Annie:  "Did you know she was pregnant when you got me to sign those papers?"
Cello:  "No, but ... I knew there might be a possibility."

She slaps me across the face very hard, adding to the pain of Chad's punch, then she screams a load of abuse in my face before storming off up the basement steps.


 Once Chad's  initial anger dies down, he starts sniveling.

Chad:  "Why?  Why have you done this to us?"
Cello:  "I'm sorry, but it's not just me, you are partly to blame too!!  You should never have followed me out here, I left you behind for a very good reason, even though it killed me at the time!!  You forced this situation into what it is, especially coming up with the stupid plan of your sister having my babies .."
Chad:  "Yeah, I should have known, you couldn't be trusted, after all you are a serial slag who has no morals!!"  he snaps.
Cello:  "Exactly you know what I'm like - and you gave me the rope to hang us with!!  I told you from the start, you being here messed everything up and forced me to go in a direction I didn't want to go in.  I do care about you and we might have made this work if you had come out here with a better attitude, but you didn't!!  You are not the person I left behind, I  really don't know how you can be so different to the Chad I used to know and love."
Chad:  "You destroyed me when you just up and left without a word."  he mumbles  "I love you and you broke me."
Cello:  "I'm sorry!!"

I don't know what else to say.  I'm weak, not only am I starting to feel guilty, he is upsetting me with his crying and I am beginning to feel sorry for him. It is taking all my strength just to stand here and not put my arms around him.


Chad:  "If I promise to change my attitude ... we can still make it work."  he snivels
Cello:  "It's too late Chad ... there are too many wrong things about this situation,  for a start, you haven't even tried to get involved with my babies.  You are like your sister aren't you, you don't like children do you?"
Chad:  "Not much."  he mumbles
Cello:  "Then we are never going to work are we - I have four and another one on the way!!  Also too much damage has been done ... especially the affair I've had with your sister, we are never going to get past that."
Chad:  "We can if we try!"
Cello:  "You might say that now, but I think you know deep down, that is never going to happen!!  She is your Sister and it will tear us apart!!  You are paranoid enough, and this will just make it worse, and if she throws herself at me again, I can't even trust myself to be faithful to you, so what hope do we have"  I sigh  "I may as well get it all out in the open now, just so you know there is no hope that we can fix this ... I'm sorry Chad, but I don't love you any more."

He looks up at me wide eyed.

Cello:  "You know what I'm like and what I do ... the reason why I have been sleeping around like an idiot again and making a mess of things is because I have fallen in love with Mallow, and it hurts like hell because, even though he loves me too, he doesn't want anything to do with me, because I've been too blinkered trying to get the babies I need and have hurt him too much with all this shit."  he starts choking  "You asked me where I sloped off to earlier, I went to Mallow's to try and see him, but his sister turned me away.  I am sorry Chad, but I love him in a way that I've never loved you, it is destroying me slowly not being about to see him, and I don't think I will ever be happy again until I get him back."  


Chad doesn't say anything, he just runs off in tears.

I doubt very much that this is the end of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment