Sunday 25 September 2011

Chapter 18 - Gen 1 - Toby

Dad dying so soon after Mom left us was just too much to take!!!  Within days  I had lost both of my parents.



Now a Pop Idol I had lots of time on my hands to kill, work only three days a week, I had to keep myself busy just to take my mind off everything.  Scrubbing the house from top to bottom was quite therapeutic, and then there was the girls.



The twins kept me pretty busy teaching them to walk talk and use the potty was left mainly down to me because Jade was back at work during the week and I had a lot more time to spend with them.


The most surprising thing to come out of all this is another pregnancy.  An accidental and unplanned pregnancy.  I know exactly when it happened - just after my mothers death and just before my dad's - I thought we were being careful - but obviously not careful enough!!!


I wasn't unhappy about it - in fact it was probably a good thing as it would give us something else to focus on.  I was finding it pretty hard still living with out my parents.


The twins had their birthday.  I couldn't stop looking at Poppy's face - she was going to be pretty like Jade - you would never guess that she was my daughter would you!!!


Petal was not so lucky in the looks department, but she does have a lot nicer personallity than Poppy.


Blake became a teenager - there is no mistaking who his Dad is - is there!!!!


The pregnancy was coming along and I was becoming concerned about the size of Jades baby bump.  It was as huge as it had been when she had the twins and I suspect there might be more than one in there.


Jade woke me up moaning in the middle of the night, the baby was on its way.



Unlike with the twins this baby did not seem to be in any hurry - after hours of Jade screaming baby still had not arrived.  She was in agony but she would not let me take her to the hospital and I couldn't work out why!!


"Come on Jade let me take you to the hospital!!"
"NO, Toby I have told you I AM STAYING HERE - AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW"
"I really don't see why you won't go to the hospital!!"
"Toby go away - your making it worse OOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUCHHHH!!!"


Fianlly the baby made her appearance - a girl the same colour as Jade, she wanted to call her Lime.


As she put Lime in the crib she started moaning again.
"OMG!!!!! There is another one AAAAAAWWWWWWWW"
Another set of twin girls, who were identical in colour - the second one Jade wanted to call Apricot.


At first everything was fine but then I started to get a niggling feeling that something was not right.  Jade was acting strangely nothing like how she had been with her other three births.  Something was wrong I could feel it.  But I was tired and thought maybe too tired and I was not thinking straight - I fed Lime and settled her down while Jade did Apricot.


After having only half the sleep I needed a crying baby woke me up.

Jade had taken Apricot downstairs I presumed as there was only Lime in the cribs upstairs, well I think its Lime by  her strange eye colour, I had not picked Apricot up yet so I couldn't tell which baby it was.  After feeding and changing her I took her downstairs and put her in a crib in the babies room.


When I put down the baby I had I picked up the other baby.

"Put her down, I hate the way you inspect the babies like that!!!"
"Just looking for ugly bits that's all!!"
"Well DON'T you do this every time we have a baby!!!"

Jade seemed pretty cross and snapped at me to put the baby down.  In the past she has always laughed at me looking for ugly bits - this time she was mad over it which was strange.  Suddenly I got this awful sinking feeling, it felt like my blood was draining away from me, alarm bells started ring in my head and all I could focus on were the two little red eyes that were innocently staring back at me.  No sign of Ugly in either of the twins - but those eyes - I knew those eyes, they weren't my eyes or Jades, these eyes are - OMG!!  THIS IS NOT MY CHILD!!!


I placed the baby back into the crib - my head was in turmoil and I really didn't know what to do - pretend I had not noticed or deal with it.  I had to deal with it.  I could see Blake and Jade in the kitchen eating.

"Toby come and eat."
"I am not hungry and I just need to pop out for a bit."
"Toby where are you going?"
"I won't be long!!"

I rushed out - I had to see somebody.


"Ugli if you are looking for Apple he is at work."
"Its not Apple I came to see its you!!"
"Me - since when did you start paying me social visits?!"
"Pear, I just want a straight Yes or No from you, I know the answer already I just need to hear you say it."
"What!?
"Have you slept with Jade since we got married?"
Silence
"Well - Yes or No - all I need is the truth - Have you slept with my wife recently?"
Silence
"Come on Pear, I already know you have - just say it - I need to hear you say it!!"
"Ok - Yes I have."
"When? When did you sleep with her Pear?"
"Oh I don't know eerrr ....... just after your Mom died I think it was."
"Right you can come home with me because I have something of yours that you need to remove from my house."
"What?!"
"Your children!!"
"WHAT!!!!????"


"Just come Pear - I want them out of my house!!!!"
"Children - what children - I don't understand?!"
"The twin girls Jade just had, they are not mine - they are yours!!!"



----------------
----------------

2 comments:

  1. I think it would have been more interesting if he had say the hair as toddlers to realize they were Pear's. Oh, and Pear's eyes are the Marmalade orange eyes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats what i planned to do but Toby started kicking off the minute the babies were born. He had no signs while she was pregnant - he was happy wanting to rub jades belly and rolled the wish for a boy. The minute the first baby appeared he got the betayed moodlet pop up and all hell broke loose. I was well peed!!!

    ReplyDelete