Monday 12 September 2011

Chapter 6 - Gen 1 - Toby

By Mattie

They might have cleaned up before they all went off and left me babysitting.  All the adults in the house, Mom, Dad, Toby and Tia have gone away for a few days, back to Sunset Valley to visit Freddie and I really was not very happy, because I had been left behind with Mitch, who is a right pain and needs watching all the time.  I had strict instructions, no girls, no parties, to look after Mitch, and no skipping school.

I am really narked that I don't get to see Freddie, I wanted to go back to Sunset, I miss the place.  They needed a break Dad said but something is going on that they won't tell me about and it is something to do with Toby.  He has been a right drama queen since his graduation - he crys a lot, mopes about and snaps at anyone who looks at him, but apparently "I don't need to know", that's all I get off the adults if I ask them.


"Hi Mattie its Jade"
"Oh hi Jade." what on earth is she phoning me for.
"Your my last resort, I have been trying to get in touch with Toby and Tia, but I am having trouble and Apple can not get in touch with them either."
"Might be because they have gone back to Sunset Valley for a vacation, but they should be answering their phones."
"Well they are actually both turned off and we are both rather worried."
"Oh I don't know then, they are visiting my half brother and Toby needs a break he's a mess at the moment - did you do something to him?"
"I don't want to talk about it Mattie"
"Fine, well they will be back in a few days, if they phone home I'll tell them you are after Toby"
"Ok, I'll just have to wait till they get back, but if you do speak to Toby can you please ask him to phone me."


I decided to see who was on online chat, as soon as I signed in Honeydew Melon popped up.

HoneyDew:  Hi Mattie
BlueMatt:  Hi Honey, so what do you know?
HoneyDew You should be the one with the juicy gossip.
BlueMatt:   You've lost me?
HoneyDew:  You know Toby, Jade and Pear, Tia and Apple - that gossip.
BlueMatt:  Sorry Honey you have lost me - what gossip?"
HoneyDew:  Well Apple told my brother at work that Jade and Toby have had a falling out and Apple is livid cause he has seen Jade and Pear together and he is sick of being stuck in the middle of his best friend and brother - so what is all that about?
BlueMatt:  You know more than I do.
HoneyDew:  Or are you just not saying?
BlueMatt:  Honestly I don't know anything!!!
HoneyDew:  And is it true about Apple and Tia?
BlueMatt:  WHAT??!!
HoneyDew:  Yeah, Pepper and Safron have seen them sneaking about together and so has River.
BlueMatt:  Don't be so stupid!!!!
HoneyDewStraight up!!
BlueMatt:  No its all rubbish, some people must have nothing better to do than sit and make up all this rubbish about other people!!


Saturday morning and I was already going stir crazy so I phoned a babysitter to watch Mitch and went over to see my girlfriend Lemon.

"You fancy doing something today?"
"Sorry Mattie I can't My parents have arranged a "family day out", but I am sure it would be ok with my parents if you want to came with us, shall I go check? "
"No I better not, I have a few things to do and its weird enough that your Mom is my teacher, without spending the day with her out of school!!"
"Ok well come back later and maybe you can stay over."
"No can do I am babysitting the mental case remember."
"Don't be so cruel, Mitch is cute!!"
"Yeah right you don't have to live with him - I will pop back later but I can't stay!!"


Now I was at a loose end for the rest of the day, I didn't want to go home, the babysitter was watching Mitch so I wanted to make the most of my time out.  I stood at the end of Lemons driveway staring at Apples house who lived directly opposite.  I'll pop into see Apple the gossip flying around was bugging me.


"Hey Mattie, what are you up to?"
"I just popped in because Jade phoned me."
"Oh yeah."
"She said you were both worried you couldn't get in touch with Toby and Tia."
"Yeah they always have their phones off."
"You know they have gone back to Sunset Valley for a few days don't you?"
"Well Tia did mension something but said it wasn't definate - is Toby still in a mess?"
"Yeah, but they haven't told me why and there are all these rumours flying around - I don't have a clue what is going on."
"They haven't told you?"
"No, all I keep getting is "I don't need to know" obviously they must think I am a child yet I am responsible enough to watch Mitch while they are away - they irritate me so much some times - I have got school mates bugging me on line for the gossip, they know more about my family than I do - will you please tell me what's going on?"


"Basically you know Jade is Toby's girlfriend, well Toby proposed to her she turned him down - he kind of took it hard and went off without sitting down and talking it over with Jade, and unfortunately I didn't help matters because I didn't keep my big mouth shut."
"Shut about what?"
"When Toby stormed off Jade went looking for Pear, she came here and I kicked off  and like an idiot I told Toby - I really am sick of that woman bouncing backward and forwards between Toby and Pear, my best mate and my brother and I am stuck in the middle of it all."
"So that's why he has been a drama queen since graduation."
"Yeah - he has taken it hard, but hopefully he won't stay in Sunset permanently, I really hope he doesn't"
"Hold on - why should he stay in Sunset?"
"Tia said there is a possibility he might stay with his half-brother permanently"
"You have told Jade this I suppose - is that why she is panicking about not being able to get in touch with Toby?"
"Yeah because I was angry with her, I told her she needs to make her damn mind up and stop messing Toby and Pear about - she has already turned my brother into a basket case now I will probably be losing my best mate because of her!!"


"So - you and Tia?"
"What?"
"Well I heard you pair have been sneaking about together."
"Not that again!!"
"Why have you heard that rumour too?"
"Yeah, hysterical isn't it - I hardly know Tia."
"I didn't think it was true."
"That one has been around since school."
We laughed about it but I was not so sure about the expression he had on his face, it looked false somehow.


I still had some time to kill before Lemon got back from her family day trip.  I checked up on the baby sitter who was fine for another few hours, hungry I thought I would try out the new cafe in the laundrette.  I was surprised to see one of the Heirloom twins working at the cafe. I did not really know them personally I just know of them because they are one of a few "berry" families in this town and they kind of keep themselves to themselves.  This Heirloom sister was really not interested in making conversation with me so I sat down and ate my spicy wings which were actually pretty good!!.


I bumped into the Parfait family who were waiting at the subway station just on their way home.  I don't know how Lemon copes having 4 brothers and a sister - the siblings I had drove me mad!!

"Well that saved me a journey - did you have a good day?"
"Yeah it wasn't too bad, my parents are so embarrassing look at them!!"
"I think its quite sweet."
"You wouldn't be saying that if it was your parents embarrassing you like that all the time!!"
"Ask if you can stay over at mine?"


Lemons parents said it was fine for her to stay over as long as she was back first thing in the morning.  They didn't know my parents weren't home and we were not going to tell them otherwise I doubt they would have let Lemon stay over.


"I am not going to tell you again Mitch, sit still and do your homework."
"It's too hard I can not do it."
"You can now get it done!!"
"Where is Dad? I don't like you you are mean!!"
"I have told you a thousand times already on holiday they will be back tomorrow night."
"You said Monday"
"Yes tomorrow is Monday and why keep asking Mitch you already know!!"
"Bobo asked me he wanted to know."
"Who the hell is Bobo - on second thoughts Mitch don't answer that - I really don't want to know."


"I have finished."
"Yeah right - not already you haven't."
"Quick quick the purple elephant is going to get you"
"Shut up Mitch you idiot - don't think you can distract me like you do Mom and Dad, I am not so stupid, they want to wrap you up in cotton wool all the time but what I think you need is a straight jacket!!"
"There is nothing wrong with my coat."
"Just forget it Mitch you loon!!"


He changed seats and slid into the chair next to me
"Mattie can you read to me."
"No Mitch you know what Dad says, you have to read for yourself."
"I can't read."
"Yes you can, you know you can - you are not as stupid as you make out!!"


"Can we go to the park tomorrow?"
"No we have to go to school and Mom and Dad come back tomorrow night."
"We can go to the park and not school."
"Oh no we are not skipping school!!!"
"I don't like school"
"Neither do I but if Dad finds us skipping school he will kill us!!"


"AAAAAAWWWWWWWWW"
"Mitch STOP THAT!!!!"
"Pink elephant"
"Pink it was purple a minute ago idiot."
"Pink elephant."
"There is no pink or purple elephant and stop pretending to strangle yourself - MITCH - get inside NOW and get a bath you stink you tramp!!!"


I am going to kill that kid.  Mitch flooded the bathroom playing submarines in the bath.  I will be really glad when my parents get back it is hard work keeping that little brother of mine out of trouble.


"How did you managed to get them to agreeing to you staying over again?"
"I told Mom we had to finish off that project she gave us in class."
"We finished it didn't we?!"
"Yes but she doesn't know that!!"



"What time did you say your parents would be back?"
"Sometime tonight."
"Look out the window."
"Shit - they are early and the school bus is here"
"Are you going to get into trouble?"
"Probably - quick get dressed I'll grab Mitch and get the bus to wait for you - try and dodge them if you can!!"




When Lemon came down the stairs they were all still standing in the hall, my Dads face was a picture!!"



Boy was I going to be in big trouble when I got back from school!!!!



---------------------------------------------------------------------

by Tia


A great start to our return Mattie in trouble for having a girl stay over while our parents were not home, he was going to cop it when he got back from school no doubt.  Why is it when you take a break, the minute you step through the front door something hits you, reality has a way of wiping away the break you just took.  Toby was a little better, but not much, after his chat with Dad he was at least now civil tongued with everyone, but he was still really down in the dumps over the Jade business.  It was strange being back in Sunset, I couldn't believe how much Freddie had grown up - he is now engaged to a really nice girl, he said he may come out and stay with us for a while when he can get a break from work but I am not holding my breath.

The doorbell rang and I was a little surprised to see Apple standing at the door.


"I hope you are here to see Toby."
"No Tia you"
"Apple I thought we agreed."
"We did but Tia I really can not do this anymore!!"
"No Apple - please don't - I won't let you do this to me!!"
"We have to Tia I can not lie any more, I hate lying to people, even your Mattie is asking questions, it won't be long before we get found out."
"So that's it all because we might get found out, that's a lame excuse if ever I have heard one!!"


"Tia do you think I am here to break up with you?"
"Well yes, that is what you meant when you said you couldn't do this any more wasn't it."
"No silly - I am saying its time we came clean, I don't want to lie about us any more!!"



-----------------
-----------------

Ok - so I clicked on the free vacation by accident - I always refuse them usually.  This left me with just Mattie and Mitch to play with for a few sim days.  I love Lemon (Mattie's girlfriend)  she is the daughter of my Apple Bramley and Pineapple Parfait who I made for buckey's organic sim thread.  Sraina are you ready for an Apple overdose - cause you are about to get on - lol :)  Tia and Apple were not in my mind for a relationship - they kinda decided that on their own!!

1 comment:

  1. Lemon is gorgeous and Austin's mother is in there with kids younger than his kids. Lol. It must have been driving Apple nuts not telling his best friend. Apple does seem to want the unexpected. Can't wait to see how Toby deals with this secret. :D

    ReplyDelete