Tuesday 13 September 2011

Chapter 7 - Gen 1 - Toby

I really couldn't believe what I was hearing!!!!  Apple and Tia, so wrapped up in themselves they did not even realise I was stood here listening.  It was not that I was bothered about them being together, I suppose if I had to chose someone for my sister I couldn't get any better than my best mate but still - he lied to me, she lied to me,  all this time together they have both been lying to me - that hurt!!!!!!


How long has this been going on?  As far back as when Mustard told me they were together and Apple swore that they weren't.  Why?  Why lie to me that's what I don't understand!!

"Are you sure about this because you know I won't have a problem, it is you it will affect."
"What else can we do, we have to come clean sometime its never going to be easy so why prologue the agony, you know I have never been comfortable lying to people especially Toby."
"What about your Dad and Pear, afterall they are the reason we have been sneaking about."
"I can not change the way they feel and I am not going to be miserable for the rest of my life just because they are narrow minded - they don't have to live my life - I do - and if they don't like it they can do whatever I don't care anymore."


"So what now?"
"I need to speak to your Dad I think."
"He'll be back soon, lets get something to eat."
"I missed you by the way - don't ever do that to me again!!"
"What?"
"Just disappear on me like that and turn off your phone."
"I told you about visiting Sunset."
"You said it was a possibility and you never said when."
"Sorry I didn't think!!"
"It was only Mattie coming round that settled my nerves."
"Mattie?"
"I'll explain later."


Apple just breezed into the kitchen like it was normal and starts making hotdogs.  He just looked at me but did not say a word, I carried on playing my guitar until I couldn't stand the silence any longer.


"You lied to me!!"
"I know, Toby and I really am sorry I didn't want to lie to you."
"Then why did you?"
"The first time you confronted me my Dad was sat right behind you on the computer - I had to lie to you, he was listening."
"Thats no excuse for lying to me all this time!!"
"I know but once the lie had been told it was easier just to keep it that way - the less people that knew the less likely anyone would find out."
"I am not anybody - I am supposed to be your best mate and she is my sister - there was no need for you to lie to me of all people, you know I would have been on your side!!!!
"I know and I really am sorry!!"
"Your Dad and brother are going to go balistic"
"I know!!"


"Hi Apple I hope you are round here trying to cheer up that miserable lump"
"Hi, eeerrrm can I have a word with you please Marty, its pretty important."
"Yes Applle, are you ok you look  a little nervous."
"I am."
"Well spit it out it can't be all that bad!!"
"Errmm well me and Tia have been secretly dating since school."
"Really??!!  How did we miss that!!! why secretly - oh yeah - silly question - go on."
"Well we want to come clean I am sick of hiding and I might need your help because my Dad and brother for a start are going to go absolutely ballistic when they find out."


"So how can I help - do you want me to speak to your Dad?"
"Well I hadn't really thought of that but I suppose it could help but what we really want to know is if I can move in here with Tia just until we can sort outselves out a place to live - I am working at the hospital already and ...."
"Its ok Apple, slow down I don't need a reference - yes of course you can move in here with Tia, but on one condition."
"What's that ?"
"You go and speak to your Dad first and tell him what you are doing - don't think you can hide out here and the situation will go away because it won't, and  I hope you know what you are letting yourself in for because the people in this town are very narrow minded!!"


Apple went to tell his Dad what had been going on with him and Tia.  He was gone for a few hours and all the time Tia was pacing up and down driving everyone nuts.

"How did it go?"
"Not good!!"
"Who was the maddest?"
"Pear - Dad was a little shocked - he didn't say much, but Pear had plenty to say!!"
"So I take it they are not happy with you!!"
"No - Pear doesn't want anything else to do with me and Dad well he just told me to leave, no doubt he will have something to say when he has gotten over the shock."


"Do you think they will ever come round to the idea of us?"
"Probably Dad will in time, I don't know about Pear, it is best I speak to Dad away from Pear anyway, Pear has a habbit of making situation worse."
"Maybe you should give your Dad some time, let him get used to the idea then try and speak to him when he is alone, without Pear shouting the odds in the background."


(Apple didn't sleep very well)


The computer keys constantly clicking woke me up.  I was surprised to see Apple at the computer, it was still dark outside and I was still tired.  At first I tried to drift back off to sleep but the computer keys were aggravating me.

"Apple what time is it?"
"Sorry I didn't mean to wake you - its 4.20am"
"Couldn't you sleep?"
"No"
"Was it the bed?"
"No, its what Pear said to me earlier it keeps going round and round in my head."


"Was it that bad?!"
"Yeah, he can be very cruel and there really is no need, he doesn't even know Tia."
"You know he dislikes us "uglies" but he is probably hurting he was probably just lashing out, I bet he didn't mean half of what he said to you!!!"
"Don't you stand up for him."
"I am not."
"Well it sounds like it to me, So what are you doing about Jade?"
"Nothing."
"What do you mean nothing - are you not even going to try?"
"What's the point, I was just kidding myself, anyway didn't you advice me to get out now while I still coulld."
"Yeah but is that really what you want?"
"Not really but what choice do I have she obviously can not keep away from Pear, I am not going to spend the rest of my life worrying and getting hurt."
"I am sorry I lied to you Toby!!"
"Its ok just as long as you don't hurt my sister."
"I don't intend to!!"


I think I had already forgiven him, I couldn't be mad with Apple for long, I suppose I can see why they did it, but it still hurt that they had to lie to me!!!  Having Apple around helped me cheer up a little, we have always got on really well together.



Tia came in and hugged me
"It is nice to see you smiling again Toby, so what are you two giggling at??"
We both answered at the same time
"Nothing!!"  "Nothing!!"
"I see I am going to have to watch you two!!"



"So have you cheered up enough to get yourself a job yet, you know it will help you take your mind off things."
"I always planned to apply for a job at the music theatre as soon as I graduated, but  I just haven't managed to get  round to it yet with everything that has been going on lately?"
"I got a job at the stadium."
"Huh - I bet that pleased Dad!!"
"Yeah."



It was about time I applied for a job, I had a look online and found an opening at the theatre which I applied for and got, so I starrt work in a few days and really I couldn't wait!!  I had put on a bet with Mom that I would become a Rock Star before she did - and I had a lot of catching up to do!!



"So how are things with your family?"
"Not good!!"
"I really hope you know what you are doing because It could get worse before it gets better, you know"
"I am sure we will get through it together."
"Well I hope so, I don't want to see either of you hurt."
"You and Summer have managed ok so hopefully we will too."


The three of us had been sat on the couch watching TV together, I had turned on my phone again because of work, and when it rang I never thought to look at the screen, I just answered it, and when I heard her voice I shot up out of my seat.

"Toby, where are you?"
"Jade!!"
"Well where are you??


"What do you want Jade?"
"We need to talk."
"No we don't"
"What is wrong with you Toby, ok so I turned you down, but it didn't mean I would never get engaged to you, you never even gave me a chance to explain why I said no."
"I don't care Jade - I might have given you the chance to explain but once I found out you went running striaght to Pear and spent the night with Pear that very night - that was it for me."
"Toby nothing happened - honestly!!"
"I don't know what your game is Jade, but I aint helping you play it anymore!!"

I disconnected the call and threw my phone down on the computer desk and went outside to run off my frustration.  Apple followed me and when I told him I didn't want to talk about it he started working out too which we did in silence until Tia shouted me to come inside.


"Toby just answer that phone it is driving me mad ringing none stop."
"Its Jade and I don't want to talk to her."
"I don't care - answer it and tell her to get lost if you have to just stop that damn phone from ringing."
"I'll turn it off - happy now!!"
I watched Tia stroking her stomach, she had a huge smile on her face
"Tia what are you doing?"
"Oh nothing!!"


I remember watching Mom do that a lot of times when she was pregnant with Mitch - pregnant - OMG Tia is pregnant!!


"Your pregnant aren't you!!"
"How did you know?"
"I just saw you rubbing your stomach - OMG Tia your pregnant!!"
"Yeah"
"Does Apple know?"
"Not yet I only just found out myself."


"Was it planned?"
"Was what planned? What are you two up to?"
"Nothing Dad."


"Well?" Dad asked
"Tia is pregnant."
"Your joking!!"
"Oops!!"  Mattie said
"Shut up Mattie!!"


"So is Apple happy about the baby?"
"He doesn't know yet."
"Well don't you think you should tell him before somebody else does."
"I will when you lot give me a chance, where is he anyway?"
"Outside working out the last time I saw him, I'll go and find him."


Apple came rushing in
"What's the matter, Toby said you needed me, he said it was urgent?"
"Come on Mattie, out, we need to leave them to it."
"Tia what's wrong?"


"There is nothing wrong exactly, I am pregnant."


---------------
---------------

I got a little worried - every time Toby and Apple interacted with each other I kept getting a pop saying "3 is a crowd in a relationship - tone it down blah blah blah"  I had not seen it before and couldn't work it out at first but when it kept coming up i figured maybe there was the possibility of Apple and Toby having a romantic relationship HELP!!!!!!!!!  Thankfully nothing happened between them!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Lol, That would have been funny and troublesome. And yay lots of Apple in this chapter. I can't believe he's already going to be father in your game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - he is terrible every 5 minutes he is rolling for woohoo : he is the want that wants it and the kids not Tia!!! and did he have a bed making fetish in your game because he has in mine!!!

    ReplyDelete