Wednesday 14 September 2011

Chapter 8 - Gen 1 - Toby

"Well, Apple say something!!"
"Your pregnant?!"
"Yes"
"OMG!!"
"Your not happy!!"
"I am happy I am just in shock!!"


"Wow - I can't believe I am going to be a Dad!!"
"Maybe its a good job we came clean when we did!!"
"How did it happen?"
"Your the genius - do I really need to tell you??!!"
"No I meant we were being careful weren't we?!"
"Not in the shower we weren't"
"Oh yeah!!"


"Apple can I say something."
"I am in for a rollicking!!"  Apple laughed
"Don't be silly I can't talk, I did worse than you two I was married to someone else when me and Summer had Toby and Tia - mind you I must say I am not old enough to become a granddad just yet - I want to talk to you  about your Dad."
"What about my Dad."
"Well don't you think you ought to tell him about the baby, it will only make matters worse if he has to find out from someone else that he has a grandchild."
"He is not talking to me besides its none of his business anymore!!"
"This situation won't get fixed if you keep on with that attitude - he is your Dad, one day you might need him."
"He won't talk to me, how can I tell him if he won't listen?"
"Then make him listen."


"You should tell him you know - Dad is right."
"I don't see the point - it will just make him madder!!"
"I hate this - I don't want you to lose your family because of me."
"Its not you Tia, its them, they are the ones being narrow minded."


"So Apple I hope you have got me down for best man at your wedding."
"Toby give us a chance, we haven't even talked about getting married, I have not recovered from the baby shock yet."



"Oh yeah Toby before I forget  - I have a message for you."
"Who from?"
"Jade she phoned me earlier - she wants me to talk you into speaking to her."
"I wish she would just get lost."
"She is very persistent I'll give her that!!"
"What does she want?"
"You from the sounds of it - you know I don't like her but she has never been this persistant over getting Pears attention - you know you should at least hear her out."
"I don't want to - I am trying to get over her and this really is not helping!!"
"Well I have tried - now clear off me and Tia were in the middle of something before you rudely interrupted!!"
"Get a room!!!!" I laughed
"Don't worry we intend to!!"


As soon as I turned on the computer and signed in I regretted it.
Jade:  Toby?
Toby: What?
Jade: We need to talk
TobyNo we don't
Jade: Please Toby
Toby: Just get lost Jade



Then my phone rang
"Jade what part of get lost don't you understand?"
"I am never going to get lost until you sit down and talk to me."
"Your mad just quit bugging me."
"I love you Toby."
"Yeah right -  NOW GET LOST!!!"

I just wished she would leave me along, this was really hard for me, the last thing I wanted to do was push her away but I had to for my own sanity's sake.  She is just going to keep on hurting me and I really can not believe she would want me and not Pear.



"Tia you should be resting not doing the laundry."
"Have you seen the state of this place, I can't bring a baby into this house!!"
"Stop fussing I'll do it its no wander your back is always hurting"


The doorbell rang.
"I best had go answer the door"
"No Tia leave it, let someone else answer it, I need to ask you something."


"Tia will you marry me?"


Melon Toby's boss from work was at the door and Summer let her in.
"Is Toby about?"
"Yes Melon, he's about somewhere, I'll go and find him, is it to do with work?"
"No its personal but Before you call him - can I ask you something Summer?"
"Of course."
"Do you think I am doing the right thing asking Toby out on a date, I know how miserable he has been with all this Jade and Pear business, but I like him and I don't think he has even noticed me."
"Err I don't really know, it would do him good to get out, take his mind off things but whether he will is another matter, all you can do is ask him."


So what do you do when your work boss turns up on your doorstep and asks you out on a date???!!!!!!


I felt terrible when Melon turned up, I could see she had made an effort and me I turned up in my work clothes.  I felt even worse when I spotted Emerald behind her, I had avoided her since I agreed to owing her a date - I hope she has forgotten!!!!  One thing I knew I had to talk to Melon, I could see things getting out of hand and I needed to do it now before it affected our work relationship.


This place was heaving and the music too load for us to even have a proper conversation


We spent the rest of the night just dancing and I walked her home and that's when I spoke to her and explained even though I liked her as a friend that I didn't have any romantic feelings for her.  She seemed ok with it but only time will tell at work how she takes it.



The next morning Jade was banging down our front door.

"Enjoy yourself last night did you?" she said quite sarcastically
"What?!"
"I heard all about your date with Melon."
"What the hell has it got to do with you, and why are you dressed like that?"
"I have just done a photo shoot - forget that I want to know what the hell you are playing at?"


I lost my temper.
"ME!!  What am I playing at - more like what the hell is your problem?" 
"Well the last time I looked you were still my boyfriend."
"Your joking me right?!"
"No we never broke up did we."
"Well maybe we should."
"No Toby that's not what I want."


"Not what you want - until the next time you go running after Pear, how is Pear anyway?"
"I haven't seen him Toby honestly!!"
"Well I don't believe you, you see I can not get past the fact that when I stormed off upset, instead of chasing after me to put things right like you keep saying you want to, instead you went running after Pear and jumped straight into his bed."
"It wasn't like that - nothing happened!!"
"WELL I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!!"


"Please Toby calm down, I gave you time and space to calm down so we sit down and talk properly but its not happening is it, your still angry."
"Well what do you expect."
"Not this Toby, you need to tell me what's upset you so much!!"
"You, look at you, your beautiful and look at me - what could you possibly see in me, I was fooling myself to think we even had a future."
"You run yourself down too much!!"
"You help confirm my feeling when you can't stop yourself from running back to Pear - why?  why did you run to him that night?  I am never going to trust you want me the way I am when there is Pear there,  he isn't fat and ugly like me - he is more your type - so why play with me, don't you care that you are hurting me."
"I didn't mean to hurt you and Its not just about looks you know!!"
"Well whatever it is or it isn't the truth is you can never love me the way I love you and I am not going to let you walk all over my feelings I would rather be without you than let you put me through torment."
"You don't have a clue how I feel about you!"
"I think you made that perfectly clear when I proposed to you - the look on your face - you looked at me like I was s"""" on your shoe!!"
"That's not fair, you shocked me you caught me off guard - I never expected you to propose to me."


"Jade I want you to leave."
"No Toby please we need to sort this out."
"Its sorted - you go make up with Pear and just leave me alone, find some other mug to play your games with."
"I am not playing games Toby and its far from sorted....."
"Oh yes I forgot - you being my girlfriend - forget it - its over we just officially broke up!!"
"Toby No........."
"Goodbye Jade!!"


I watched her walk away, at first she had just stood there looking at me like she was about to burst into tears, then she turned slowly without another word, head down and walked away.


I felt sick - what had I just done!!??  Not what I wanted to do but what I had to do.
It was then I heard Tia scream.


"Tia what's wrong?"


"Find Apple quickly, the baby is coming"



---------------
---------------
I wish Toby would make up his mind over jade!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment