Tuesday 8 November 2011

Chapter 10 - Gen 2 - Blake

We had been sleeping in separate beds since Luke had been born, at first I thought maybe she just needed a little time to herself. now I was worrying that our marriage was all but over.



But I loved her I couldn't let it carry on any longer.



I spoke to Rhubarb and Dad about it, I thought they might be able to tell me what was wrong with Lemon, especially Rhubarb, she might know being her mother if she was going to confide in anyone it was going to be her.  They were also concerned about Lemon, they noticed how withdrawn and quiet she had been lately and when Rhubarb told her about the pregnancy apparently Lemon had reacted quite badly about it.



When Larna got up and joined us in the kitchen we had to change the subject.


Being the weekend I had not got work till Monday. so I worked on Lukes potty training and taught him to walk.   I had noticed that Lemon hardly went near Luke these days, Dad and Rhubarb had been looking after him while I  had been at work.


Rhubarb went into labour during the night, Dad woke me up with his freaking, so I stayed up while they went off to the hospital.


I was not the only one waiting for them to return from the hospital, my Granddads ghost was out and about and sat patiently watching tv, waiting for Dad to come home with his new baby.  It was beginning to get light before they returned home with my new baby sister, but Granddads ghost was still sat waiting after the time he should have gone back to his headstone.


He hung around well into the morning sat talking to Dad.  I was pretty surprised that he would do this when normally around 5am the ghosts normally return to their headstones.  Granddads ghost disappeared just before dinner time.


They called my new little sister Autumn.  Lemon was not remotely interested in the baby at all which is not like Lemon, this upset Rhubarb a little, but it also gave her an idea of what might be wrong with her.


Post Natal Depression, it turned out that was what was wrong with Lemon.  I had never heard of it before and Rhubarb was kicking herself for not picking up on it earlier.  So it wasn't me after all which I was releaved about, and now we knew what was wrong with Lemon we could deal with it and hopefully soon I could get my Lemon back.


Having the new baby in the house was not helping Lemon very much.  She was irritated and angry with everyone including Larna who really didn't understand why her mother kept shouting at her.  I tried to explain to Larna that her mommy was ill and she didn't really mean to be so nasty to her.

"How do you fancy booking some time off work to look after the kids, including your sister?"
"Why Dad?"
"Well I have a few concerts to do next week in Twinbrook, and Ruby thinks that maybe  Lemon needs a break away from the kids, it might do her some good"
"Your going to take Lemon to Twinbrook with you?"
"Yes and Ruby if you are willing to look after all four kids on your own, taking Autumn with us would just defeat the object of taking Lemon with us."


"How long for?"
"Just a week, you can managed here on your own can't you!!"
"Of course, I'll do anything to help make Lemon better, she is going to get better isn't she Dad?"
"Yes of course she will, she will be back to her old self before you know it!!"
"She still won't even talk to me."
"Maybe you should go and try again, she's in the living room watching tv"
"Does she know about Twinbrook?"
"Not yet, maybe you could tell her about it."


Lemon was sat in the living room watching tv like Dad said she was, when I sat down next to her, she looked like she was about to get up and move away.   I managed to stop her from scurrying off like she usually did and she sat and listened to me and after a while even started to talk to me.  I told her about Twinbrook and she was happy to get away, the baby crying was really not helping her.  We talked over quite a few things, before she said she was tired and went to lie down.


As soon as Larna heard about Twinbrook she wanted to go with them.  It took ages for Dad to convince her that she had to stay here and help look after her brother and sister, she couldn't go because she would be missing too much school.  It was Dad telling her that he would buy her a nice big present when he got back that finally settled her down.  She hugged him then went off to play down in the basement.  She loved to watch the fish in the big fish tank down there.


I was sat playing with Lacey and Luke, waiting for them to become tired so that I could put them to bed.  We were trying our hardest to minimise the crying so that Lemon didn't get upset by it which meant one of us was always camped out in the babies room.  Suddenly I heard an almighty bang followed by a lot of other bangs, I could also hear Larna screaming.


As I scrambled to my feet Lemon came running in.

"Blake quickly"
"What's happened"
"There is a fire in the basement, your Dad has gone in Larna is down there, quickly Blake call the fire brigade"
"Lemon WAIT" 
she didn't listen she ran off down the basement steps, I was trying to stop her from going down there.  I phoned the fire brigade then ran down after her.


When I got down to bottom of the steps I could see how bad it was.  What on earth could have caught fire down here??  I couldn't see anyone at first and trying to run round the fire my clothes caught light and I had to run and dive into the swimming pool to put the fire out.  By the time I got back to the fire I could see the fire engine had arrived and thankfully I could see Larna unhurt but dangerously close to the fire.  I shouted at her to go upstairs to the babies room away from the fire and to look after the babies.


Where was Dad and Lemon I knew they were down here somewhere, why couldn't I see them?



There were three firemen trying to put out the fire.  I realised that Dad and Lemon must be trapped inside that stupid room that Dad had built not long ago to store all the old family stuff like certificates and photo's that should be kept and not thrown away.  The fire was blocking the doorway which two of the firemen were trying to put out.


When finally they put out the fire two of the firemen blocked the doorway and wouldn't let me past.

"You don't want to go in there sir!!"
"Yes I do my Dad and Wife are in there, I need to check they are ok."
"I am sorry but I am afraid we didn't save them, you will only upset yourself if you go in there"
It did not register properly what they were trying to tell me.
"NO - let me in, I need to get my Dad and Wife out!!"
"I am sorry sir but there are three bodies in there, all deceased there is nothing you can do."
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"
"I am sorry sir, you really shouldn't go in there!!"


The fireman mummbled something about playing with fireworks inside was bound to have fatal consequences, next time we should be a little more careful. Fireworks what fireworks???!!!!  Then it dawned on me there had been some of those chinese fireworks down here in one of the boxes, the boxes which no longer existed burnt to ashes in the fire along with all their contents.  The fact that there were three dead bodies still hadn't hit me properly yet, Dad, Rhubarb and Lemon were dead, it only hit me after I watched the Grim Reaper glide past me laughing his head off.


I watched him take them one by one, first Dad, then Lemon and finally Rhubarb.


The fiireworks were playing on my mind - who would be stupid enough to let off those fireworks in the house.  Larana appeared like she was the answer to my question - Larna, it could only have been her!!!


"Larna WHAT DID YOU DO??!!"
"Nothing Daddie"
"You were playing with the fireworks weren't you!!"
"Noooooooo"



"Don't lie to me!!!"
"I am not, I didn't touch the fireworks!!" 
"The fireman said it was fireworks that caused the fire!!"
"No it was the stereo, I turned the stereo on and I was reading a book."
"So what happened?"
"The stereo made a funny noise then flames came out of it."
"What stereo??"
"The one in the room by Grandads treasure boxes."
"And the fireworks?"
"I don't know I ran out the room and then there were lots of loud bangs."
"You better not be lying to me!!"
"I am not Daddie, promise it was the stereo"



The fire from the stereo must have set off the fireworks.  Dad, Rhubarb and Lemon all must have ran in to get Larna out and got trapped in there, I'll never know what actually happened down here, all I know is that Dad, Lemon and Rhubarb were gone.


"I am sorry Larna I didn't mean to shout at you!!"
"It's ok Daddie, I want my Mommie"
"I am sorry sweetie she has gone, with  your Granma and Grandad."



 My world had just been torn apart again. I don't know how I am ever going to get over this!!!


--------------
--------------

I did nearly lose Blake in this fire, he caught fire and luckily he did manage to get to the swimming pool in time to put himself out.  This fire was not planned - I had another plot in my  head (the twin brook trip was going to result in a car accident so that I could dispose of Lemon who was really glitchy and unplayable - I never intended for Toby and Rhubarb to die)  Where the fire was based there was a stereo next to a box with all bits in that had be collected by the family like prom crowns and all the silly bits and pieces that clutter up sim inventories i always put away in a treasure chest.  I was freaking when the fire was going on trying to stop Blake from killing himself and wandering how the hell it had happened.  My son was laughing at me and was watching my game and said did I have fireworks in the house.  (He spends hours playing sims though he wont admit it buiding houses and one of the things he likes to do is burning them down with chinese fireworks set off in the house.)  When I checked the notification there was one that said for a better view of the fireworks go outside - so he helped me figure out what had happened - the stereo set fire and the fire set off the chinese fireworks in the box!!!!!  How freaky is that!!!  Although I planned to only move Blake and his 3 kids to a new town after installing pets broke the town they were in - I ended up with Blake having to bring up his orphaned baby sister as a bonus!!!  Something bugged me about the way they died - usually in a fire they disintegrate to a pile of ash not lie on the floor like they did curled up in a ball - it wasn't until Toby's ghost came out afterwards for the first time that I realised something was not right - he didn't look like a fire ghost and he was really skinny and didn't look like Toby at all!!   Checking the graves it has the starvation symbol on not fire - the three of them were trapped in the room and I watched them dropping all three consumed by the fire - maybe another glitch - its all very weird!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Holy Crap!!! That was definitely an unexpected change. Now I know you didn't want to lose all three of the sims but man it couldn't have really worked out better. What a way to change up the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I feel so bad for Blake. That was a real shocker, even though it works out for your story. I'm gonna miss Toby, I always liked him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! That was so sad! That is strange about the way they died, but it worked well for the screenshots. I'm gonna miss them :( Great writing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that was so unexpected and sad too. I will miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. D: i loved lemon, toby, and ruby! they were all so pretty in their ugly kinda way. i understand having to kill lemon off since she was glitchy ( i hate that! ), but poor toby and ruby D:

    !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! I certainly didn't expect that! At least Blake and the kids made it out. Oh my gosh, that's awful!

    ReplyDelete