Wednesday 9 November 2011

Chapter 11 - Gen 2 - Blake

"Not now Luke, I really am not in the mood for this!!"
"Momeeeee Momeeeee"
"Your Mommy isn't here Luke."

What on earth was I going to say to Luke and Lacey, they are way too young and  aren't going to understand that their mother is dead.  How was I going to explain why their mother had suddenly disappeared.  I suppose being so young they were spared the upset of her death but still they would have to live the rest of their lives without a mother.


"NOOOO, No potty!!!"
"Yes come on you need to learn how to be a big boy."


"NOOOO"
"Come on Luke sit still please be a good boy"
"No potty - Daddie OFF - no potty"


"Calm down, Ok, Ok, no potty"
"Nanny do it"
"Your Nanny isn't here Luke."
"No like potty."

  
I think Luke was picking up on all the tension and upset he had been nothing but difficult since the fire.  Larna seemed to have away with him and managed to calm him down enough so that I could put him to bed, I was just too wound up and seemed to be making him worse.  As usual Lacey was not the slightest problem she carried on in her own quiet little way playing happily, oblivious of what was going on around her.


It was Autumn I felt sorry for the most, she was now officially an orphan.  She had lost both of her parents, she was never going to know either of them, or her big sister for that matter, all she had now was me to look after her, and that's what Dad would expect me to do.


I didn't have time to mourn properly I had four small children to look after alone.  It never dawned on me that Larna had missed school today and I had missed work until I got an angry phone call from the school.  I was so upset  with the attitude of the call, I told them to stick their job.  I was never going to bring up the children alone working full time and its not like I needed the money, my Dad had left enough money for us to live comfortably without me working, at least until all four kids were in full time education.


Once word got out the phone never stopped ringing - Uncle Apple to find out if the rumours about his best mate and brother in law were true, Uncle Mattie, Poppy was mad at me for not phoning her, as it affected both her and Crimson, Mint was in a right state, his wife Lime only dying the day before Dad.  Citrus was beside himself, Lemon being taken away from him after he had hardly got to know her.  Then the inevitable phone call from my mother.


"Blake tell me it isn't true."
"What Mom?"
"Your Dad please tell me he isnt ....."
"Dead, yes Mom he is."
She starts crying down the phone, crying and carrying on like her world had just ended  - I knew this was coming.


"Stop it Mom, its not like your the broken hearted widow, so stop acting like you are"
"Blake that's not fair I still love your Dad."
"You would still have been here Mom if you had and you never fail to disappoint do you Mom, its always about you, nobody else - what about me Mom?"
"What about you?"
"I lost my Dad and my Wife in that fire, and my step - mom who has been more of a mother to me than you ever have - did you just phone to tell me how distraught you are, have you once thought about me and how I might be feeling or your grandchildren, they have lost their mother and she was a good Mom!!"
"I know I am sorry it will be hard for your two girls ....."
"See you don't even know how many kids I have do you mother!!"


"Maybe I should come round."
"No Mom I don't need or want you round here, its too late for you to pretend you care!!"
"You will need help with the kids."
"No, I am sure I can look after my three kids and my baby sister just fine without your interfering!!"
"Baby sister?!"
"I've got to go Mom, I can't do this now"
"Blake wait"
"Bye Mom"

She always makes me so angry


I slept with Larna that night, well I tried to sleep, I kept waking up from bad dreams and everytime I closed my eyes all I could see was Lemons face.   In the end I gave up even trying to sleep and found myself just wandering around the house feeling lost and alone and heart broken.


Walking into the hall  I stopped seeing mine and Lemons prom picture.  I missed her so much, even though things weren't too good between us at the end, she was ill and she would have got better and we would have been happy again like we used to be.  Now that chance had been taken away and I couldn't bear it.  This house stunk of smoke and I didn't know how I was ever going to get rid of it, I couldn't face going down into the basement and everywhere I looked there was something that reminded me of Dad or Lemon.  I was never going to get over this living in this house.


I needed to get over it quickly for the kids sakes, they needed me and if I had to live in this house I knew I was only going to fall apart, I could already feel myself going.  We had to move out of this house, in fact, I was going to move us to a new town - a fresh new start that's what we needed, the kids were young enough not to be affected by the move, only maybe Larna would miss a few of her school friends but she would soon make new ones and forget about her old life.  A new life in a new house in a new town - that's what we are going to do.


--------------
---------------
--------------

I am sorry that this is such a short chapter but I thought that it was a good place to end, with the next chapter starting with their new house and town. I am so miffed still that I had to move town due to installing pets messing everything up including Lemon.   The new town should be pretty exciting though - I have thrown in quite a few familar  faces that have been berried and it looks like a few of their children will be playing a big part in the future of the Ugli family :)  Before I release Chapter 12 I will be putting up an hier vote, even though Blake is quite a way in game from achieving his lifetime wish I  could do with an idea of who the next heir will be so I can pay special attention to them till Blake hands over the reins.


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the new town and sims. Hopefully Blake will get to work on his LTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww such a sad chapter! Blake will have his hands full with all those kids.

    ReplyDelete