Monday 7 November 2011

Chapter 9 - Gen 2 - Blake

My school career is going well I am now a teacher, but my lifetime wish is getting nowhere so I thought it was about time I did something about it.   I actually enjoy working out I am not sure why I don't do it more often.


After the wedding Poppy and Crimson moved out and into their own place.  Dad and Rhubarb got engaged, which I am not really comfortable with, but he is happy, its not that I dislike Rhubarb because I don't its the fact that she is Lemons Mom, my mother in law.


My Grandma Summers ghost made an appearance.  Dad said that was the first time he had seen her since she died.  Larna didn't seem to mind that she was talking to a ghost.


Lemon found out that she was pregnant, we really hoped it was going to be a boy this time.


The girls were pretty good, Larna is very quiet and always keeps herself amused, she is a little bookworm and always has her head in a book, which is never a bad thing.


She also has a fascination for that doll of hers, she spends hours talking to it and singing to  it, this I am not sure is such a healthy thing.  I had a doll like that when I was a child but as soon as I started school and making friends my doll was forgotten.


Lacey is also pretty good, we hardly hear her crying and now she has learnt to talk she is a right little chatterbox.


While Lemon is on maternity leave she takes advantage of the spare time she had potty training and teaching Lacey how to walk.


Lemons baby bump was growing pretty huge and the baby was due any time now.


It was Lemons idea, I was not too sure it was a safe thing to be doing while she was so heavily pregnant.  I now know it is never a good idea when baby is nearly due


Only hours later I find myself stood outside the hospital frozen to the spot.  I had missed the births of both of the girls, now I had the chance to be with Lemon for the birth of our third child and I chickened out - I let her go in alone.


We got the boy that we wanted, we called him Luke.  Straight away I knew something was not quite right with Lemon she became quiet and withdrawn and I felt like she was going out of her way to avoid me, and since the day that Luke was born I have not once seen her smile.


The girls were happily playing, oblivious that there was an atmosphere between me and their mother.  I did not have a clue what was wrong, we had been perfectly happy before Luke arrived, I tried to speak to Lemon but she just got annoyed and snappy she was acting like she disliked me and I didn't have a clue what I had done.


My Dad spent most of his time with the girls.  He probably spent more time with them than I did.  His work hours were of his own making he could perform a concert whenever he wanted to and had the time to spend with the girls unlike me as I was working.


I was becoming pretty miserable and threw myself into martial arts, although it didn't help much, I had tried to talk to her but she kept pushing me away, we were barely speaking to each other by the time Lukes birthday arrived.


I watched her potty training Luke, then she put him to bed.  I was stood right there in the room and she never spoke to me once, I couldn't take it anymore.



"Lemon we need to talk,"
"What about?"
"Us, I want to know what is wrong with you?"
"Nothing"

I went to hug her and she reacted exactly how I expected her to


"Don't Blake!!"
"See!!!  why do you keep pushing me away?"
"Just leave me alone!!"
"Lemon please tell me what is wrong!!"


Without another word she scurried off.  I went after her but stopped suddenly in my tracks seeing Rhubarb rubbing her tummy in a tell tale way.

"Your pregnant!!"
"Great isn't it, your getting a new little brother or sister!!"
"Was it planned?"
"No it wasn't planned, but we are happy about it, your Dad wanted to tell you himself, but he has a concert tonight"


The next day when I got back from work I decided to have it out with Lemon, not thinking I automatically went to hug her, again she pushed me away then stood there staring away from me like she could not bare to look at me.


"I don't know what the hell is wrong with you Lemon, but I have had enough of you pushing me away and treating me like you can't bear to be near me."
"Not now Blake"  She look over towards our parents like she was scared of them hearing.
"Yes, NOW Lemon because I have had enough and this has gone on way too long!!!!"


She took off again without saying another word to me.


I didn't have a clue how I was going to get through to her!!


----------------------
---------------------

2 comments:

  1. Oh poor Blake :(

    The kids are all cute in their own unique way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures of Blake and Lemon fighting and Rhubarb and Toby kissing. Poor Blake! The picture of Lacey and Larna playing together is so cute.

    ReplyDelete