Tuesday 15 November 2011

Chapter 17 - Gen 2 - Blake

You never know what you are going to get on a blind date, but I didn't expect what happened.  We were too late to watch a movie we missed the last viewing by 15 minutes, so we decided to Tour the Theatre as I had never been in there before then we planned to go and eat somewhere.  I had been speaking to Scarlet for years now and I felt like I knew her the only thing I hadn't known was what she looked like and I was not disappointed.


We toured the theatre,and when we got backstage it was pretty dark and hard to see, but as Scarlet had been here before she took my hand and led the way.  She must have stopped suddenly because I bumped into her, the next thing I know we are making out backstage.  One way to break the ice I suppose.


I was worrying that things might be moving a little too fast, but I took her back to my place anyway, and she agreed to spend the night.


I was not happy when we walked in and the first thing I could see in the kitchen was Rhubarb and Lemon's ghost..  I grabbed scarlet's hand and took her straight upstairs so she wouldn't see the ghosts.


I am not sure if she actually saw them or not but she didn't say anything.  I didn't get the chance to get upset over seeing Lemon out only for the second time since she died, Scarlet helped me put Lemon to the back of my mind and we spent our first night together.


When I woke up it was quite late and Scarlet had gone.


As it was the weekend I found all four kids in the kitchen.  Luke as usual filling the house with the music, he is learning how to play the piano at the moment and he carries it around and just puts it down anywhere and starts playing.


I shouted a little when I saw Larna trying to repair the broken dish washer.



I couldn't stop thinking about Scarlet, so I phoned her.

"You ran out on me this morning, was it that bad?"
"NO!!! I had work silly, that's where I am now."
"You should have woke me!"
"You looked peaceful so I left you, I was planning to phone you after work."



I thought I would surprise Scarlet and turn up at her work, on the way I spotted Larna and Angel making out at the subway stop.  They were far too busy to even notice me slip past them and through the doors to the station.  I was now resigned to the fact that it wasn't a faze that she was going through and she definitely hadn't grown out of it with age.


I did surprise her, she didn't think I knew where she worked.

"I just brought you these flowers, but I won't stop, I don't want to get you into trouble."
"No its fine, there is never any management around at the weekend, beside there are no guests in at the moment the hotels empty so I would be glad of the company, so stay"
"As long as your sure!!"
"Sure, in fact, I am due a dinner hour."


She took me to one of the rooms, I felt like a naughty little boy doing something I shouldn't, which of course made it more exciting.


We spent more than an hour messing about.  Time flies when you are having fun!!


"Have you seen the time!!"
"Oh no, I supposed I had better be getting back to the front desk."
"Yes I think you should, will I see you later!!"
"Sorry I can't tonight I have something planned with my sister, too short noticed to cancel, but tomorrow I am free."


I was happy and in a really good mood when I got home, a good job really, because I was hit with something as soon as I walked into the house, and it was a good job I had no plans to see Scarlet later because I think things are going to get a little bit rocky (no pun intended).

"Mr Ugli can I have a word with you please."
"Angel call me Blake, you make me feel old calling me Mr Ugli, so what do you want to talk to me about?"
"Me and Larna, I am just going to say it - we got engaged."


"Pardon?"
"We got engaged."
"So why isn't she telling me this?"
"She was too scared to, and I didn't want to wait till she had plucked up the courage, you haven't objected to us being together not like my parents, well my Mom mainly, and we could really do with your help""


I was shocked, of course I was, I had never really thought it through, they are engaged and want to get married, I had not even thought that far ahead.  Angels said her Mom was not going to be pleased, she was going to go absolutely ballistic..  They needed somewhere to live so I said that Angel could live here with Larna and I would help them to get their own place.  I told them they were not to drag their feet in telling Coconut and Rocky, they were my friends and I didn't want to fall out with them over this, first thing in the morning Angel was to get her parents round here so it could all be sorted out.


So with a little bit of room juggling and a new double bed ordered, Larna and Angel moved into my bedroom, the room I had only used just once since we moved in here.


With all that was going on with Larna and Angel, I completely forgot that it was Lacey's birthday.  She aged up into a young adult.


I had a lot to think about, and I have a life time wish to work on. 



I was up early the next morning, not looking forward to what might be coming.

"Really Dad - Hotdogs for breakfast?" Larna started laughing.
"That's what Luke requested it's his favourite food"
"You spoil him!!"
"No I don't - come on eat up you two, Angel has a phone call to make!!"


"Dad, I am at Larna's"
******
"Yes I know she will, but I don't care!!"
******
"No Dad, I am a young adult now its time she started to listen to what I want."
******
"Whatever, but I want you two to come round to Larna's so we can sort this out once and for all!!"


"Don't worry she will come, just tell her where I am and she will be round here as quick as to drag me back home by my hair, you know what she is like!!"
******
"Thanks Dad."


--------------
--------------

a pretty comical moment that I just had to share.
Lemons ghost followed Blake upstairs and when she went through the bedroom wall she stopped dead.  Blake and Scarlet were, well you know busy :)  Lemon floated back through the wall then threw up on the landing.

3 comments:

  1. LOL at Lemon! That is too funny. Ooh Lacey has aged up I'm guessing we will have the kissing soon?? Can't wait for the drama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. while I am on Blakes generation Lacey will be behaving herself lol - i am just letting her wander round on freewill till she takes over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Lemon was upset :(
    I hope they get to sort things out with Angel's mom

    ReplyDelete