Sunday 18 December 2011

Chapter 3 - Gen 3 - Lacey

My Dad is having a mid life crisis and he is acting very strangely at the moment.  Of course everyone is blaming me for it, like I am responsible for what his hormones are doing!!!  Dad isn't speaking to me and is upset that he has lost his best friend because of me, apparently Dad and Rocky had a right bust up.  Everyone is mad at me for that too, and yes they can blame me for that one.  My sister and Angel are not talking to me and to top it all off, Rocky won't answer my calls.  Not one of them care that I am probably the most upset in all this, actually only one person has showed me any concern, Scarlet and she is the last person I want to share my thoughts with, no matter how desperate I become I won't be crying on her shoulder!!


All my life seemed to be at the moment is work and then home to hostility.


Everyone at home not talking to me there was only one person I could turn to - Bilbo.  I did think about Leon but he was no good to me I knew exactly what he would say and he was another one not really talking to me properly after our disagreement.

"What's this I hear, you have been causing a right stir haven't you madam!!"
"You know - how?"
"Basically everyone has nothing else to talk about at the moment."
"Is it that bad?"
"Yes I am afraid so!!"


"I know I shouldn't be encouraging you and I can understand where your Dad is coming from I would feel exactly the same if it were my daughter in your shoes, but you are my friend and I can understand your side too, maybe I shouldn't tell you this but you do know that he is working at the laundrette cafe don't you"
"No I didn't know."
"Well as he won't answer your calls, maybe you should go and have it out with him once and for all!!"


Rocky was exactly where Bilbo said he would be, behind the till in the laundrette cafe.

"Since when did you start working here?"
"Lacey, please, just turn around and go home."
"No, not until we have talked."
"I told you everything that needs saying Lacey, forget me, find someone your own age."
"What if I don't want to!!"
"Well you are going to have to."


"You can't do this to me!!"
"I know I am sorry I should never have let it go as far as it did, but I have no choice Lacey and I just want you to leave me alone"

He got pretty angry with me, he started shouting and said some horrible things, he started calling me a stupid child again and told me he didn't want me in his life, he loved his wife and I was to keep away from him, if I didn't he would help my Dad carry out his threat of sending me away to relatives in Jugville where I was out of harms way and couldn't ruin his life - he had me running out the laundrette in floods of tears.


When I had had time to calm down and think about everything he actually had made me pretty angry.  It is at times like this that I missed not having a Mom to talk to.


I was made to feel worse, everyone around me, at home and at work, seemed to be getting a love life.

Autumn had a boyfriend, River Teal, I remember him from when I was young, he used to come home with Larna quite a lot after school, he was actually the first friend Larna made after Dad moved us here.  Of course, to Dad, River was now the best thing since sliced bread and the sort of boyfriend I should be looking for.  Dad was happy to let his new best buddy move in to live with Autumn.


Even Luke seemed to be getting an active social life with more than one woman that I knew too, I don't think he was romantically linked with either of them yet but he was always with  either Red or Topaz.  It seemed he had started to get over his knock back from Lilly, I know that had hit him pretty hard.


I was still phoning Rocky and most of the time he didn't answer my call if he did he would just say, he was at work and too busy to talk and put the phone down on me.  I guess I must be getting on his nerves by now because tonight I got a new one - "Just get lost Lacey!!"


Of course that sent me into an angry rage and I went stomping straight round to the laundrettes and I don't think Rocky knew what had hit him when I stormed in and started to have a go at him.


He tried to calm me down but it doesn't working, the only thing that shut me up was him kissing me, it was the last thing I expected but I wasn't going to complain.  After a short time he had another one of his panics and pushed me away - he couldn't blame me this time - he kissed me and its not like I asked him too.  I am not sure why he chose to kiss me at that precise moment, if it was his way of shutting me up it was pretty damn stupid.



"Lacey please I can't do this!!"
"Why not - I know you feel it too."
"You know why not, my wife and kids, your Dad, the age gap and everyone's lives we are going to ruin, please Lacey I need you to forget this, forget me and get on with your life."
"I can't"
"Your going to have to Lacey its for your own good, I can not do this - I won't do it Lacey.!!"



He was virtually in tears begging me to leave him alone and to forget about what had happened between us.  Like it was that simple!!!  I couldn't see me winning this one, he was adamant that he was going to lose his temper with me if I didn't leave him alone, I was messing up his life for him and if I thought anything of him I would walk away.


We were pretty oblivious to the Paparazzi quietly watching everything we were doing, but he had seen us kissing each other and that's all it took to set off the gossip again.


It soon got out and Luke bumped into Coconut who was quick to tell Luke that me and Rocky had been spotted together again, and of course she couldn't take it out on me so she took it out on the next best thing, my brother.  Luke said she was livid going on about me and Rocky betraying her. 


.Out of the blue I got a phone call from Leon, it had been ages since I spoke to him, he had been very upset with me when he asked me to be his girlfriend and I said no.


I had a day off work and decided to invite Leon round, I needed a detraction and it would be nice to get my best friend back, but some how chilling out with my best mate was not how it ended up.


I kissed him, something I had wanted to do for a long time.  I think I shocked him more than I shocked myself I had this mad idea that just popped into my head and just went ahead and kissed him without thinking it through properly  I had to try and forget about Rocky and the only way I would probably do that was to get into a relationship with someone, and why not Leon.  I did like Leon but not as much as Rocky and settling for Leon looked like the best I was ever going to get at the moment.  Maybe just maybe, if Rocky found out he might even get jealous - unlikely I know but I can dream can't I!!!


"What did you do that for?"
"I wanted to."
"I don't think I believe that lacey I know exactly how you feel about him and I know you have been seeing him lately, caused quite a scandal you two have."
"It's what you wanted isn't it, me and you"
"Yes but I am not sure you are doing this for the right reasons, I want the truth Lacey, why did you just kiss me?"
"I kissed you because I wanted to and, Ok yes, something did happen between us but it won't be happening again, its over he's married and he doesn't feel the same way about me."
"I did tell you didn't I that you were going to make a fool of yourself."
"Yes I know you did"


"I want to know one thing Lacey that its definitely over and you have got this stupid crush on him out of your system."
"Yes" I lied
"Truthfully?"
"Yes Leon."
"Ok well maybe you can kiss me again just so as I know I was not just dreaming."


Of course one thing led to another.

"Are you sure about this?" 
"Yes I am sure!!"


"So what now?"
"We take things slowly I suppose."
"A little late for that don't you think, No I meant what are we doing now only I am starving."
"Oh sorry, just look in the fridge there is always food in there."


"Leon your making a show of yourself, I guess you finally got you leg over with Lacey!!"
"Shut up River!!"
"Well you did didn't you."
"Yeah"
"Well you best not let Blake see you strutting around like that, he doesn't take too kindly to the men in his little princesses life!!"
"River you know why he wasn't pleased about Rocky and stop trying to wind me up, we are not at school any more, I have always got on with Blake I am sure he will be fine about us."
"Us - so this isn't a one off then?"
"No, I guess you will be seeing  a lot more of me from now on seeing as you live here now."


"I wandered what was taking you so long!!"
"I forgot you had ghosts in your house."
"You used to be scared of them!!"
"Well they don't look so frightening now they are not a lot bigger than me!!


"You are staying over aren't you?"
"Yes if you want me to"


Our house was getting fuller by the minute, Luke has moved his girlfriend Topaz in. 


I like both River and Topaz but put them together and things got quite amuzing their bickering was so funny sometimes, but could also get very annoying.  When we were at school Topaz and River used to date each other and broke up before they graduated but you could see there were still some unfinished issues between them and it was easy to see they had a history together, we had to hear about it often enough.  But I don't think anyone was worried about them living in the same house because you could see that Topaz was happy with Luke and River with Autumn.  And we could always tell when they were in the same room together even if we couldn't see them we could hear them tearing strips off each other.


My Dad was now over his mid life crisis and seemed pretty much back to his old self but not where I was concerned, these days it was not often he actually went out of his way to talk to me - I wandered if he was ever going to forgive me for Rocky.  I am sure that everyone else could also feel the cold atmosphere when we were in the same room together.

"Who did you have in your room last night Lacey?." Dad suddenly snapped at me
"Leon"
"Leon Sharpe?"
"Yes."
"Well I hope you aren't messing that nice boy about, you already have a naughty reputation I hope you are not making it worse than it already is."
"No Dad I am not messing him about, and for your information, if your wandering about Rocky I won't be seeing him any more, you got your way so get off my back because your attitude with me is seriously starting to get on my nerves!!"


I didn't even look at him I just walked away.  At one time I would never have dared or even dreamt of speaking to my Dad in that way, but our relationship was getting worse by the day we weren't even friends any more and I don't know how we are ever going to fix it while he was harbouring a grudge, and I get the feeling it might be something he is never going to let go of.


-----------------
------------------
Rocky was sooooooooooo frustrating he got a job in the laundrette and was stood behind the food register literally 24/7 Any time day or night when lacey phoned him he was at work and two busy to talk and didn't know when he would be done.  I was a little surprised when River moved in to find out that Topaz was his ex girlfriend now dating Luke - this could get interesting!!  Especially as Blake seemed to have a little obsession with Topaz at one time.

1 comment:

  1. You have a bit of full house going on with everyone moving their loves into it. I wonder if Leon is going to get abused by Lacey.

    ReplyDelete