Wednesday 21 December 2011

Chapter 4 - Gen 3 - Lacey

Having Topaz around made it a little awkwards sometimes especially where work was concerned.  I have probably not mentioned yet that Topoz is my boss at work.  Sometimes it had it's advantages, but there were also disadvantages to having your boss as your future sister in law and living in your house.



I now got to share a carpool with Topaz and Autumn too, I felt like I was with both of them 24/7 which sometimes really got on my nerves.

"Where is Autumn she is going to make us late AGAIN."
"Fixing her hair the last time I looked."
"She is so slow in the mornings probably because her and River are giggling half the night. they kept me awake again last night running around the landing like a pair of kids."
"Maybe you should change rooms."
"Me and Luke are going to start looking for a place of our own soon."
"That's great!!"
"I bet you will be glad to see the back of me, I feel like I spend a lot more time with you than I do Luke."
"That's because you do!!"




As we were late into work Topaz insisted we stayed late to make up for it - typical when I had a date straight after work.  I would have had time to run in and get changed, now I am already late I needed to phone Leon and tell him I would be late.  Pulling my phone out of my pocket while I was making my way in to change out of my work clothes I stopped dead in my tracks and just stood there staring at my phone.  My phone had been in my jacket pocket which I hung up and didn't wear while I was working and obviously I had missed the calls that were now showing on my phone as missed calls.   Three missed calls from Rocky.  I was stunned, it had been a while since I had seen or spoken to him - why would he phone me and more than once? 


What was he playing at, I had been doing well I thought, I had resisted all temptation to go to the launderette to see him, I have stopped jogging past his house, had not phoned him once and can go at least 10 minutes at a time without thinking about him - and now he goes and phones me.  My head was swimming I can't phone him if I hear his voice it will just set me off again!!!  


"Where have you been I almost gave up on you and your still in your work clothes"
"Sorry, we had to work late and I did mean to phone you but you know how it gets I never got round to it."
"It started 15 minutes ago, its hardly worth going in now."
"Actually can we skip the movie I am not really in the mood now, come home with me instead."
"Something wrong?"
"I'm just tired, I've had a busy day and just need to unwind."


Leon had been a good distraction up until now, I couldn't get Rocky out of my head again, it was killing me wandering why he had phoned me but I didn't dare find out, no doubt he would just mess me about again and I don't think I could bare it again.  At least with Leon I knew I was safe, he had loved me for a long time I doubt he would ever mess me about.



To quietly for Lacey to hear
"Hey Leon have you heard what's been going on with the Gigg's"
"No what?"
"Rocky and Coconut had a fight - they broke up, she threw all his stuff out into the street."
"He deserves it don't you think!!!"
"She threw Benji and Caramel our too she couldnt hack them being gay!!."
"Does Lacey know?"
"I am not sure I haven't said anything to her"
"When did this happen?"
"Well over a week ago."
"So where are the three of them living?"
"I am not sure."
"Please don't tell Lacey."
"She's over all that isn't she."
"She says she is but sometimes I wander"

Watching Topaz and Leon together giggling and whispering while I was trying to make us something to eat  - I wandered what that was all about, Leon was laughing then his expression totally changed, he didn't look happy with whatever Topaz was telling him.

"Hey you two whats all the whispering for?" I asked
I saw the two of them exchange a look that I didn't like.
"Oh nothing - just telling Leon what you did in the lab today."
"THANK Topaz!!!  You said that you wouldn't say anything!!!"
"It is too funny not to!!!"
I saw them exchange another look, Leon looked confused.
"Running an hour long experiment in the cooling machine on her cup of coffee instead of the concoction she had spent hours mixing, its just a good job you didn't drink the concoction - girl I am wandering where your head is at!!!"
She was lying I'd put a bet on that they were talking about something else.


Autumn and River got engaged.  They surprised us all by planning quite a quick wedding, it was just a week away, they didn't really see the point in waiting, River had it all planned out, he had saved up enough money for a honeymoon in China and had bought a small house on the other side of town to live in when they returned from their holiday.  So the golden boy had earned even more brownie points with my Dad, who still wasn't talking to me.


Dad was actually great with Leon sometimes nattering away for hours, but when it came to me - nothing, I am really not sure what is his problem still, I had Leon round here virtually every night,  he was here so often now staying over most nights he might as well move in he was here so much.  I was not seeing or even speaking to Rocky but still my Dad was not happy with me.


"Are you sure your ok?"
"Yeah I am just tired and overworked."
"You know you can talk to me about anything."
"Yeah I know, what were you and Topaz really whispering about earlier."
"It was like she said."
"I don't believe you I saw the look on your face."


"Leon stop trying to change the subject!!"


I do really like Leon and I think we could be quite happy together as a couple, but Rocky is always lurking around in the back of my head. 



"Why don't you move in when Topaz and Luke leave, they are moving out after their honeymoon"
"Really and that's what you want, me to move in with you?
"Yeah well you are here most of the time anyway, you living here is not going to make that much difference is it?"
"I suppose not, I'll think about it."




"What is there to think about?"
"What about your Dad?
"He doesn't mind I asked him already, he likes you and he said its ok."



One of Leon's traits is Never Naked which really makes me laugh, especially when he gets into the hot tub full dressed.

"Take your clothes off."
"No - you know I won't"
"It's not like I haven't seen it all before."
"Why anyway, someone might see me."
"You know why and nobody is watching"


The morning of the wedding I was looking out of the kitchen window, watching Autumn and River nervously waiting for the wedding guests to arrive.  I had heard a few guests already nattering away in the hall, I recognised my sisters laugh rising above the quite conversation so Larna and Angel must have arrived already.  Angel - just another trigger to get me thinking about Rocky again - I really wish I could get him out of my head.



I was miles away thinking about Rocky while I was watching River who was nervously fidgeting and annoying Autumn who looked as calm as ever, I swear nothing ever fazes Autumn.  So when I heard his voice I seriously thought it was in my head.

"Lacey"
I am driving myself mad now I can hear Rocky's voice in my head.
"Lacey, please don't ignore me"
"Go away" I said out loud and went to put my hands on my head.
"I am sorry I know I shouldn't have come round here  - I'll go"
It was only then I realised it wasn't in my head Rocky was actually stood behind me.  I spun round to face him.
"NO, Rocky wait."



"What are you doing here?"
"Is there somewhere we can talk, in private?"
"You pick your moments, the wedding is about to start."
"I would never have come if I had realised there was a wedding today."
"Didn't Angel tell you, she is here somewhere."
"No I haven't really spoken to her much lately, her and Larna are both still pretty mad with me."


"Why did you phone me three times last week?"
"I was having a weak moment,."
"I don't understand."
"I have tried to keep away from you Lacey but I can't do it any more, I can't get you out of my head and it is driving me crazy!!!"

I was stunned into silence I couldn't quite believe what I was hearing, and was even more stunned when he told me that he and Coconut had broken up ages ago straight after the second time we were spotted together at the launderette.  How did I not know, why had nobody told me, my family knew about this and they had all hidden it from me.



I saw my Dad walk into the kitchen he was smiling. then when he saw Rocky standing there his facial expression changed completely.  He snapped at me quite angrily.

"Lacey outside NOW - your Aunt is about to get married"
"I am going Dad, keep your shirt on!!
"Rocky I suggest you leave."
"NO Dad - he is going nowhere, Rocky stay there and don't move I will be back as soon as the ceremony is over."


The wedding started but I couldn't concentrate, I wanted it to hurry up and be over so that I could get back inside to Rocky.  I heard Leon behind me, I hadn't even given Leon a thought., in a few days he should be moving in with me - omg - what was I about to do to Leon!!!


While Autumn and River were cutting the cake, I noticed Rocky had come out to watch, everyone looking at him in a strange way.  My Dad looked like he was going to erupt, but kept his cool I suppose so as not to spoil the day for Autumn and River.


Everyone was standing around eating cake, drinking and chatting, and my family were definitely watching me and Rocky.  My Dad really was not happy and I know I was going to cop it when this wedding was over but I didn't care.  What does he have to moan about any more Rocky was no longer married and the age difference didn't bothered me - so was it really any of his business.


I held my breath when Leon made his way over to me, because I think I knew what was coming


"What the hell is he doing here?"
"He just turned up."
"So you just thought you would make a fool of me!!!"
"No Leon!!"
"Well you did, I thought we had something I was even moving in here next week, I should have known this would happen!!!"
"I am sorry, it was planned, I never dreamt in a million years he would turn up and tell me ......"
"SHUT UP - I don't want to hear it!!!!!"


"Leon I'm sorry!!!"

He was livid and in a way I felt really guilty I knew he loved me and he knew there was no point even trying to beg me, he knows how I feel about Rocky he knows there is just no contest.  There was no breaking up of sorts because he was not officially my boyfriend, but this was definately going to be the end for me and Leon, including our friendship.  He probably felt about me the way I felt about Rocky - I know how he is going to be feeling and I wouldn't wish the pain on my worst enemy and now I am doing it to me best friend and there was nothing I could do to make it any better.


"I just saw Leon storm out. after he gave me a mouthful, I have made a right mess of things I am sorry!!"
"Forget it he knows how I feel about you, he has for a long time, even  before you did."
"I am sorry Lacey I didn't realise, if I had known about Leon I would never have come, I didn't mean to mess things up for you!!"
"Don't worry I was only amusing myself trying to find something to keep me from thinking about you."
"And did it help?"
"No, not really!!"


"Come on lets go to my room to celebrate."
"No Lacey  - slow down, first we need to talk."

------------------
------------------
I was just resigning myself to the fact that Lacey was going to end up with Leon when Rocky just turned up all of a sudden out of the blue.  He had refused to come round or talk to Lacey because of the stupid job that he had and I had actually given up on him  and was about to overwrite the wishes she had regarding Rocky. because Leon was around her she was rolling plenty of wishes regarding him.   Rocky wasn't invited to Autumns wedding but just turned up, and he did actually go to Lacey first.  I was nicely surprised that it showed he was single and unemployed - so the SP took away all the drama that there could have been and of course as soon as Rocky was under Lacey's nose the Rocky wishes started to roll :)  Poor Leon got dropped like a tonne of bricks :(

2 comments:

  1. But I liked her with Leon. :D You do know that if the kids look anything like Rocky they are not going to be ugly. Autumn looks pretty for her wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay she ended up with Rocky! It's about time he pulled his head out of his rump and came around.

    As much as I love seeing them together I have to agree with Sweet. Better hope the kids take after Lacey or your ugly baby streak could be over. Maybe they will just have to have lots of babies....;)

    ReplyDelete