Thursday 29 December 2011

Chapter 7 - Gen 3 - Lacey

My step mother is really not happy she badly wants a baby and my Dad is just not interested in having any more kids, so her finding out I was pregnant again did not go down too well.  I am really surprised that Dad would not want any more children, maybe he had enough after bringing the four of us up alone.  Scarlet is my age so it is only natural that she would want children, in a way I felt sorry for her.


 As usually I am sat on the sidelines while Rocky and Jasmine are stuck together, I wander if he fussed this much over Angel and Benji when they were little?!


Rocky finished off her potty training


It is pretty cute to watch Jasmine using the potty chair all on her own, she looked so grown up.  I worried how she was going to react to the new baby, especially if Rocky treated the baby like he treated her, taking away some of the attention he gives her she might start getting jealous like I was.  Rocky definitely had not been as attentive to me and this pregnancy like he had been the last time.


I was getting pretty huge and the baby was due any minute, this pregnancy seemed to have flown by.


I wanted Rocky to read a pregnancy book hoping that this time he wouldn't go into such a mad panic and at least be a little bit useful to me.


He actually read both books and just as he was finishing the second book the pains started.


"AAAAAAWWWWWWWWW"


 Reading those books did not make a scrap of difference - he still screamed as much as I did!!!


Cody arrived even quicker than Jasmine had, he was going to be happy he has got the little boy that he wanted.


The minute I put Cody down Rocky was there and scooping him up to make a fuss of him - forget the fact my back was killing me!!


"Oh so you do remember me then!!"
"What is that supposed to mean?"
"You hardly pay any attention to me these days!!"
"Your just being silly!!"
"Am I"


"Daddie up! Daddie up!"  Jasmine was awake
"You had better sort madam out before she starts screaming and she wakes Cody up."


"Lacey wait - where are you going?"
"To sort out my garden."


"Cody is asleep, your Dad is keeping Jasmine amused so now you can tell me what's wrong with you"
"I think you spent way too much time with the kids and in the process you are ignoring me."
"Do you know how childish that sounds!!"
"Well I can't help it, it's the way I feel  - you do fuss over the children too much, you are spoiling them, and I feel like we don't spend any time together any more."
"I was the same with Angel and Benji, I am sorry its just the way that I am I can't help it but it doesn't mean I am ignoring you on purpose.  You should tell me or say something instead of going off and sulking"


 "Cody is crying."
"Your Dad is baby sitting for the rest of the day so we can spend some time together."
"Really!!"


The result of us getting to spend all afternoon and night together, I think - baby number three.


Scarlet had her birthday she is now a mature adult.  Nobody realised it was her birthday, I don't think she even remembered herself, she had actually gone to bed.


Something was bugging me - Cody had not been sent one of those dolls like what Jasmine had.  I know how much Jasmine loved her doll so decided to get mine out to give to Cody.


"Dolly Dolly - me want dolly"  Jasmine had spotted me with my doll.


"No Jasmine this is mommies Dolly see"
To distract her I started to talk through the doll and Jasmine found it highly amusing.


"Where did that one come from Lacey?"
"It was mine when I was a child"


"I thought as Jasmine has one and  Cody didn't have one he could have mine, its no good to me is it."
"That's a good idea as she won't even let me touch her doll"

I told him that I thought I was pregnant again, we hadn't planned it, we must have just gotten too carried away that day that Dad looked after the kids so we could spend some time together.   Of course he was really happy that there was another baby on the way.  I put my old doll in Cody's crib and went to make myself something to eat.


I had the shock of my life when I heard a strange voice behind me, I turned round and thought I might be seeing things, I swear that looked like a child sized version of my doll!!!!  I'm going mad!!!


"You know you can not just give me away like that, I am your friend, nobody else can ever see me, not unless you make me real."
"OMG it talks!!!"
"Of course I talk and if you had got me out before now you would have found out sooner!!"


"You don't need to poke me like that, it hurts!!"
"I am having a bad dream right?!"
"No I am here and you are not going mad and unless you have forgotten my name is Hesper."


"Well Hesper do me a favour will you, go away and leave me alone!!"
I had closed my eyes and when I opened them again he had gone.  I just dreamt that didn't I!!!

I started making myself grilled cheese, laughing at myself a little, I really must be going mad.  I felt the baby moving about and started to rub my stomach, forgetting I was cooking.


"Lacey that food is burning"
"Rocky if your quick you will feel the baby moving about"

I threw away the burnt grilled cheese and Rocky told me to sit down and he would do it.  When I put the plate into the dishwasher it made a strange noise smoke started coming out of it, and water poured onto the floor.  I wanted to fix it but I didn't dare in my condition so I called the repair man and went and watched tv with Jasmine while I waited for Rocky to shout me when the food was cooked.


"Leave it Scarlet, Lacey has called the repairman."
"It's not a problem I have fixed this stupid dishwasher loads of times."

Too late, Scarlet who was standing in water electrocuted herself.


"Scarlet, are you ok??? 
Rocky is a little slow to realise Scarlet was dead.
"Oh Shit!!!"


Blake comes home from work and he realised straight away what was going on.

"Please not again!!"


It is early afternoon so why is Lemons ghost around to nosey in proceedings???


"Why did this happen to me again?"



Poor Blake!!!!
He has just lost his second wife through an accident.



--------------
--------------

4 comments:

  1. That's kind of tragic for Blake to lose his 2nd wife in an accident too. Maybe Lemon's ghost caused it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was very strange how lemons ghost appeared during the daytime - his first wife watching Grim collect his second wife - it is a little fishy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG....I feel so bad for Blake. It really makes me want to cry that he can't keep a wife :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scarlet never got a baby either. :(

    ReplyDelete