Friday 6 January 2012

Chapter 11 - Gen 3 - Lacey

"Why is it everytime I see you on the phone you are always talking to the same person?"
"We are mates."
"Since when and don't you have mates of your own age."
"Yeah but he is more interesting!!


"You don't have a mad crush on him do you, I know what teenage girls get like, and I really don't like the tone of conversation I am hearing."
"No Dad!!"
"Well just remember he is gay, and married to your half brother, it should be Benji that you should try to get close to not Caramel!!"
"I do know!"
"Good, anyway what's happened to that Jacob."
"I don't know he never phones me."
"And Caramel does?"
"Sometimes and sometimes I phone him."
"Well maybe you should try ringing Jacob instead of Caramel!!"


"Your Dad is concerned about you and Caramel."
"Not again - he is just a mate like I told Dad!!!"
"So you don't have a crush on him?"
"No Mom can you drop it please!!"


 I was going to tackle her about it more but the doorbell rang and I was distracted by River coming to visit, I was surprised he came alone and didn't bring Autumn with him.


He just came to catch up it had been ages since we had seen him or Autumn.  They had never had any children, which I found strange.


"You know my birthday is in a few days don't you."
"Is it already?"  I had totally forgot that he would soon becoming elderly.
"Well I am warning you - no surprise parties - becoming elderly is nothing to celebrate."
"You should have a party Dad we havent had one for years."
"NO!!!!  I will be very cross if you arange anything!!!"
"OK OK"
"Maybe you should start preparing yourself."
"What for?"
"Rocky being elderly - don't forget his birthday is not too long after mine!!"


 We had three other birthdays before Dads.  Cody and the twins.
Cody became a teenager, and it was pretty obvious that he was turning out to be a yellow eyed clone of his Dad.


The twins are now children and I am sure our children are getting prettier not uglier.  Now I really had a problem that I had to put to Rocky, none of our children carry the ugli gene, they are all too good looking to become the next heir to our family legacy and I never expected to be saying that!!!


Rocky as usual missed their birthdays as he was at work.


Dad had his birthday and became elderly.  It was hard to see him looking this way and doubly hard knowing that Rocky would soon be becoming elderly - one of the days I have always dreaded.


He said that he would be leaving us for a while, he was going back to Jugville to catch up with family that he had not seen since he had left there.


"Before I go Lacey I need to say something"
"What Dad?"
"Your children - none of them carry the Ugli gene and I am worried that our family legacy is going to end with you"
"Yes I know Dad, it has been worrying me too."
"Well maybe you need to work on another baby before I come back."
"Yes I know I already plan to do that, once I have talked Rocky round."
"Do you want me to have a word with him."
"No Dad, I'll get round him, don't worry yourself!!"


Cody is doing really well learning the guitar and it wouldn't surprise me if he decided on a career in music.  He has decided on his lifetime wish and wants to become and One Sim Band and master the four instruments, guitar, drums, bass and piano.


Kai has gained a fascination for the chemistry table and unlike his brother has yet to blow himself up yet.


"Stop sulking, you know what I said after the twins - no more!!"
"I am not sulking - this is more important than me just wanting a baby!!"
"Don't fib and what's so important?"
"I need an ugly child."
"What??!!" 


"You know about our family legacy, I have told you about it."
"Yes and - you have 5 kids there to choise from!!"
"Yes but none of them are any good - they take after you - none of them carry the ugli gene."
"Jasmine has your ears - is that not enough."
"No, she is pretty regardless of her ears."


"Please Rocky I have to try for another baby - I have to have an ugly child."
"Is it really so important?"
"Yes, I am letting my Dad down again if I don't get an ugly child and the legacy finishes with me."
"Ok, one more and I mean it Lacey this is the last one I will soon be elderly and I am not even going to see this last child become a young adult and you know that's why I don't want any more, if I was younger we could have had loads more, but I am not I am getting too old."


"You know if this doesn't work you are going to have to wait till I am gone and find someone else who can give you ugly babies."
"Shut up Rocky, don't talk like that!!!"
"I mean it Lacey and am just being realistic, I don't care however this child turns out -  this is my last one."


Rocky, Jasmine and Cody were having a jam session together, Kai in his favourite place, the chemistry table, but the twins, they both were worrying me a little, I found their behaviour pretty odd at times.  They didn't act like twins they were not close at all and both seem like loners, didn't bother anyone else very much and went around in their own little world.  Cory always tended to be in fancy dress acting out tea parties and holding kings courts or moping about in the sandpit.  Casey was either reading or fishing - and even tried fishing in the swimming pool that really made me laugh.


I knew I was pregnant again when I started throwing up.


 I was praying that this child was going to be ugly, I didn't care if it was a boy or girl just as long as it has the ugli genes I would be happy!!


All of our kids were pretty good - they got there homework done as soon as they get back from school and are all getting a grade A at school.


I used maternity leave to improve the skills I needed improving for work.  I found reading gardening books was a lot better than actually gardening.  My garden was now completely dead and I had no interest in sorting it out.


Cory was falling deeper into the little world he lived in and he was really starting to worry me.  Rocky said it showed he had a good imagination and he did not think that there was anything to worry about, he thought maybe he would become a famous actor or writer when he was older, I was not so sure!!!  This roleplaying was all he ever did outside of school, he hardly interacted socially with any of us other than Rocky.


Out of the blue Angel phoned Cody up and asked if he wanted to hang out, pretty strange as he had not even met her,  he had seen her at school as she worked there but she had never acknowledged that she was his sister.  Angel had shown even less interest than Benji had in his half siblings.  Cody went round more out of curiosity but did not stay long.


Kai had his birthday and is now a teenager.


I am not really sure why, but me and Rocky were both sat in the hall of all places, both of us rereading pregnancy books when the pains started.


"AAAWWW"


Rocky panicked as usual but for only a few minutes then went and did something new which I would have laughed at if I was not in so much pain.


He decided to play his guitar while he waited for the baby to arrive.


It was not long before the baby arrived.  A boy we called Cain.


It amazed me that for once I got his attention before the baby did.


But it didn't take him long toget back into his usual baby monopoly mode.


"Lacey you know you might just have that ugly child you wanted."
"Really?"
"Yes he has your nose and have you seen the size of his ears."

Fingers crossed but we will have to see how he looks when he grows up.


----------------
----------------

1 comment:

  1. The older kids do look good, so it's a good thing that the last one lookis like its going to be ugly for you.

    ReplyDelete