Tuesday 3 January 2012

Chapter 9 - Gen 3 - Lacey

Our doorbell rang and when Dad went to the door he was surprised to find that it was Benji, he had finally come round to visit his dad.


He couldn't keep his eyes off Cody and he looked very uncomfortable.

"So how many kids have you two got now?"
"Three but we want another one."
"What's his name?"
"Cody"


"You can hold him if you like."
"Oh No!!!  Dad you know I don't like them!!"
"Benji you make me really sad!!"


"Daddie who is the funny man in the white coat?"
"That's Benji your big brother."


Benji has the dislikes children trait and was very uncomfortable around Cody, not so uncomfortable around Jasmine but still you could see that he would much rather she was not there.  Jasmine being the little chatterbox would not leave Benji alone and they actually became quite good friends.


Me, I was suspicious that I was pregnant again already.  Even though Rocky had the three children he wanted originally we decided it would be nice to have another one hopefully a girl to even it out, it would be nice to have 2 boys and 2 girls.


"So when do you think you will be coming back to work Lacey?"
"Well I was due back pretty soon but I think my maternity leave might have to be extended again."
"Your not pregnant again?"
"Yes I think so"
"Well I hope you know I am about to get a promotion that should really be yours."
"Don't worry, I'll catch you up when I get back to work!!"



Benji was staring at me - I would love to know what is going through his mind, I wander what he really thinks about me and his Dad.  It must be pretty strange for him having a step mother his own age, because it was strange to think he was my step son and we went to school together and am ashamed to say I think I would still like to kiss him.  I am not really sure why I feel like this about him again, I have seen him at work and not felt like this - we have spoken when needs be but he was not happy with me because of his parents breakup - I hope its just my hormones.


I was pregnant again, so my maternity leave would be extended.   I did really need to get back to work soon, my life time wish needed working on.  After this child, hopefully there will be no more interruptions with work.


I had a mad panic - Rocky was in bed, Dad had gone to work, Jasmine at school and Cody was missing, I couldnt find him anywhere.

"Don't panic, he is fine!!"
"How can you say that Rocky, he has vanished."
"He is in his favourite place, look out the window."


He was outside, somewhere I had not looked.  He had taken himself off outside all on his own to play with the xylophone that was out in the garden.

"I didn't know he liked it outside."
"Yes, he loves the outdoors its one of his traits, you don't spend enough time with the kids Lacey, you should know that!!"


Rocky went out to play with him and they ended up spending most of the morning outside, he even managed to teach Cody to walk while they were out there, according to Rocky because he was happier outside he was in a better mood and learnt to walk pretty quickly.


I think my Dad is struggling at the moment, emotionally he was a mess - not long over the death of his second wife and he goes and falls for a married woman, and it would go and be someone closely involved with our dis-functional family,  Carmel's mother Vanilla Fudge.  Benji and Caramel were not going to be impressed if this carried on.  My Dad - after everything he said to me and Rocky and he goes and does exactly the same thing.  He saw Vanilla a few times, they kissed each other but I think that is as far as it went before my Dad came to his senses, of course once he had gotten Vanilla a public disgrace for cheating, and had Vanilla's husband tear strips off him.


It has not helped that since Scarlet died my mothers ghost seems to be on a mission to make Dads life miserable, not in a nastily way but emotionally.


Whenever she is out and about she will not leave Dad alone.  Hugging him and generally being romantic towards him, I have even seen her kissing him, that has to be the creepiest thing I have ever seen!!!


Kai had his birthday and is now a toddler.  Even though he follows me with his hair skin and eye colouring, I can not see any Ugly in him, which has started to worry me.  Our children are taking after Rocky with their looks and I think are going to be attractive when they grow up and this is not ideal for our Ugli family legacy - my children are just not ugly enough to carry on the family tradition!!  I just hope this fourth child carries the ugli genes.


Rocky being Rocky swoops in and monopolises Kai as he did with Jasmine and Cody.  I am surprised that there has not been any jelousy or tantroms with the children, I don't know how he is managing to spend enough time with the three of them to keep them happy.


Like with the other two Rocky taught Kai how to talk


It is nice that the two boys were very close in age, they could grew up together and seemed to get on, Kai tends to follow Cody about and they are never too far apart.


Jasmine was a good girl and pretty smart.  She is clever enough to use her Grandad at homework time, what better way - the principal of your school helping you with your homework every night, and she never missed a night the first thing she did when she got home from school ever night was to hunt my Dad down to ask him to help her with her homework.


My doll was still pestering me, but I found that sometimes he did come in handy.  Now being heavily pregnant I was getting very tired this pregnancy seemed different somehow, my tummy was a lot bigger, my back hurt a lot more and I was a lot more tired.  Rocky at work, Dad and Jasmine asleep but the two boys were still up and wide awake.

"Hesper can you just watch Cody and Kai for me till Rocky gets back from work."
"Are you going out?"
"No I am really tired I need to go to bed and the boys aren't tired yet."


I don't know how long I had been asleep, but it must have been a few hours because Rocky was back from work and just heading to bed when I woke up in pain.  This pain was worse than I had felt before and I was so worried that we went to the hospital and actually made it there this time.


This had definitely been my longest and most painful labour, and after it was all over we realised why.  Twins, we both walked out of the hospital carrying a baby, Rocky had Cory the boy and I had Casey the girl.  We had the little girl that we wanted, she arrived first, followed by a bonus, a little boy, both of them green skinned like Rocky.


"You know what this means don't you!!"
"No what?"
"You are going to have to get more involved with our kids."
"Why?"


"Well I am not superman, there is no way I can juggle two toddlers and two babies all on my own, you are going to have to help me a little."
"You say that like I don't want to - you hog them too much I can not get near them half the time, that's why I don't get too involved with them you won't let me!!"  

--------------
--------------

Lacey decided she wanted to kiss Benji again when he spent the day at their house.  Being on the quest to produce an ugly hier I decided to ignore the wish -  I couldn't bear to have her cheat on Rocky lol.  If she had done it on free will then I would have had to have gone with it but she didn't.

1 comment:

  1. Lacey does seem not to want to do anything with her children after she had them. Yeah Rocky's children are pretty.

    ReplyDelete