Friday 17 February 2012

Chapter 10 - Gen 4 - Cain

Just a few little miracles!!

It had taken a lot longer than I thought to make my move to Rainbow Valley, far too much time for my liking I was going slowly mad waiting, missing Apricot and wandering what she was doing, hoping she was not getting on with her life without me.

The break from each other my Mom reckoned would do both of us good, it would give her time to calm down, I was not convinced, all I could thing was that the longer I left it the more likely it would be that she might move on with her life and forget about me that was what I was worried about.

Heir to this stupid Wishacy family thing was holding me up - I couldn't just take off on a whim according to my mother, I had to do things properly which included building a house to live in, which my Mom took great pleasure in organising, and the family fund which was rightfully all mine, being the heir, had to be sorted out as Mom and Leon did not want to come with me, so I took half and left the other half for Reece.  The past four generations of the Ugli family had accumulated just over $2 million, and there was no way I needed it all - so I came to Rainbow Valley with $1 million in my pocket and a brand new house.   A house fit to raise a family in she said, when I finally got here as usual my mother had gone O.T.T, this house was way too big for just me but it had been built with future generations in mind - to be passed onto the next generation - that's if I ever created one!!!


On further inspection I actually loved this house, maybe most of it being decorated in my favourite colour Orange might have helped but the maddest thing was the huge fish tank in the wall, I found myself spending hours stood watching the fish, it was quite relaxing and kept my stress levels down.  Stress - what did I have to stress about??  Apricot and getting her back.


Now I was here I was almost scared in a way to go looking for her just in case I found she had moved on,  but I knew I had to do it quickly it would not take long for the press to get wind of my presence in this town, I have done some research and there is not a lot of celebrity activity in this town, me being a five star celebrity is going to cause a stir.  Ironically the first job that my Agent sent me on was a cameo job at the theatre.  The theatre where Apricot should be working.


After doing the job I found myself hanging about outside the theatre, sat reading secretly hoping that I would catch her coming out of work.  I sat reading till past midnight but she never came out.


Of course, like I thought, it didn't take long for the paparazzi to click onto me, stood there taking notes and pictures.  The last thing I wanted was for her to open the newspaper tomorrow and to see my face.


When the autograph hunters and "can I take your photo" started I thought it was time I went home.  In the morning I am just going to have to go and knock on her door.


Too worked up to sleep knowing what I would be doing in the morning I tried to keep myself amused.  While I was working out on the treadmill I decided I wanted to go jogging, I could have a look round and maybe jog past her house.


As I started to run down her street I didn't need to look at the numbers I just followed the sound of a guitar, a familiar guitar and I just knew it was Apricot who was playing it.  She was out on her front garden playing the guitar, the guitar that I had given her, surely she must think about me every time she plays it, well that's what I hoped.


I stood watching her, it took her about five minutes to realise I was stood there watching her.  Her eyes never left me as she put the guitar down.

"Please No!!!!"
"Hi"
"Please tell me that is not you stood there Cain."
"Yes Apricot - obviously its me!!"
"I was hoping I was in a nightmare that I would wake up from."
"Sorry, no nightmare, just me the nightmare."


"PLEASE NO!!!"
"You said that once already."
"WHAT THE HELL are you doing here Cain?"
"I came to see if you have forgiven me yet?"
"You are joking me!!"
"No, I told you I love you and it will never be over for me."


"You shouldn't have come here Cain!!"
"Why your not married or anything are you?"
"No but, please, just get on a plane and go home I am begging you."
"I don't need to catch a plane I can walk home."
"You didn't move here?!"
"Yes."
"Don't tell me, the big house being built by the beach that everyone has been wandering about, that's you isn't it!!"
"Yes that's my house."
"I should have known!!"


I tried to give her some flowers for a few seconds she hesitated and I thought she might take them, but she just went mad.


"Don't think with a few flowers you are going to get round me."
"You look nice, I like the way you changed your hair."
"Shut up Cain!!"
"I was just saying."
"How did you find me anyway?"
"I have my contacts."
"My family didn't keep their mouths shut did they?"
"Does it matter how I found you, I am here and we need to talk."


"No we don't need to talk!!, I've done talking."
"Please Apricot."
"NO CAIN - You don't know what you have done coming here!!"
"Tell me."
"I can't!!"


"Please Cain will you just go now."
"You are not inviting me in I take it."
"NO!!!!"
"Apricot, what's wrong, I can see something is different with you."
"I'm tired, just let me get some sleep, I need to think, but I am begging you please don't come round, I will call you later."
"OK I'll let you sleep and I won't come round as long as you do call me."
"I will, I'll call you if it keeps you away."
"Don't get doing a runner either because you know I will find you again."
"I won't I promise - I don't have the energy to."
"Your not ill are you?"
"No - just tired, very tired."


I killed the day away in the Dive bar, I only originally went in there to eat, but ended up staying too long and drinking way too much.  There was something strange about Apricot and I could not quite work out what it was.


I tried to keep myself occupied but was finding it hard to concentrate.  I was waiting for Apricot to phone me, not really sure that she actually would.


I ran out of patience and decided to phone her instead.  She just went mad.

"What do you want?"
"You said you would phone me."
"Give me a break!!!! I said I would phone you and I planned too later."
"I'm sick of waiting!!"
"Your infuriating do you know that - I am at work - I'll phone you when I am finished."


I was restless at home so decided to go out to have a look around town, I ended up at the nectary.  I noticed that I was getting hassled a lot more in this town than I had at home, and I suppose it will be like this for a while till everyone gets used to me being here.


Being in the nectary I couldn't help but try out some nectar. 


Finally my phone started ringing and it was Apricot.


"There is something I should tell you before someone else does - I have a boyfriend."
"You don't!!!!!"
"His name is Neville."
"Why??!!!"
"You ask me why?!"
"Is it serious, you and this Neville?"
"That is really none of your business."


I was shocked, how could she get a boyfriend already - this is just what I was scared of - now what was I going to do?!  I knew I had left it too long - I should have come sooner.  I knew the answer to my problem was not at the bottom of a nectar bottle, but I went looking anyway, drinking like an idiot just to block out the pain.


I didn't get up until dinnertime the next day, I was staring at my haggered face in the mirror wandering what I had done last night and how had I got home because I really could not remember - drinking too much nectar - but it hadn't made me forget why I had done it.  Then Apricot phoned me, which took me by surprise."

"You ok?"
"No!!!"
"I'm sorry!!"
"Me too - why did you phone Apricot just to rub my nose in it?"
"No I was worried about you,I have heard about your drunken antics in town last night, its not like you to drink"
"Don't make me laugh, you worried about me!!! you forgot about me soon enough."
"Can I come round we need to talk."
 "If you want to."


She arrived and I was surprised she let me hug her


"This house is huge."
"That's Mom for you, went over the top as usual, if it wasn't for her I would have been here sooner then maybe you wouldn't have forgotten about me and got yourself a boyfriend already."
"It's not like I ever forgot about you."
"You could have fooled me."
"Your the one that cheated anyway, what's with the attitude you have never spoken to me like this before."
"Well maybe I am a little upset."
"And hungover!!"
"Is that really any of your business?!"


"You know what - I'll come back when you can be civil so that we can talk properly."
"Fine!!"
"Fine!!"


Apricot stormed off and I let her go.  I was too upset and too hungover to have a sensible conversation with her anyway and no doubt she would just upset me again.  I took my frustration out on the martial arts training dummie.


When I was aching and couldn't carry on I decided to play chess.


One of the pap's that have been hanging around decided to join me.  We played a few games and I thought it quite funny that he never tried to talk to me once, when he had had enough he just got up and walked away - strange man!!


"Cain."
"What?"
"Can you come round?"
"Why what's wrong?"
"Come round I'll tell you when you get here."


"So - what's wrong?"
"Before I let you in you need to promise me you won't go mad!!"
"Why would I go mad?"
"Just promise me you won't go mad."
"Ok I won't go mad - so come on what is going on."
"I have something to tell you, but I don't know how to so I just thought I would show you instead.  You coming to this town has made it impossible for me to hide it, that's why I left and moved to another town, but as you are here it won't take long for someone or you to cotton on, and I really could do with your help because I am just not coping very well."
"Your not really making any sense."
"Look in there."  she pointed towards the bedroom.


I walked into the bedroom not really sure what I was supposed to be looking at.  Then something on the floor let out an almighty scream, I looked down and all I could see was a purple child screaming it's head off.

"OMG - you have a kid."
"Yes."
"So what's he done, Neville ran off and left you?"
"You think that's Nevilles kid?"
"Well isn't it?"
"Are you even looking at him Cain - look at his hair - he is your kid are you really so stupid!!"
"WHAT?!"
"I left town because I was pregnant and I couldn't hide it any longer without you finding out."
"WHY Apricot? Why would you even do that?"
"His name is Kelly by the way."


I was numb with shock - I had a kid - how could she do this to me??!!.  She told me to feed him as she had something else to show me and she walked out of the room saying she would be back in a second.  Minutes later she walked back in hold another one - I thought I might be about to pass out.

"Now you can't mistake this one as being yours can you - maybe I should have shown you one of the girls first."
"What do you mean - one of the girls?"
"Triplets - two girls and one boy, the girls are identical.  This is Genie and Laney is in the other room."
"Am I dreaming?"
"No your not dreaming."


"Now things are beginning to make sense to me."
"Like what?"
"What your Mom said she told Mango to tell me where you were and if I went after you then I would figure the rest out for myself, why your sister virtually begged me to come after you, Mango threatened to kick my but and your Dad threw me out."
"I knew it was my families fault you found me."
"So where is Kelly's cot?"
"He doesn't have one they take it in turns, I only have one cot."
"Please tell me your joking!!"
"No, I never expected three, one I could have coped with but you try paying for 3 lots of childcare on my wage it leaves me with just enough for food and nappies."


"So where exactly will he be sleeping tonight - on the floor??"
"Well yes."
"Get some bags packed - you are all coming home with me."
"Oh no - I am not asking you to move us in - all I want is for you to look after them while I am at work it would help me such a lot and after all they are your kids."
"Exactly why they will be coming home with me, where they can have a cot each and anything else they need - I am not leaving them in this pokey hole, I would never forgive myself and don't you think I have missed enough of their life already because of your selfishness!!!"
"Cain I ...."


"Don't argue with me Apricot or I will get mad - stay here if you want, but my kids are coming home with me and you would be stupid not to come with us!!!

-----------------------------------------------

Kelly
Disciplined and Genius


Genie
Athletic and Friendly


Laney
Good and Artistic



--------------
--------------
And I bet you never expected that to happen!!!  
I was worried about the move to the new town (new file) how I was going to get them to meet - I did think I might have to use a free day to do it - but I decided to merge them back into the same house and uploaded them together so they still had the ex girlfriend//boyfriend connection and moved them into town then split them up.  So Cain only knew Apricot in the town and his wishes just carried on from where they had left off :)
Then the Miracle happened which had me sat mouth open seriously wandering if I was cracking up.
Apricot was broken in the other file and could not get pregnant.  I did think of making a new copy of her knowing that she probably would still be broken but thought I should use the original copy of her because she was not going to make Cains life easy where a new copy of her would.  If she did not get pregnant in this file I had a little insurance to cover the situation.  When I moved her to the new file I instantly moved her to a new house before they had any interaction with each other.  Cain suddenly wished to buy a teddy bear - I thought it was strange and the wish was granted.  Then he wished to buy a high chair - I thought that's a bit random!!  Wish granted.  Read a pregnancy book - I thought he had gone mental - then the penny dropped.  I checked out Apricot and was shocked to see she had a baby bump.  The only think I can think that she had a stuck pregnancy in the other file and the mods fixed it in the new file and set the pregnancy going - I thought this baby was going to be just a clone of Apricot like I have had with other sims that are pregnant and moved files.  Was I shocked when they arrived and you can see they are Cains babies :)  Keeping the connection between Cain and Apricot probably did that :)  I am probably going to have a soft spot for these three as they are my little miracle babies :)  I left them with the names the game gave them - that's why they are a little random.  The traits they were all born with too were pretty good too to say i had nothing to do with them for a change!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome Julie! I had a feeling she was pregnant from the few throwing up comments in the earlier chapters but I didn't expect 3 babies.

    That was a nice transition into the new town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol i wandered if anyone would spot the hints in there. One good thing about playing way ahead of of my chapters - when surprises like that spring up it gives me every opportuntiy to twist my story about a little. I was surprised when the 3 arrived too. I am still alittle shocked at their existance.

    ReplyDelete