Thursday 16 February 2012

Chapter 9 - Gen 4 - Cain

"Apricot please don't leave me!!"
"Give me one good reason why I should stay."
"I love you and I promise I will never cheat on you again."
"I am not sure I can ever trust you again"


"Find somewhere else to sleep"
"I just want to talk, that's all!!"
"Your wasting your breath Cain."
"You are still here and I know you love me."
"Don't flatter yourself - I don't even like you right now."


Reece and Peanut were now romantically involved.  My little brother was getting a love life while mine had well and truly fallen apart.


Apricot stayed, she didn't leave like she kept threatening to, but we weren't really talking very much, any time I went near her she told me to get lost.  She was still really upset, she was hardly eating or sleeping and a few times I even caught her throwing up.  I could see how much I had hurt her and there was nothing I could do to put it right.


Then I got a phone call from Cherry that ruined it all.

"Cherry I told you not to phone me again."
"I'm sorry Cain, I had to, this is important."
"Well hurry up, the last thing I want is Apricot catching me talking to you."


"I think I might be pregnant."
"WHAT!!??"
"Pregnant - you know having a baby - your baby."
"NO!!!"


"OMG!! Apricot is going to kill me!!"
"Will you stop thinking about her for one minute."
"I can't help it - she will leave me for sure, I really don't want this!!"
"Well what about the baby?"


"Don't worry I won't turn my back on the baby if you are pregnant."
"What about me?"
"What do you want me to say - you know how I feel Cherry."
"So if I am pregnant - you wont leave her for me and the baby, you will stay with Apricot."
"Well yes, if she doesn't leave me because of it."


My head was pickled and I told my Mom about the phone call and what Cherry had said.


Unfortunately Leon overheard us.

"I am glad you find it amusing Cain!!"
"Leon if I don't laugh about it I am going to cry I really don't want this!!"
"What about Apricot doesn't she have a right to know, as if you haven't already put that girl through enough!!!"
"It has not been confirmed yet, Apricot doesn't need to know anything until it is confirmed that Cherry is actually pregnant."


We all sat down to eat, Apricot even joined us, then Leon opened his big mouth.

"Apricot I think you should know, Cherry has contacted Cain and says she might be pregnant."
"Well thanks a lot Leon, I didn't want her upsetting until it was 100%!!!!!"


 The language flying across the table that was coming from Apricots mouth made both me and Leon nearly choke on our food.  She was livid.


"Why didn't you tell me?"
"I am hoping she isn't - I didn't think you needed upsetting if there was no need."
"Your an idiot Cain - stick the knife in why don't you - of course she is going to be pregnant because you would be stupid enough not to be careful!!"
"There is no point getting upset she might not be yet."
"You know what Cain - I don't care I have had enough - this is just the last straw, I am leaving today don't try to stop me again, I am going!!"
"Thanks Leon - now see what you did!!"
"Me?"


"Please Apricot - she might not be and Ive told her I am not leaving you even if she is."
"I'm sorry Cain I can't do this any more, just the thought of it ............"

She ran off to the bathroom to throw up.


She packed her bags and she left and this time I couldn't stop her.  I was upset and for days did nothing but paint, one painting after another, day and night only leaving my easel to eat and sleep.


I managed to get myself up four levels, career wise, and  I painted so much I made some serious money that week, but it made me far from happy.


I watched Reece and Peanut leave for Prom.  They both looked really happy - I had forgotten what that felt like, and I know it was my own fault.  I couldn't take it any longer I had to do something.


I went to Cherry's and virtually broke down on her doorstep.
"Cherry I need to know - my life is a mess and I can't begin to sort it out until I know if you are pregnant or not."
"Why what's wrong?"
"Apricot left me, my step-father told her you might be pregnant and she left.  If you are pregnant then my life is just about ruined for good if your not I might get her back if I beg and plead with her."
"Well, I do know the answer to your question."
"You do - come on tell me then."
"It was a false alarm - no baby."
"Oh thank god - you don't know how happy that has made me!!"
"I bet!!" I could see she was getting upset
"I am sorry I didn't mean to be insensitive its just ......."
"I know - now go you won't hear from me again, I am thinking of moving out of town anyway so you won't have to think about me ever again."


The next morning I got up in a better mood.  I bumped into Reece and Peanut making out on the landing.

"I hope you two are behaving!!"
"Shut up Cain like your a good role model!!"
"Exactly squirt - you make sure you learn from my mistakes!!"
"You can stop calling me squirt too - I am not a kid any more."


"What do you want?"
"She is not pregnant, it was a false alarm."
"Go away Cain I am not interested."
"Please Apricot."
"You are making me angry Cain!!"


"What exactly do you want?"
"You to come home."
"I am home."
"Stop being awkward you know what I mean - home with me."


"I am only going to say this once more - get lost Cain - it is over!!"
"Its not over - I love you and I know you love me so how can it be over."
"Because I said so, now go - get over it, I am never coming back."


The next day I tried again, another visit to the Mandarine house but this time, just to be told something I really did not want to hear.

"Here he is - Cain I should be very cross with you for what you put my daughter through."
"I know and I am sorry Lilly, I am cross with myself, is Apricot about."
"No actually she isn't, go and talk to Mango, he will fill you in, we said we wouldn't tell you but I really think you should know."


"I should kick your but Cain!!"
"I know, but your not going to!!"
"You recon, Kai is not too pleased with you either."
"Your Mom, she told me to come talk to you - you can fill me in apparently - what is going on Mango?"
"I promised Apricot I wouldn't say."


"Tell him Mango - just tell him where she is - if he goes after her, he can figure the rest out for himself."
"But Mom!!"
"Just do it Mango."
"Your a cretin Cain do you know that!!"
"Yes Mango I know - now where is Apricot?"


"She is going to go balistic."  he said looking at Millie.
"Just tell him Mango - he won't give up till one of us tells him.
"Come on Mango - WHERE IS SHE???"
"Rainbow Valley."
"Where on earth is Rainbow Valley?"
"About a five hour plane ride away, thanks by the way for driving my sister away"
"What?! Why?"
"To get away from you."


"This is just stupid - why would she do that?"
"She wanted to go somewhere you couldn't find her."
"That seems a little extreme, its not like I tried to kill her or anything."
"She has her reasons!!"
"What reasons?"
"Not for me to say Cain."
"Who does she know in Rainbow Valley?"
"No one."
"So why there?"
"The only place she could get a job transfer to in a hurry."


"I need her address."
"I am sure with all your celebrity connections you could quite easily find her."
"Come on Mango."
"You are seriously not going after her!!"
"Yes of course I am, so an address would be good, then I will get out of your hair."
"I am warning you - mess her about again and I will come after you Cain."
"I don't plan to - please just give me her address."


None of us had heard their Father, Milton come in. 
"Don't tell him anything Mango, you know what your sister said."
"I am not Dad."
"Maybe its time you left Cain."
"I'll show Cain out, Mango, show Dad the doggy tap that needs fixing."


Once Mango and Milton had walked into the living room and out of earshot.

"Try Skittle Alley." she whispered
"What?"
"Apricots address 5 Skittle Alley."
"Rainbow Valley right?"
"Yeah - you are going after her aren't you?!!"
"Yes"


"Good, she needs you to."
"Why, is there something your not telling me?"
"I just don't think she is thinking straight at the moment and she knows nobody there, I am worried about her"
"Are you sure there is nothing you can tell me Millie."
"Just go Cain, I have said enough."


I was watching Mom and Leon messing about.  After all that she has put him through, he was still here and he still loved her, he had forgiven her for everything because he loved her.  So why can't Apricot forgive me - I am sure in time she would.


I know what I have to do - I had to get Apricot to forgive me and take me back somehow.  I am going to move to Rainbow Valley


Now I just have to work out - how do I tell me Mom.



---------------
--------------

The next chapter is the move to the new town - after I broke the file adding mods and Master Suite :(

3 comments:

  1. Well, you did find a creative way to move him. Aw, I kind of wondered what Cherry and Cain child would looked like until she wasn't having one later in the chapter so it was just briefly.:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. IDK Sweet, she looked like she was wearing a maternity dress to me when she told him she wasn't pregnant. But I guess we will have to wait and see ;-)

    ReplyDelete