Monday 20 February 2012

Chapter 11 - Gen 4 - Cain

Staring at three now little sleeping angels I was still finding it hard to take in.  Firstly that they were my children and secondly how on earth had Apricot managed to take care of them working and alone, when for the last five hours they had run me ragged, I was totally exhausted and now they were all finally asleep just as the sun was coming up.  It somehow stopped me being angry with Apricot for what she had done especially as I knew she was upstairs getting probably the first full nights sleep since they had been born.


When I first brought them home they just sat on the carpet a little bewildered looking around them.  They didn't have a clue who I was, where they were or even what to do with the toys that they had not had or seen before.  I have to thank my Mother for one thing insisting on a nursery, ready furnished for when the time comes - who knew the time would be so soon.  Three cots too like she had a sixth sense.


Telling the girls apart was probably the hardest thing for me to get round, I had plenty of practice with Cory's kids and Reece when they were babies and toddlers, so all the feeding and nappy changing didn't bother me, it was getting the girls mixed up.  They were virtually identical their hair and skin colour like mine, they both had Apricots eyes and facial identical they looked just like Apricot and I could only tell them apart by their clothes to start with.  Then I noticed they had totally different characters and then they started to become easier to identify just by watching how they behaved. 


Laney is quite a nightmare to get to sleep, she would actually rather sleep on the floor than in a cot and was the last one for me to get to sleep.


"Enjoy your sleep Apricot?"
"Yes thanks - did you get much?"
"None yet - I only just got them all to sleep."
"Laney right - I should have warned you - you should just have let her sleep on the floor, she much prefers it."
"So I gathered, but that's a habit we need to break."
"So I guess your cross with me!!"
"A little, but I just can't work out why you did it!!"
"You had just cheated on me and it was totally the wrong time for me to being finding out that I was pregnant and when you told me Cherry might be pregnant my head went."


"Why run away to a different town?"
"You would have found out I was pregnant I needed to hide it - if I had stayed there I wouldn't have been able to have hidden the baby for long, or babies as it turned out."
"Why did you want to hide it from me?"
"I was upset and I hated you for what you had done to me, I thought if you knew I was pregnant I would have no choice but to stay with you - you cheated - I couldn't trust you not to do it again and I wouldn't have been able to take it."
"I am not sure I can ever forgive you for trying to hide my children away from me, it makes what I did to you look insignificant doesn't it!!"


We were both sorry for what we had done but I don't think either of us are going to be forgiven very quickly.  We still both love each other and we agreed to try and work things out for the kids sakes.  I was happy I had her back even if it was by default, she was only here because of the triplets, otherwise I think we would still be fighting.


But for now we were sleeping in separate beds and trying to piece back our relationship.


We soon settle into a routine and I started to forget what the outside world looked like.  I spent every waking minute with the triplets while Apricot went to work at the theatre. I didn't get time to do a lot of painting but it was not like we needed the money, Apricot didn't need to work either but she wanted to.  Our day usually started with Genie screaming the house down and waking everyone up.


Apricot had been too tired working and looking after the triplets to even think about teaching them to walk and talk and to use their potty chairs.  So while Apricot was at work I made a start on teaching them all to talk.


 The girls you would think would be close being identical but they were far from it.  Genie was little miss independence and liked to go it alone, she bossed the other two about something chronic.   It was Laney and Kelly that were inseperable, they rarely did anything with out each other.


I am trying to teach Kelly to talk and Laney is there watching us and interfering.

"Look Elly Bogee"
Kelly started to laugh at Laney
"Bogee - Bogee" she sits there with a big grin on her face waving her finger around that has just come from up her nose.  Kelly starts having hysterics which just encourages Laney
"Bogee - Bogee"
"Who told you Bogey Laney?"
"Eenie did."
"Well Genie is naughty!!"
"Bogee"
"Kelly say DANCE"
"Dance elly dance."
"Not you Laney!!!  This is impossible."


"Apricot you are going to have to amuse Laney for a while, she keeps talking for Kelly and I am never going to teach him to talk at this rate."


There was something playing on my mind thought - Neville - he was still lurking about in the background, although she hadn't been seeing him she had been talking to him on the phone.

"Neville?"
"What about him?"
"I want you to break up with him."
"I suppose I should really, I don't want to be getting a reputation like your do I - Mr Dirtbag!!"


"But don't think this means I have forgiven you!!"
"I haven't forgiven you either so I suppose that makes us quits doesn't it!!"
"Cheat on me again and me AND the kids are out of here!!"


It took a while but we got back to sleeping in the same bed again.


Once they could all talk it was none stop chatter.  Kelly and Laney where like a pair of old washer women, they never shut up nattering to each other.  Their conversations were actually pretty comical if you stopped to listen to them.


Apricot started to learn to play the piano and became hooked.  Instead of practising and improving her guitar skill for work like she should have been she was spending any spare minute she had playing the piano.


There was something that I had wanted to do for quite a while but was too scared to do in case she said no.  We were almost back to the way it had been before Cherry, I say almost because I am not sure things will ever go back to the way they were, but we are getting there.


I was prepared for another one of her tizzy fits and expected her to say no, when I asked her to marry me, but she quite surprised me by the way she acted.


She seemed pretty excited and said yes straight away, that I really didn't expect.


Needing to get back to doing some painting and working on my martial arts to complete my lifetime wish, we started to spend more time outside which the kids actually prefered.  Once they had had their first feed of the day they made their own way outside.


It was pretty handy because I could work on my martial arts and keep an eye on them at the same time.  Nearly completed level 7 so I only have 2 levels to go to master martial arts.


They loved playing outside and most days we were our there pretty late, especially on the days that Apricot had off work.


The pap's had a field day with us - our situation had caused quite a stir with them and we always had at least three of them camped out on the front or wandering around the garden with us  I could just ignore them being used to them but Apricot was getting pretty annoyed with them.


Especially when they kept asking her to pose for photo's and for her autograph.


I know I shouldn't have a favourite but I spent a lot more time with Laney than the other two but that was mainly because she started to follow me around a lot more and demand my attention more.


I was pretty excited, they were having their birthday in  a few days - I can not believe how quickly the time has flown.


--------------
-------------

1 comment:

  1. He has a handiful taking care of the triplets and I bet he doesn't have much time for anything else.

    ReplyDelete