Wednesday 14 March 2012

Chapter 3 - Gen 5 - Amber

When I got into the kitchen I could see that the dishwasher was on fire and the cupboards above it had started to burn, Genie was just stood there in shock and she already looked pretty singed.


We all started to pile into the kitchen because of the noise that the fire alarm was making.


Genie and Dad grabbed fire extinguishers and tried to put out the fire while we were waiting for the firemen to turn up.


Apricot also tried to help put out the fire but she got a little too close, her nightdress set on fire and Dad quickly stepped in to put it out and put himself in danger, his clothes too then set on fire.


Dad ran past me squealing because his shorts were on fire.  He jumped into the shower to put the fire out.  Two firemen appeared and one of them started to try and put out the fire while the other one just stood there doing nothing.


The fire was spreading and everything was getting loud and confusing, the smoke alarm was still squealing and I could hear everyone shouting and screaming, bodies running all over the place.  At one point I even saw Genie standing there engulfed in flames, everyone screaming at her to get out of the way of the flames which she did do eventually unharmed.


One of the firemen was battling away with the flames but the fire was spreading out into the hallway and out of control.


Kelly seemed to be the only one of us calm and was trying to help the fireman put out the fire in the hallway.  By now the kitchen was no longer on fire.  We were all tired, the fire had been raging on all night and it was still going strong.


The fire in the hallway was virtually extinguished but had now spread into what I call the Piano room, the fire was spreading along the carpet.


Kelly's clothes were on fire so he ran into the bathroom towards the shower like Dad had earlier.


Suddenly the fire seemed to get worse, it hit the bookcase and of course all the paper book pages caught fire instantly and the whole bookcase immediately exploded into flames.


It happened so quickly like a ball of flames it erupted again and engolfed both Dad and Apricot.  After a few minutes Dad ran screaming out of the flames and headed straight into the bathroom to put the fire out on his clothes again.


It got confusing again I could hear Alex and Genie screaming and shouting on the other side of the fire, I just presumed that Apricot had got out of the fire and was stood with them.  Alex managed to finish putting out the last bit of fire and when the smoke cleared I could see that Apricot was not with them.


That lazy fireman was still stood in the corner of the kitchen where he had been for most of the night doing nothing - I am sure if he had helped the fire could have been put out in half the time.


I saw the Grim Reaper suddenly appear, I started to panic - who wasn't here, who hadn't I seen, I started to do a head count, I could see Alex and Genie, Adam and Laney were in the kitchen talking to the fireman, I couldn't see Dad, Apricot or Kelly.


Apricot was dead, Laney started screaming from the bathroom, that's when we realised Dad and Kelly were also dead.


Dixie was the only one unaccounted for and I had not given her a thought until she came out of the nursery and sat there screaming because she was hungry and tired and she wanted Dad.  I gave her a bottle and she stopped crying, It was then I could hear Uncle Reece banging on the front door yelling for someone to let him inside.


"What's going on Alex."
"Genie started a fire - Reece they are dead."
"NO!!!! Who? Alex Who?"
"Dad, Apricot, Kelly, what are we going to do???"
"Don't worry, I'm here, I'll look after you"


I was in the bathroom watching the reaper taking my brother away and I was trying to work out how Dad and Kelly had died in the bathroom, they had both ran in here to put out their burning clothes but I only just realised that I never saw either of them come out from the bathroom again.


Then it was Dads turn, I could see his ghost floating there we all could, he was dead - we didn't just imagine it did we.  Something happened that I am not sure I will ever understand.


The reaper started to laugh out loud then he started to speak.

"So Cain, you prepared very well for my visit."
"What?"
"I see you have an insurance policy Cain!!"
"What??!!"  

My Dad was as confused as we were, we were all looking around at each other trying to understand what was going on.


The reaper started to moan and covered his face with his hand, I could see him shaking his head, then he started to laugh again, a horrible cackle that went straight through me.

"Just give me the seed and you can have your life back."
"What seed?"
"That seed you are carrying, its mine, give it back to me and I will give you your life back."


Suddenly before our eyes and in a flash of light my Dad was stood there as large as life, he was alive, skin and all, no longer floating he had his feet strongly planted on the floor, he looked dazed and confused like we all were.


We didn't have time to make any sense of what had just happened because someone started screaming, Genie again out in the garden sets the cooker on fire trying to cook something to eat.  What is wrong with that girl today!!!????  The fire engines outside had attracted the attention of the neighbours who I noticed were congregated in the back garden being nosey.


Alex and Reece managed to put the garden fire out before it got out of control.  Dad was just stood there bewildered, then he asked where Apricot was and where was Dixie???  Dad went tearing into the house like his pants were on fire again.


Dad cracked up he had not realised until we told him that Apricot and Kelly were dead.  Luckily Dixie was safe and sleeping on the floor.


At first he said he hadn't remembered that Kelly was dead - his head was hurting him everything seemed hazy.  The last thing he remembers was that he had ran into the bathroom to put his clothes out the second time when he had stopped because he could see Kelly lay on the floor dead in front of the shower and blocking his way.   He said he had completely forgot that his own clothes were on fire in the shock then everything just went black.  The next thing he knows he is stood in the middle of the bathroom with everyone staring at him including the Grim Reaper.  I think Dad knew even less than we did about what had just happened to him.


We were all exhausted physically and mentally.


Dixie woke up and straight away demanded Dad's attention, for her life went on as normal.  In a way I felt a little jealous of my little sister, she didn't have a clue about what had just happened to our family, she wasn't old enough to understand and she wasn't going to feel the pain that we were feeling.  I was also very grateful for whatever happened earlier with Dad, if he had died I don't know how we would have coped with Dixie, I doubted that Dixie would even notice her mother wasn't here any more, but Dad, she definitely would have noticed him missing.


Just when we thought it was all over, tragedy struck again.  Genie like the rest of us was exhausted and she collapsed on the bed and went to sleep.


She got up and just keeled over, everyone heard her loud scream, then the silence, after the loud thud which must have been when she collapsed to the floor.


Reece was the first one to get to Genie but it was too late she had already gone.


Dad was beside himself, he even accused the Reaper of taking Genie because he had had to give him his life back.  It was just Genies time according to the Reaper.  She was too young to die yet!!!


It gave me the creeps seeing the Grim Reaper stood watching Dixie playing with her doll.  He even giggled at her a few times before he vanished in a puff of smoke.


Hopefully I will not be seeing him again for a very long time!!!



------------
------------
I hate fires - especially when I am playing wishacy and sims are so dumb when it comes to fires!!!!  I don't have a clue why Genie was trying to fix the dishwasher.  I had a little stress out over all the kids when I realised that Cain and Apricot had both died in the fire - when Reece turned up at the front door (like a saving angel) I sort of cheated in panic  :/   I clicked on him and added him to the family thinking that teenagers and the toddler might be collected by a social worker with there not being an adult in the house anymore.  However, I need not have panicked because I did not realise at the time that Cain had a deathflower seed in his inventory which the reaper took and gave him his life back.  I did not even know that the reaper took seeds in trade for sim's lives - i have seen sims beg and wave death flowers at him before but never a seed.  Then we had the fire out in the garden - this just made me laugh later thinking about it - A very silly thing in the game that has always tickled me - if you put something in a fridge in the kitchen - surprise surprise you can you get it out of the fridge outside - another EA stupidity which just got even worse when the fridge or cooker in the kitchen is on fire it causes the fridge or cooker in the garden to be on fire too - how stupid is that!!!  So be warned if you have more than one fridge or cooker in the house if one sets on fire they all will!!!  Then we have what happened to Genie - this totally gobsmacked me.  Just when I thought it is all over the camera swings onto Genie who is screaming then keels over and dies of starvation.  After the fire Laney, Adam and Genie went to bed, they were all hungry and needed the toilet but they were exhausted. Most of the household had dark orange to red plumbobs so I was not paying too much attention to everyones needs thinking the death of 3 sims and tiredness is going to tilt it into the red.  Obviously Genie was close to starvation and she starved in her sleep :(

All in all quite a nasty chapter to play and to write!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh man that is horrible!! It's good that Cain got to come back though especially for Dixie. What happened wasn't as bad as I had created in my own head waiting for the chapter to come out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt like a bit of a roller-coaster ride 3 die then cain gets his life back so I am thinking just 2 then Genie keels over :( I suppose I was lucky it was just the 3 of them in the finish. Thankfully Amber only put herself into danger once.

      Delete
  2. I thought you were going to lose most of them there. Also I think one of your mods if selected on allows teens to live without an adult so you might have been okay. It's insane that sims run into a fire instead of away from one. Poor Kelly, I always liked him but he was too cute for being the heir, so I guess it was for the best that he wasn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They take teens away? Weird. TS2 the teens could continue on without adults. That's disturbing to know. =/ At least you didn't lose them all.
    What an awful thing. I hate the fires.

    ReplyDelete